F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > HELP 440i or 435i???
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-29-2020, 12:01 PM   #1
gogogogogo66
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

HELP 440i or 435i???

It's time for a new car, just sold my 2010 335i coupe and I've decided I'm in the market for either the 435 or 440 GC. I need some help in making a decision!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 02:00 PM   #2
rak299
Lieutenant
United_States
153
Rep
482
Posts

Drives: 2018 340i xdrive F30 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: san francisco

iTrader: (0)

The B58 engine in the 440 is REALLY nice
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 02:51 PM   #3
exE36M3
BMW CCA Member
exE36M3's Avatar
247
Rep
493
Posts

Drives: 2015 435i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (4)

Yeah, I've got the 435i. From the car and interior standpoint it's a wash save maybe for the iDrive/Entertainment system. But from the engine standpoint, you'll like the 440.

If you are in a rush to do mods, the 435i *might* be a good buy as the stuff has been out for a while for that model/motor.

But price-wise, if you are within a couple thousand, do the 440i or heck even the M4... as the lease cars have all come back and are just starting to make their way onto dealer lots. A local 2016 M4 on a dealer lot with 40k miles just blipped under $40k and an M3 loaded with more features sold for $41k.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 11:32 AM   #4
cfm56d7b
Major General
United_States
2057
Rep
5,393
Posts

Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (2)

If the budget and all other criteria are satisfactory, by all means get 440i GC and enjoy B58 engine.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 07:48 PM   #5
stuartcrosby
Get Out and Drive
stuartcrosby's Avatar
4
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: M2, M3, M4, 440, 911T, C4S
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Cardiff by the Sea

iTrader: (0)

Just picked up a 440i and have owned the 435 in the past. The new B58 motor is hands down the winner for me. Easy to mod, sounds great and reliable
Appreciate 1
cfm56d7b2056.50

      02-17-2020, 07:52 PM   #6
cfm56d7b
Major General
United_States
2057
Rep
5,393
Posts

Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartcrosby View Post
Just picked up a 440i and have owned the 435 in the past. The new B58 motor is hands down the winner for me. Easy to mod, sounds great and reliable
Having owned N55 equipped 335 in the past, I cannot say enough about the B58 in my 440i GC. Exactly the same experience as yours.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 08:54 AM   #7
Al Bundy's Dodge
Second Lieutenant
220
Rep
253
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartcrosby View Post
Just picked up a 440i and have owned the 435 in the past. The new B58 motor is hands down the winner for me. Easy to mod, sounds great and reliable
Having owned N55 equipped 335 in the past, I cannot say enough about the B58 in my 440i GC. Exactly the same experience as yours.
Currently own an n55, and recently test drove a couple B58s...had I not decided to go the M2 route, I would have jumped on the 440.

That said, I think you'd be happy with either. While I have way more time spent with the n55, I think they're both great engines...in my opinion of course
__________________
2015 335i xDrive 6MT - Melbourne Red - M Sport - DHP - Cold Weather Pkg - Light Package - and a buncha other stuff I dont use
2018 M2 6MT - Black Sapphire Metallic - Executive Pkg
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 08:56 PM   #8
syd34
New Member
Canada
9
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 2019 440i GC
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogogogogo66 View Post
It's time for a new car, just sold my 2010 335i coupe and I've decided I'm in the market for either the 435 or 440 GC. I need some help in making a decision!
If you are in a position to get the 440i GC, I would totally recommend it. I got the 440i GC about 8 months ago and am absolutely loving it.

The instant torque and the way it keeps pulling is like none other. Being my first BMW, I don't have much personal experience with these cars as most other members here, but the B58 is just a dream.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 09:14 AM   #9
Z06Driver
Private First Class
23
Rep
181
Posts

Drives: AW E92, MG F32 440i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Get the 440. The B58 is bliss and very receptive to mods for easy power.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 12:28 PM   #10
340iZF8Problem
New Member
12
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: E87 130, F30 340i
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Groningen, Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

B58 is newer, stronger and more reliable (until now), but N55 sounds a bit better. There are several threads/topics about this particular question.

I like the upgraded (LCI) taillights much more if the 440i.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 02:46 PM   #11
VictorF32
VictorNM
United_States
5
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: BMW 2016 435i Msport
Join Date: May 2020
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (0)

Please I urge you to hang in there for a little longer and pickup an M4. I Currently own a heavily modified pure stage 2 435i and between the modifications you will plan to do on any 440i or 435i you will EASILY exceed the price of a stock m4. And even if you get a stock m4, a simple charge pipe and crank hub upgrade your pushing 500hp, which has costed me on a 435i near 3-5k$ between mods/preventative maintenance and labor. I know I could have done things differently and got an M4, there are steals all across the country if you are willing to fly out and drive it home. 35-38k$ out the door(I have reached out to many dealerships) you can pickup a 2015-2016 <45k mileage M4 which is what I was very interested in a couple months ago. M cars are the route to go I would highly advocate for saving or looking around for a bit for the perfect M4. Have owned 3 BMW's at 19 yrs old self made and if I could go back I would have sat on my f30 328i and saved so I could jump straight to an M4. Do some intensive research, you will be surprised what is out there.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 07:31 PM   #12
duke91
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Join Date: May 2020
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

I'm making the same decision right now and I'm prob going to go with the B58. I was considering the 435, 440, and M4. The 440 sounds better than the 435, and the M4 wasn't as comfortable
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 09:51 AM   #13
kern417
Cheapskate
United_States
2827
Rep
3,979
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i / 2010 X5
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorF32 View Post
Please I urge you to hang in there for a little longer and pickup an M4. I Currently own a heavily modified pure stage 2 435i and between the modifications you will plan to do on any 440i or 435i you will EASILY exceed the price of a stock m4. And even if you get a stock m4, a simple charge pipe and crank hub upgrade your pushing 500hp, which has costed me on a 435i near 3-5k$ between mods/preventative maintenance and labor. I know I could have done things differently and got an M4, there are steals all across the country if you are willing to fly out and drive it home. 35-38k$ out the door(I have reached out to many dealerships) you can pickup a 2015-2016 <45k mileage M4 which is what I was very interested in a couple months ago. M cars are the route to go I would highly advocate for saving or looking around for a bit for the perfect M4. Have owned 3 BMW's at 19 yrs old self made and if I could go back I would have sat on my f30 328i and saved so I could jump straight to an M4. Do some intensive research, you will be surprised what is out there.
The crank hub alone will cost you $3k-$5k lol. Not worth it.

Downpipe, turbo, and fuel pump on a 440i can get you around 600whp. No intake, charge pipe, intercooler, etc. needed. Now that's a bargain.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by umizoomi View Post
As long as 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Instagram @kern417
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST