F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > I did something bad, please help.
Extreme Powerhouse

12-23-2019, 12:25 PM   #1
Siowroc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F32

I did something bad, please help.

Hello,
I installed new digital cluster on f32 and i wanted to coded it, but i made a big mistake on esys with enet cable i went to : coding->fa->read svt->svt (myvin) and i right click this and then "code" it flash whole things to not even stock it ruined it, what should i do ? i did before a save file of .xml ...
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 02:17 AM   #2
psyki
E36fiend
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i xDrive

Garage List
2014 435i xDrive  [0.00]
2014 X5  [0.00]
If you right clicked on the DKOMBI and selected "Code" then what you did is VO code it, all that does is apply the relevant coding parameters based on your FA. What your should do is add 6WB to your FA (and remove 6WA), then VO code the cluster again. I believe you may need to VO code other modules (like NBT) after updating the FA so they are configured correctly to use your digital cluster.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 03:35 AM   #3
Siowroc
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
If you right clicked on the DKOMBI and selected "Code" then what you did is VO code it, all that does is apply the relevant coding parameters based on your FA. What your should do is add 6WB to your FA (and remove 6WA), then VO code the cluster again. I believe you may need to VO code other modules (like NBT) after updating the FA so they are configured correctly to use your digital cluster.
The thing is that I did that - changed to 6wb and then I wanted to code it in dkombi but when i clicked on it code option was grey and the only “working” code option was on the highest position from list including my vin on top and I clicked it but it ruined it, lights are not working nothing....
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 10:09 AM   #4
psyki
E36fiend
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 435i xDrive  [0.00]
2014 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siowroc View Post
The thing is that I did that - changed to 6wb and then I wanted to code it in dkombi but when i clicked on it code option was grey and the only “working” code option was on the highest position from list including my vin on top and I clicked it but it ruined it, lights are not working nothing....
If you hit the "Code default values" button then I believe all you have to do is inject cafd and VO code. When you click on kombi do you see 'Detect cafd from swe' button on the right? Click that and then click the correct 'code'.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 12:21 PM   #5
Siowroc
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
If you hit the "Code default values" button then I believe all you have to do is inject cafd and VO code. When you click on kombi do you see 'Detect cafd from swe' button on the right? Click that and then click the correct 'code'.
Where I can find exactly files for my car ? Right now I got like 5 errors coming from check control and I don’t know why I have greyed out automaticall setup of clock and it doesn’t save when I setup manually, also I have question about safety is there any way to have any issues with safety because of that coding ? Like track control or airbag?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 03:03 PM   #6
psyki
E36fiend
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 435i xDrive  [0.00]
2014 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Where I can find exactly files for my car ? Right now I got like 5 errors coming from check control and I don’t know why I have greyed out automaticall setup of clock and it doesn’t save when I setup manually, also I have question about safety is there any way to have any issues with safety because of that coding ? Like track control or airbag?
You'll need to do this to recover DKOMBI:

Quote:
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Left-Click on desired ECU => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level shown => Select OK => Right-Click on ECU (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE
What errors do you see in check control?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 03:47 PM   #7
Siowroc
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
You'll need to do this to recover DKOMBI:

What errors do you see in check control?
Car had accident front and there was replaced whole front and fixed without any error, now after this flash I see errors like flashing lights error left and right, airbag error and more. Right now the lights in nights are turning on but they don’t go up, like they don’t positioning well, they are just staying low...
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 04:10 PM   #8
psyki
E36fiend
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 435i xDrive  [0.00]
2014 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Car had accident front and there was replaced whole front and fixed without any error, now after this flash I see errors like flashing lights error left and right, airbag error and more. Right now the lights in nights are turning on but they don’t go up, like they don’t positioning well, they are just staying low...
Are you saying these errors appeared after you installed the digital cluster? Or were they always there? These cars are super complex now, if one small thing is not installed correctly or coded properly it can cause a ton of error messages in things that seem unrelated. I changed my wheel speed sensors to a different type in order to retrofit active cruise control, it caused airbag errors, front collision warning errors, drivetrain errors, and the variable steering didn't work.

Everything must be in order or lots of things can go wrong. I'd start by getting your cluster working, try the CAFD injection steps I gave you.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 07:14 PM   #9
Siowroc
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Are you saying these errors appeared after you installed the digital cluster? Or were they always there? These cars are super complex now, if one small thing is not installed correctly or coded properly it can cause a ton of error messages in things that seem unrelated. I changed my wheel speed sensors to a different type in order to retrofit active cruise control, it caused airbag errors, front collision warning errors, drivetrain errors, and the variable steering didn't work.

Everything must be in order or lots of things can go wrong. I'd start by getting your cluster working, try the CAFD injection steps I gave you.
It was after coding the whole vin, after installing new digital cluster there was some errors with not a compatibility but someone helped me out to make the cluster for my vin and matched it to my car, it’s working everything one thing is not the navigation is not showing directions on cluster (I don’t have head up). If I will make CAFD injection now like you said it won’t ruin his work ?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 08:39 PM   #10
Siowroc
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

To let you understand more I made this steps till 6:37 where this lad is clicking on dkombi and I went to the top and I type code in svt(My vin) folder because on dkombi was grayed out
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 09:49 PM   #11
psyki
E36fiend
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 435i xDrive  [0.00]
2014 X5  [0.00]
At this point I'm not sure what exactly you need. You say the cluster works except navigation? And that DKOMBI is greyed out in e-sys? What are the numbers next to cafd underneath DKOMBI?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 01:18 AM   #12
Siowroc
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
At this point I'm not sure what exactly you need. You say the cluster works except navigation? And that DKOMBI is greyed out in e-sys? What are the numbers next to cafd underneath DKOMBI?
Like I need to fix
- lights (they don’t position itself)
- clock (automatic setup is grey and manually is not saving)
- remove errors from lights, airbag etc

I’m pretty sure that all those things is because of the flash I made post above, but right now I’m not sure if I will do the CAFD as you said it won’t break setup of cluster
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 04:37 AM   #13
plurant
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320D F30 2012

Quote:
Like I need to fix
- lights (they don’t position itself)
- clock (automatic setup is grey and manually is not saving)
- remove errors from lights, airbag etc

I’m pretty sure that all those things is because of the flash I made post above, but right now I’m not sure if I will do the CAFD as you said it won’t break setup of cluster
does the cluster appear in ista ?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 04:59 AM   #14
Siowroc
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by plurant View Post
does the cluster appear in ista ?
Yes
Appreciate 1
plurant10.50
      12-25-2019, 05:16 AM   #15
plurant
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320D F30 2012

Quote:
Yes
what colour is it ?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 05:43 AM   #16
Siowroc
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by plurant View Post
what colour is it ?

its 100% something messed up with coding i tried now to connect car via bimmercode and carly, bimmercode read with some errors like air conditiong have yellow dot and for example i cannot opne adcm it shows "the coding data cound not be read" is there any way to recover those from bimmercode backups or carly backups, bimmercode made FSC folder and backups folder if no how to then reflash those to defults values and not messing new cluster beacuse of deafult values of old one that comes with factory
Appreciate 0