F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > How to replace rubber fitting?
Extreme Powerhouse

03-31-2020, 09:51 AM   #1
Oortam
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i Gran Coupe

How to replace rubber fitting?

When fitting a rear dash cam in my F36 I popped off the concertina rubber fitting that covers the cable loom from the body to the hatch. The camera was fitted and is working well, however I cannot get the rubber fitting back on to the body side. The side that fits to the hatch went back on OK but the body side is a different story. There is a one piece plastic part that fits in the body, which must have been fitted before the loom was fitted. The rubber concertina part has to fit to this. The plastic part is not a tight fit to the body and it looks like the rubber fitting then makes this part fit tight when it is correctly in place. I thought I maybe had to pop out the plastic part, fit it to the rubber concertina fitting and then refit the plastic part to the body but it isn't obvious how to pop it out. I don't want to break it as to fit a replacement part would be difficult. I've attached a couple of photos to show the parts I'm asking about. I remember on an old thread somebody had said they'd done this. Any help on how I get this back together would be appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 09:57 AM   #2
un1eash
Captain
Rep
Drives: M235i

Your correct in that the plastic bit needs popping out, attach the rubber then clip it back in.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 10:43 AM   #3
Oortam
Rep

Thanks for that. Any idea on the best way to pop it out, I don't want to break it if I just use force.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 12:08 PM   #4
Oortam
Rep

I got it out. There is a pressure clip at the right hand side of the plastic part in the photo. I pulled the part out as much as I could and I could just see the end of the pressure clip. I pushed firmly on it with a screw driver and steadily pulled and it popped out. Fitted the rubber tube over it and pushed it back into place.
Appreciate 0