F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
Extreme Powerhouse

09-24-2021, 09:41 AM   #8779
Andry
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S

Bought Carlinkit EVO ID6 in December 2020 with 9.2.13.yl.e
Got today after several requests update for it.
Got 9.5.4yl.e and 9.5.10.yl.e
Not already flashed but soon want to test them..leave the link.
No changelog here sorry

http://mail.qq.com/cgi-bin/ftnExs_do...1-36d1db0d2cb8

http://mail.qq.com/cgi-bin/ftnExs_do...c-33ced28d05e5

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5l2fe6

https://www.sendspace.com/file/9787qz

Last edited by Andry; 09-24-2021 at 10:38 AM..
Appreciate 2
      09-24-2021, 09:58 AM   #8780
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrcrash View Post
I'm not being sarcastic, however are you sure that you have a factory Harmon Kardon sound system?

If the answer is yes, proceed to next steps..Even if you don't, the factory professional system sounds better than the android based one with phone calls AND music.

step 1 Is the cars MMI device set to use the cars bluetooth?

step 2 Is car "idrive" set to stream both phone AND music?

Make sure the MMI device is connected first, wifi AND bluetooth...then do the idrive system...

If you can stream music from your phone via Bluetooth, then after you change a few settings, Harmon Kardon sound will stream as well.

In my case - I have Harman/Kardon but nbt bluetooth module supports only phone calls without any audio transmission. )
what year is your car
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 10:37 PM   #8781
JLBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 428ix GC

I may be upgrading my phone to Samsung Z Flip 3. Is there any way to screen mirror wirelessly? I'm not a fan of AA. I currently am screen mirroring via USB and the AutoLink application with my Galaxy S7.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 10:19 AM   #8782
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Does anyone using Android Auto with one of these mmi's see Game Snacks in their apps screen?

I'm not seeing it.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 10:20 AM   #8783
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLBMW View Post
I may be upgrading my phone to Samsung Z Flip 3. Is there any way to screen mirror wirelessly? I'm not a fan of AA. I currently am screen mirroring via USB and the AutoLink application with my Galaxy S7.
Question, why use screen mirror? I had an older S9 Samsung, and Android auto worked natively. It was via USB however it was native. I would probably suspect that it would also work natively on an even newer Samsung device, probably wirelessly at that...My S21 works wirelessly, only got that a couple of months ago...
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 10:27 AM   #8784
JLBMW
Private
Rep

Quote:
Question, why use screen mirror? I had an older S9 Samsung, and Android auto worked natively. It was via USB however it was native. I would probably suspect that it would also work natively on an even newer Samsung device, probably wirelessly at that...My S21 works wirelessly, only got that a couple of months ago...

AA doesn't support or run all Android apps....by design.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 11:50 AM   #8785
RAAF12
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 320i

Quote:
Screen mirroring works ok on my old Oneplus 6, but screen quality is better in Android Auto. What's your reason not using Android Auto? That's the way (or Apple) using this kind of MMI boxes.

I'm using native BMW navigation but that's is not very realible in cities, it don't has updates for closed road or new one way streets. I give it a change but makes errors all the time and I'm using the latest map.

So second nav in Android Auto is Google maps, Flitsmeister or Tomtom Amigo. I'm using a free offline Music app called Musicolet. And off course wireless Android Auto. Only on long trips I plug in a cable for fast charging the battery.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 08:54 PM   #8786
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

AA doesn't support or run all Android apps....by design.
You're correct, earlier versions didn't support many apps, most of them. in fact...But you are supposed to be driving, really you shouldn't be doing much else while you're doing this anyway.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 12:03 AM   #8787
yulian
Private
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 3.0d 2014

Quote:
what year is your car
Early 2014 (was ordered fall 2013).
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 02:33 AM   #8788
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulian View Post
Quote:
what year is your car
Early 2014 (was ordered fall 2013).
You know you can code bluetooth streaming to your vehicle, don't you. I had an older E60 series, from 2006, and a friend managed to code that for me. Pretty sure a newer vehicle should have the capability. There was a coding Wiki...going around on this forum before in the coding section, you should check it out...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 07:45 AM   #8789
Mr.Crank
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Hello
Can anyone help me?
I have RoadTop CIC
SDK: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
CUST: CHLR157
MCU: 20.12.1.16
HW: BMW_CICHL
I want to try custom firmware - Universal [CIC] [ISPBOOOT.BIN] v2.0.B1.mod. Is it work for me?
I'm afraid to brick my box

Or maybe anyone knows how to change Mercedes car to BMW while parking?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 09:09 AM   #8790
scoobdawg
Private
Rep
Drives: f10

Bluetooth Resets/Disconnects

My CIC unit tends to lose connectivity every few weeks to my Iphone, I need to perform a bluetooth reset and reconfigure it - Is this fixed in any of the more recent software updates? Everything else works fine..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 11:47 AM   #8791
cjattard
Rep
Drives: i8

Hello everyone.

I've been going up and down 400 pages, and i am getting a little stuck. i'm running the customised v2.0.B0.mod and v2.0.M0.mod firmware on my Andream A-version hardware and i am keen to update the software to fix the phone echo issue.

I am seeing a few different contradictory messages on how to do this, with some bricked devices of people that have done this wrong.

A. Do i upgrade the latest Bimmertech Software and MCU on my Andream MMI with modified software? (i think i read somewhere about the modified software changing the hardware device id)?
B. or should i be installing the Andream MMI software and MCU?
C. or should i be just updating only the Software OR the MCU - keeping one half modified and the other OEM (and if so which )?

Thanks, it could also be handy to get this updated on the first page once we have a consensus on the best upgrade path for us tinkerers with the MOD firmware.

Thanks

Last edited by cjattard; 09-27-2021 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 1
x-m4n148.00
      09-27-2021, 01:30 PM   #8792
evisule
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1-Series 116i F20

Hey guys,

First post here, I've got a bit of a major with my MMI Box, I've just upgraded to the iPhone 13 Pro (I understand it has only been out for less than a week). Booted up my carplay this morning, everything loaded fine after reconnecting with a new device etc. Everything works as it should apart from the one thing I primarily use my carplay for, Spotify and Apple Music. When opening either of these apps and trying to play music the box disconnects and reconnects without playing anything, it does this every single time. I know there is audio coming from it as Siri works etc, it's extremely frustrating.

I've contacted the company that fitted the box for me and they've provided me with the latest update but I'm still having the problem, can anyone help?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 02:17 PM   #8793
JLBMW
Private
Rep

Quote:
You're correct, earlier versions didn't support many apps, most of them. in fact...But you are supposed to be driving, really you shouldn't be doing much else while you're doing this anyway.

FWIW, installed S2A which works surprisingly well - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/s...vices.4062787/.

Last edited by JLBMW; 09-28-2021 at 01:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 02:23 PM   #8794
JLBMW
Private
Rep

While parked (waiting for my wife), I like to watch SlingTV, News, etc. using Screen Mirroring (USB w/Autolink) some videos (and apps) will only display overlay controls (FF, Play, Rew) and NOT the video stream...even though the video is streaming on my phone, at the same time, without issue, audio will continue to play. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. Anyone else have these issues? Is it a resolution problem? FWIW, I just upgraded the Firmware to the newest 3.5.09.gpe.b.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 12:05 PM   #8795
ViperBoy2
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M

I have the same Andream A + custom firmware and use bluetooth for phone audio to completely eliminate any echo. Upside is that when the box crashes (as it often does), your phone call stays connected and you can keep talking during the reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjattard View Post
Hello everyone.

I've been going up and down 400 pages, and i am getting a little stuck. i'm running the customised v2.0.B0.mod and v2.0.M0.mod firmware on my Andream A-version hardware and i am keen to update the software to fix the phone echo issue.

I am seeing a few different contradictory messages on how to do this, with some bricked devices of people that have done this wrong.

A. Do i upgrade the latest Bimmertech Software and MCU on my Andream MMI with modified software? (i think i read somewhere about the modified software changing the hardware device id)?
C. or should i be just updating only the Software OR the MCU - keeping one half modified and the other OEM (and if so which )?

Thanks, it could also be handy to get this updated on the first page once we have a consensus on the best upgrade path for us tinkerers with the MOD firmware.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 01:20 PM   #8796
eltech
Private
Russia
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crank View Post
Hello
Can anyone help me?
I have RoadTop CIC
SDK: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
CUST: CHLR157
MCU: 20.12.1.16
HW: BMW_CICHL
I want to try custom firmware - Universal [CIC] [ISPBOOOT.BIN] v2.0.B1.mod. Is it work for me?
I'm afraid to brick my box

Or maybe anyone knows how to change Mercedes car to BMW while parking?
А зачем ты хочешь на более старое поменять ? Это первое. И второе у тебя камера установлена ретрофитовская? Если нет , то просто переключи в настройках на оригинальную камеру или вовсе поставь , что ее нет. И будет при включении задней передачи включаться родной экран.
Sorry, russian language, if need in english, that it possible
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 02:35 PM   #8797
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Turismo (F34)

Quote:
Hello everyone.

Thanks
I think (wait for a second opinion) you would need to install Andream latests MCU and firmware.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 06:37 PM   #8798
aliasgaruk
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Hi all,

In order to switch back to the Idrive menu I have to hold the back button. Holding down the menu button restarts the mmi box. Is this the same for anyone else??

Can anyone please confirm which version of the andream box I have so that I can install the updates?

Sdk version: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
CUST version : E_V1.5.9
MCU version:21.4.25.113
HW version: BMW_EVO_G

Many thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 09:16 PM   #8799
sbrook02
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 (F15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasgaruk View Post
Hi all,

In order to switch back to the Idrive menu I have to hold the back button. Holding down the menu button restarts the mmi box. Is this the same for anyone else??

Can anyone please confirm which version of the andream box I have so that I can install the updates?

Sdk version: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
CUST version : E_V1.5.9
MCU version:21.4.25.113
HW version: BMW_EVO_G

Many thanks in advance.
In later versions of the firmware, the functions of [MENU] and [BACK] are reversed. But you can revert back to earlier assignments in settings.

You seem to have the latest firmware for your hardware.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 10:32 PM   #8800
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Hello everyone.

Thanks
You should update the firmware, i.e. latest Andream version for your unit, first. Then you can update the corresponding mcu. But if everything works as intended before updating the mcu then you want to consider not updating the mcu.
Appreciate 0