F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > *** bootmod3 *** New Dashboard features
ARMA SPEED

01-23-2019, 12:09 PM   #1
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

*** bootmod3 *** New Dashboard features

Hey guys, wanted to demo the new bootmod3 dashboard and gauge features to you that over time we have collected and now incorporated.

Here are the new features included with the latest 0.10.047 update:

- peak recall for min and max values
- re-arrangement of gauge using simple drag and drop
- close gauges by tapping on them and hitting the x in the top right corner
- orientation detection and handling so gauges render appropriately on mobile devices as device changes orientation from portrait to landscape and back
- ability to set alarms - min and max threshold values, if breached for a given channel with place a red border around that channel for a period of 5 secs currently. We can expand on this further if needed. Suggestions welcome as always
- configure precision(decimals) if defaults aren’t satisfactory for any reason (we have defaults set up for what we feel is pretty decent, e.g. engine speed won’t show with decimal places 🙂
- show a pointer on the gauge or turn it off
- change colours for pointer, gauge sweep and dial
- configure custom min and max values for each gauge
- configure gauge refresh speed. Default is realtime (fastest updating no delay) but you can now also slow down updates to each gauge as needed to 1, 5 or 10 Hz (1, 5 or 10 updates per second)
- set each gauge to imperial or metric units and in case of pressure channels to absolute or relative, overriding the global defaults if you like. Say boost you like in psi but temp you prefer Celsius for some reason, now you can
- speed, gauges in realtime even faster responding
- small mobile device screen support (i.e. iPhone 5)
- using a fixed width font for gauge values

There is more coming and as always we’re looking to you guys for suggestions so we can build this out even further where needed. Let us know your thoughts💪💪

Web version and the new OBD Agent are released. Android and iOS apps are in app review and should hopefully be available soon for download/update.

NOTE: Excuse the low res on the video. It was an upload to Facebook which decided to shrink the resolution of it for some reason

Appreciate 1
Diegov209164.50
      01-27-2019, 07:49 AM   #2
spirit3d88
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 428i GC

Hello !, I love the improvements and updates that you have, it is a sign that you improve every day to everything.

An improvement that I wrote to you in a support ticket was, those with N13, N20, N26, N55 engines etc. that are not M models, in the "Custom" burners configuration tab, there are two time adjustment modes and duration;
Sport and Sport +, people get messed up with it since;
Sport = Comfort and in some ECO PRO vehicles
Sport + = Sport, Sport + and DSC OFF

It would be a good option to rectify that name to remove doubts of that type in models that are not M, since the M if they have Efficient, Sport and Sport + mode and if it makes sense in them.

A greeting! It is a joy to see how you work every day and improve everything.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2019, 09:30 AM   #3
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit3d88 View Post
Hello !, I love the improvements and updates that you have, it is a sign that you improve every day to everything.

An improvement that I wrote to you in a support ticket was, those with N13, N20, N26, N55 engines etc. that are not M models, in the "Custom" burners configuration tab, there are two time adjustment modes and duration;
Sport and Sport +, people get messed up with it since;
Sport = Comfort and in some ECO PRO vehicles
Sport + = Sport, Sport + and DSC OFF

It would be a good option to rectify that name to remove doubts of that type in models that are not M, since the M if they have Efficient, Sport and Sport + mode and if it makes sense in them.

A greeting! It is a joy to see how you work every day and improve everything.
I tend to agree with this. Would be nice if the modes in the configuration screen corresponded to the modes in our cars.
      01-27-2019, 11:15 PM   #4
Noelified
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36

Garage List
Awesome changes guys!!! Thanks so much for always improving our experience. I use mine via OBD agent daily just to watch the vitals I want. I designed and 3D printed a cup holder charger for my crApple iPhone. I'm still configuring my gauges look so no pic of it running through OBD agent yet.

FYI for those really wanting to customize the look and colors. This site gives you the Color Hex Codes as you drag around the color bar. Click on the drop down color box next to the code field. Copy the #code it displays after you create the color you want.
https://www.color-hex.com/

BMW Hex Colors reference:
M Light Blue #81C4FF
M Dark Blue #16588E
M Red #E7222E

M-Sport Light Blue #4599FE
M-Sport Dark Blue #031E49
M-Sport Red #EE0405

BMW Logo Blue #009ADA
Havent confirmed but Dash orange could be #e25822 or #a24801 or #e62b1e ?

Name:  cupholder.jpg
Views: 1491
Size:  54.7 KB
Name:  cupholder2.jpg
Views: 1497
Size:  59.5 KB
Name:  cupholder3.jpg
Views: 1481
Size:  95.1 KB
Name:  cupholder4.jpg
Views: 1503
Size:  105.9 KB
Name:  cupholder5.jpg
Views: 1525
Size:  84.2 KB

Thanks for the awesome updates PTF!!!!
║ VRSF HD FMIC ║ ER DP custom paint ║ AWE cat back Exhaust Suite ║ NGK Plugs ║Bootmod3 Stage 1 93 ║ GFB DV+ ║ BMS 10mm Front ⁞ 12mm Rear Spacers ║ P Style BSM Rear Spoiler ║ Smoked Front Reflectors ║ Madico Onyx 20 Tint ║ LCI Lighted Trim Bezel ║ Opti-Coat Pro+ ║

Last edited by Noelified; 01-27-2019 at 11:48 PM..
Appreciate 2
rjd_F301998.00
      01-28-2019, 05:06 PM   #5
BettyFkinCrocker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 550i RWD

A suggestion regarding the alarm, would it be possible to have an audible alert when threshold is met? I tend to monitor knock but the with spontaneous nature of knock events, it's difficult to catch it while driving (when not actually logging). An audible que might be useful for other monitors as well (overboosting etc).
1/4: 10.90@128
60-130: 7.43
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 07:22 PM   #6
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyFkinCrocker View Post
A suggestion regarding the alarm, would it be possible to have an audible alert when threshold is met? I tend to monitor knock but the with spontaneous nature of knock events, it's difficult to catch it while driving (when not actually logging). An audible que might be useful for other monitors as well (overboosting etc).
This is a great idea, but I suspect it'd be difficult to implement through their current software. Maybe it could work for when you're logging, but if that's the case, you'll see it in the log anyway. As far as the dashboard goes, its just showing numbers, I don't think it internalizes or interprets the numbers at all in dashboard mode.
      02-07-2019, 10:52 PM   #7
edm0nd
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelified View Post
Awesome changes guys!!! Thanks so much for always improving our experience. I use mine via OBD agent daily just to watch the vitals I want. I designed and 3D printed a cup holder charger for my crApple iPhone. I'm still configuring my gauges look so no pic of it running through OBD agent yet.
Can you throw the 3D file on Thingiverse or upload it here? I would like to modify it to hold a Pixel 3 XL.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 12:57 AM   #8
Noelified
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by edm0nd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelified View Post
Can you throw the 3D file on Thingiverse or upload it here? I would like to modify it to hold a Pixel 3 XL.

Thanks!
Sure. I'll try tomorrow. Never uploaded anything up there. I'll do it in pieces because your phone case makes a difference. If you want and give me dims of your case I can alter than upload.
║ VRSF HD FMIC ║ ER DP custom paint ║ AWE cat back Exhaust Suite ║ NGK Plugs ║Bootmod3 Stage 1 93 ║ GFB DV+ ║ BMS 10mm Front ⁞ 12mm Rear Spacers ║ P Style BSM Rear Spoiler ║ Smoked Front Reflectors ║ Madico Onyx 20 Tint ║ LCI Lighted Trim Bezel ║ Opti-Coat Pro+ ║
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 03:35 PM   #9
Noelified
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by edm0nd View Post

Thanks!
edm0nd Hope this helps, it was done in Tinkercad so this is multiple pieces some being "holes" You will need to adjust the bracket and create the cavity for your particular phone and case. I angled the phone and bracket back 19° different phones will limit this angle before interfering with the radio console.

F-Series cup pocket
iPhone 7 bracket with button hole
Lightning cable push through hole
Complete iPhone 7 cup holder with Spigen Slim Armor wallet case
Appreciate 0