F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Waterless wash for shirts! Don't buy Day2
GetBMWParts

02-10-2019, 04:15 AM   #1
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Waterless wash for shirts! Don't buy Day2

Being quite busy I rarely have time to wash and iron.
I usually opt for my local dry cleaner.
After a bad experience with Laundrapp, £500 of missing Hugo Boss shirts... I thought I would try Day2.

https://day2.com/

It's a spray that promises to remove light creases from clothes. It doesn't.

What it does do is leave stains you will have to spend an hour or more on removing.

The stains look permanent but keep at it. After a second attempt using the below method things have improved a lot:

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 05:39 AM   #2
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

£500 of missing Hugo Boss shirts???

I don't think my entire wardrobe is worth that much!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 09:05 AM   #3
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Not sure I like the sound of that.

Much prefer a clean/fresh shirt. Mandatory for business - I wouldn't want to risk any dirt or grease marks around collar or cuffs, etc. By the time you've faffed around with sprays every other day you can wash, dry, iron them.

I always have a two week supply of shirts and do a 'shirt wash' cycle every fortnight
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13342.00
      02-10-2019, 10:45 AM   #4
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

It's more for say you're on a business trip. Take out your suit from it's bag and the shirt has a few creases. Or you're on holiday and unpack your luggage to find creased garments. I don't think it can replace a proper wash.

Same but a 3 week supply. When I don't have time to do a shirt wash they go to the laundrette. I used to have a 2 week supply but it was getting a bit stressful. I like my white shirts as well. Hugo Boss do some really nice whites.

Crease wise. I think the Marie Kondo system is working well for us. We have maintained it for over a year now. Many items like t-shirts rarely require an iron.

The Miele dryer we ordered has been with us a few days and clothes come out crease free. It's magical but nothing seems to require an iron bar the trousers as I like my sharp creases.

Miele. Note to self.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 10:01 AM   #5
willjames
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 3.0d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
Not sure I like the sound of that.

Much prefer a clean/fresh shirt. Mandatory for business - I wouldn't want to risk any dirt or grease marks around collar or cuffs, etc. By the time you've faffed around with sprays every other day you can wash, dry, iron them.

I always have a two week supply of shirts and do a 'shirt wash' cycle every fortnight
I get the wife to do mine she also gets up every morning at six to iron them, but she's up for work anyway so why not...#she's a keeper. Although I had to iron my own this morning because I was up earlier. So seeing as it's nearly Valentines Day, I thought I'd let her have a day off
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 10:22 AM   #6
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea_Tractor View Post
It's more for say you're on a business trip. Take out your suit from it's bag and the shirt has a few creases. Or you're on holiday and unpack your luggage to find creased garments. I don't think it can replace a proper wash.

Same but a 3 week supply. When I don't have time to do a shirt wash they go to the laundrette. I used to have a 2 week supply but it was getting a bit stressful. I like my white shirts as well. Hugo Boss do some really nice whites.

Crease wise. I think the Marie Kondo system is working well for us. We have maintained it for over a year now. Many items like t-shirts rarely require an iron.

The Mele dryer we ordered has been with us a few days and clothes come out crease free. It's magical but nothing seems to require an iron bar the trousers as I like my sharp creases.
It's Miele. If you're going to name drop all over, at least get the brands right
Previous.MINI JCW. E92 325i. 435d M235i.M135i. 635d Coupe, E92 M3 manual, E92 M3 DCT Competition Pack. E92 335i, Porsche Cayman S Gen2, 135i Coupe. E92 320d, MK5 R32. MK5 Golf GTi,MK5 Golf GT-TDI,E46 318Ci.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 05:01 PM   #7
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
Quote:

The Mele dryer we ordered has been with us a few days and clothes come out crease free. It's magical but nothing seems to require an iron bar the trousers as I like my sharp creases.
It's Miele. If you're going to name drop all over, at least get the brands right
Could have been worse, imagine if it was Smeg.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2019, 01:37 AM   #8
EvilDrPorkChop
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayman

Quote:

The Miele dryer we ordered has been with us a few days and clothes come out crease free. It's magical but nothing seems to require an iron bar the trousers as I like my sharp creases.

Miele. Note to self.
Told you, it's like magic. We hardly iron anything anymore
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13342.00
      02-13-2019, 05:05 AM   #9
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

I pay the lady at the ironing shop - which is right next to the station.

I have a 4 week supply though mainly as when I was short, hadn't dropped at the ironing lady in time and couldnt be arsed to do them myself I bought some more...

A selection of white and patterned / coloured - white with tie and suit, others when in business casual (ie no suit jacket, no tie) which is most days...
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13342.00
      02-13-2019, 07:45 AM   #10
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Nothing gets ironed in our house, my clothes, wifes, or kids. I challenge anyone to notice the difference.

Work shirts come straight out the washing machine and onto hangers to dry, an hour later, dry and straight into the wardrobe. Any slight creases you can see when getting ready disappear within 15 mins of putting them on.

When I lived on my own I might occasionally iron a going out shirt. Glad I don't now. On two occasions I went into the spare bedroom to find I'd left the iron on. First time it was on for about a fortnight, the second about a week!
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13342.00
      02-13-2019, 07:48 AM   #11
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

To be honest, any shirt within 30 mins of being worn will get creases so the above is good advice.
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13342.00
      02-13-2019, 10:16 AM   #12
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Nothing gets ironed in our house, my clothes, wifes, or kids. I challenge anyone to notice the difference.

Work shirts come straight out the washing machine and onto hangers to dry, an hour later, dry and straight into the wardrobe. Any slight creases you can see when getting ready disappear within 15 mins of putting them on.

When I lived on my own I might occasionally iron a going out shirt. Glad I don't now. On two occasions I went into the spare bedroom to find I'd left the iron on. First time it was on for about a fortnight, the second about a week!
Scruffy b*stard. Turn up at my place with a sales pitch in an unironed shirt and you would have no chance.... You will be telling me next you dont polish your shoes every day???

I assume that is how sales works, its what a former sales director reckoned when I was binning off his expenses for claiming ironing and shoe cleaning on an away trip!!
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13342.00
      02-13-2019, 03:27 PM   #13
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post
£500 of missing Hugo Boss shirts???

I don't think my entire wardrobe is worth that much!
Wow, where do you buy your clothes, George?
Appreciate 1
sahajesh2294.00
      02-13-2019, 03:50 PM   #14
EvilDrPorkChop
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Wow, where do you buy your clothes, George?
Most of mine are from Primark
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 04:03 PM   #15
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDrPorkChop View Post
Crikey, I’ve heard about that place!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 04:05 PM   #16
EvilDrPorkChop
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Crikey, I’ve heard about that place!
Can't fault the jeans, and at £10 a pair you can have as many as you like then bin them when they're knackered
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 04:12 PM   #17
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Can't fault the jeans, and at £10 a pair you can have as many as you like then bin them when they're knackered
Actually jeans are one thing I do buy cheap, Asos stretch fit jeans, not quite £10 though!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 04:33 PM   #18
EvilDrPorkChop
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Actually jeans are one thing I do buy cheap, Asos stretch fit jeans, not quite £10 though!
You want to get down to Primark then, their stretch slim fit range is spot on!
Appreciate 0