F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Hit a motorcyclist but he drove off?
proTUNING Freaks

12-01-2021, 04:14 AM   #23
BIFCAIDS
Bird Flu and Cat Aids combined
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 340i M-Sport+ MPPSK E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurKing View Post
I have reported to the Police as legally I am required to.

I won't be reporting to my insurance company.

You could see from a distance they were driving like morons, all turning round to have a chat whilst approaching the roundabout, I only moved out to avoid them...although that didn't go to plan!

I could have held back and that was my initial plan but as they were all driving slowly and all over the place, I figured I could be stuck behind them for ages and eventually would have needed to overtake anyway.
You've done the right thing reporting them, not that the police can or will do anything about it. It just isn't worth the hassle ringing the insurance. You know now for future ref to stick behind them.
      12-01-2021, 05:28 AM   #24
adam.b
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIFCAIDS View Post
You've done the right thing reporting them, not that the police can or will do anything about it. It just isn't worth the hassle ringing the insurance. You know now for future ref to stick behind them.
Spot on.
Appreciate 1
BIFCAIDS857.00
      12-01-2021, 05:32 AM   #25
winther1
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i Gran Coupe with MPPSK

Shouldn't you have used the left lane when leaving 2nd exit?

12-01-2021, 06:27 AM   #26
Pentland
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by winther1 View Post
Shouldn't you have used the left lane when leaving 2nd exit?

Not necessarily.

Read the text below the image:

“When taking any intermediate exit, unless signs or markings indicate otherwise
select the appropriate lane on approach to and on the roundabout
you should not normally need to signal on approach
stay in this lane until you need to alter course to exit the roundabout
signal left after you have passed the exit before the one you want.“
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 10:15 AM   #27
sensible
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 420i M-Sport Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by APJ View Post
Personally i wouldn't report this to my insurance company either, as Bifcaids says there will only be one loser, you !, even if you report a non fault accident, your premium is still likely to go up, simply because you have reported an accident. It's just a case of get it repaired and move on.
And a message to all of us, if you see a bunch of motorcyclists and more so if you are lucky to spot they have no rear number plates, hold back, we can all learn a valuable lesson.
I agree, once reported to your insurance it will be on next year's renewal as a no fault collision and the premium will go up. I questioned this once when it happened to my daughters car we when it was hit whilst stationary and the others insurance paid for everything. Her insurance company said that statistics show that if you have a no fault collision you are more likely to have another one, so are more of a risk, hence the rise in insurance cost.
Appreciate 1
APJ245.00
      12-01-2021, 10:54 AM   #28
APJ
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 435d M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensible View Post
I agree, once reported to your insurance it will be on next year's renewal as a no fault collision and the premium will go up. I questioned this once when it happened to my daughters car we when it was hit whilst stationary and the others insurance paid for everything. Her insurance company said that statistics show that if you have a no fault collision you are more likely to have another one, so are more of a risk, hence the rise in insurance cost.
What a pile of baloney that is, it's always, just any excuse to put up your premium.
Appreciate 2
BIFCAIDS857.00
adam.b189.00
      12-02-2021, 03:42 AM   #29
BIFCAIDS
Bird Flu and Cat Aids combined
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 340i M-Sport+ MPPSK E92 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by APJ View Post
Personally i wouldn't report this to my insurance company either, as Bifcaids says there will only be one loser, you !, even if you report a non fault accident, your premium is still likely to go up, simply because you have reported an accident. It's just a case of get it repaired and move on.
And a message to all of us, if you see a bunch of motorcyclists and more so if you are lucky to spot they have no rear number plates, hold back, we can all learn a valuable lesson.
I love this logic by the insurers. So, in that case, if I win the lottery on one ticket, I am more likely to win it again on another ticket? Get the fuck out of here!
adam.b189.00
      12-02-2021, 07:19 AM   #30
adam.b
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier

Do go about roundabouts when 2 lanes go straight, as main road. My insurance tried to do me 50/50 fault but it took me a year to get sorted. Even here on forum was told by most people that it was my fault.
Most people do not look on road marking and vertical signs before junctions/roundabouts then you have problems. Best example is Milton Keynes, town of roundabouts.

Quote:
Had similar situation, someone hit my car in car park (I was in shop at time) but left note and all was sorted by his insurance company, i have informed my insurance what happened (non fault incident) then within few months i was hit by another driver, not my fault. My premium went about £300 up and when I asked why, because I my have more accidents as i had 2 in last year. It did not make any difference that in one of them I was not in the car.
Insurance company always will rip you off.

Last edited by adam.b; 12-02-2021 at 07:33 AM..
Appreciate 1
BIFCAIDS857.00