F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > USB/Bluetooth stopped working
Studio RSR

08-09-2022, 06:51 PM   #45
fjk80
Rep
Drives: 2016 Bmw x435i

Looks like no one checks this thread but I’m just posting an update in case it helps others with same issue. So finally the dealer says the problem is the head unit. It forgets it has Bluetooth and navigation and do not recognize them. They say it has to be replaced and it will cost $5328! I don’t think if it worth it. I’ll have to think about it. Does anyone know if it is possible to replace the head unit with a used one from ebay?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 01:22 PM   #46
DiscoBear
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31 330d 2013

It should work, you just need to code the new used unit to the car.
I just got my f31 a couple weeks ago and today for the first time bt audio stopped working.. First i head a couple clicks inside the dashboard area but it didn’t affect the music at all.
But after around 20 minutes or so, my phone is still connected via bt but it won’t let me select it from the connections list ��
I don’t yet know does bt calls work but still navigation and reverse camera etc seems to work just fine.

So yeah, it’s the next day and navigation won’t work either. Bt calls work but bt audio still says not connected. There also was a error message from headunit HDD so basically it’s fried..

Last edited by DiscoBear; 08-24-2022 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2022, 09:15 AM   #47
Captain_MoDala
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D 2015

This worked for me.

Oki same thing happened to me. So these are the steps that I did to fix it. 1st I'll explain what caused it and then how I fixed it. Hopefully it will work for others also.

I wanted to update the Idrive so got onto the website downloaded the latest software and updated it, then connected a phone and an OBD adapter to code in the Bluetooth audio settings as I wanted to listen to music via Bluetooth. After coding I go into the Bluetooth interface and it "keeps loading with please wait" making me wait forever. I had this trouble for a week. As it was eating me I did some trail and error and came to a fix.

So basically you'll need Bimmercode plus an adapter OBD which in my case I used the CX Link made for bimmercode.

All you have to do it get onto the app bimmercode and head into the Headunit - go into expert mode - it has a refresh type of symbol which will allow you to revert all settings and go back to the default Idrive settings. Don't worry it will only reverse the Bluetooth settings and won't mess anything else up.

Once you revert the Headunit interface then click code and you'll be all good back to it working 100%.

You can also get it done by a friend who might have an OBD that can code or you can ask your mechanic if he can revert your headunit settings.

Let me know if it worked for anyone. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2023, 04:54 AM   #48
JDMils
Rep
Drives: 2014 640i Coupe F13

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerguenther View Post
So I found a solution that worked for me 100%. Been struggling with it for years and finally it works every single time as it should. It was working fine on my Samsung S7, but when I got a Pixel 4a 5G it would sometimes connect, but if it did, it lasted for about 2 songs before it totally glitched and sometimes even rebooted the iDrive. Made an account just so I could share this as it was driving me crazy and I have to have things perfect...

It would appear that BMW uses some registers in the bluetooth code that were previously unused by the bluetooth AVRCP version that was out when the BMWs were made. As more recent versions of the AVRCP were released, it clashed with some of the coding in the BMW, toggling all kinds of wrong 0's and 1's, and causing havoc with the bluetooth when doing something as simple as connecting to the car. My solution (will vary by phone, may not be possible with iPhone), is to revert the AVRCP version back to at least 1.3 (they are up to 1.6 now). for Pixel:

-Enable developer mode by tapping the 'About phone' 7 times
-Open 'Developer Options'
-Scroll down to 'Bluetooth AVRCP version' and change to 1.3
I've been struggling with this issue since June 2022 and it's been very frustrating as I'm always in meetings for work. This fix worked for me immediately and I'm now able to make & receive calls and stream music. THANK You!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2023, 08:00 AM   #49
cybergbmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 740Li

BMW 740li 2016 bluetooth not available

bluetooth not available

navigation not available

CD/DVD not available

Please help and give a solution, I tried the software ways but it didn't work

https://i.ibb.co/MfX0dyH/Whats-App-I...1-d288f8d9.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/x6c5DDf/Whats-App-I...1-f6872f0c.jpg
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 03:52 AM   #50
sreekumarp
Registered
Rep
Drives: 340i

@PedroMarques I also have the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Marques View Post
I have the same problem. Does not play DVD, GPS Navigator, USB and Bluetooth. I tried to upgrade but the option is inactive.
@PedroMarques I also have the same problem. How did you solved this problem ?
Appreciate 0