F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > My cf front end
GetBMWParts

01-05-2014, 05:36 PM   #23
Ichiro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4

I'm not usually a fan of exterior CF parts as they tend to clash with the paintwork but on yours it looks subtle and works with MG.

Looking forward to your update once you decide which exhaust to go with, are you going for single or dual (on both sides)?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 05:24 AM   #24
macca1410
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiro
I'm not usually a fan of exterior CF parts as they tend to clash with the paintwork but on yours it looks subtle and works with MG.

Looking forward to your update once you decide which exhaust to go with, are you going for single or dual (on both sides)?
Thanks mate. Gonna go with dual on one side. Dont want anything too loud and obtrusive. Any suggestions apart from M Performance or do you think just get that. Heard Remus aren't that great but think their cf tips look nice.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 04:10 PM   #25
Ichiro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca1410 View Post
Thanks mate. Gonna go with dual on one side. Dont want anything too loud and obtrusive. Any suggestions apart from M Performance or do you think just get that. Heard Remus aren't that great but think their cf tips look nice.
My personal preference would be M Performance. But if I've always been curious about the Eisenmann exhausts (would need to hear one in person though).

From the sound clips I've heard on YouTube, it's similar to M Performance on start-up &idle but a small step up in loudness when you stomp on it. High quality product too.

Pretty sure they have distributors here and a main office in Melb.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 01:10 AM   #26
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Hi guys (and gals), just got a cf Varis replica front lip installed along with M Performance cf mirrror covers on Mineral Grey to go with my cf grill. Have not seen this look yet so thought I would share it.

I am after subtle aggressive so keeping 403's for now and seeing how lip holds up around the crap roads where I live before considering lowering. Would love it a little lower though. Also looking into cf rear diffuser and exhaust soon. Just have not decided on which exhaust to go with.

Love how all our cars are different. Take care all.
Macca,
I'd like to thank you for putting me onto JL Motoring for the Carbon Fibre front lip. I treated my car to this as a Christmas present! JL were very good and had the spoiler delived a couple of days before Christmas and I had it installed just after New Year.
The lip is just what I wanted to to take away that harsh straight edge on the bottom of the existing M-Sport front end. Even my wife likes it (and that's really saying something!!! Hehehe).
Again, many thanks for pointing me in the right direction....
      01-15-2014, 01:33 AM   #27
Kauro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

I've been looking for this for awhile! wasnt sure about the ebay one. I may start saving for this!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 04:15 AM   #28
macca1410
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Macca,
I'd like to thank you for putting me onto JL Motoring for the Carbon Fibre front lip. I treated my car to this as a Christmas present! JL were very good and had the spoiler delived a couple of days before Christmas and I had it installed just after New Year.
The lip is just what I wanted to to take away that harsh straight edge on the bottom of the existing M-Sport front end. Even my wife likes it (and that's really saying something!!! Hehehe).
Again, many thanks for pointing me in the right direction....

Pleasure Steve. Yeah they were quite good with me and it may cost a bit more than other lips but personally if I am going to add something to my car might as well get what I really want. Enjoy mate. Pics please.

All I got for myself for xmas was a cf gear shifter. Waiting on delivery still though.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 04:28 AM   #29
macca1410
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauro View Post
I've been looking for this for awhile! wasnt sure about the ebay one. I may start saving for this!
Hey Kauro, always something to save for with these cars, just love individualising it. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 06:48 PM   #30
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Pleasure Steve. Yeah they were quite good with me and it may cost a bit more than other lips but personally if I am going to add something to my car might as well get what I really want. Enjoy mate. Pics please.

All I got for myself for xmas was a cf gear shifter. Waiting on delivery still though.
Macca,
Photos on the way later today, downloaded them last night, but you'll have to excuse the poor photography skills!
      01-15-2014, 11:24 PM   #31
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Hi Macca,

Here are some photos of my car with the new front lip installed. Apologies for the poor photographic skills.
I'm very happy with the spoiler. Not only does it look good, but the car handles better (flatter) through fast twisty corners (I also have a CF rear spoiler which probably helps as well).

Like you, I opted for stainless steel bolts instead of the screws supplied with the spoiler. The extra effort in installing with bolts far outways my concern that the spoiler would rip out the screws and fall off at speed.
Attached Images

01-16-2014, 05:21 AM   #32
macca1410
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus
Quote:

Hi Macca,

Here are some photos of my car with the new front lip installed. Apologies for the poor photographic skills.
I'm very happy with the spoiler. Not only does it look good, but the car handles better (flatter) through fast twisty corners (I also have a CF rear spoiler which probably helps as well).

Like you, I opted for stainless steel bolts instead of the screws supplied with the spoiler. The extra effort in installing with bolts far outways my concern that the spoiler would rip out the screws and fall off at speed.
Hey Steve thanks for pics she looks great, good work. Like it on silver. Makes the front end much meaner looking and I believe photos don't do it justice either.

I am thinking of rear cf spoiler just haven't made my mind up. Maybe soon.

Agree with peace of mind with bolts....everyday. Last thing I want to do is run over it as it comes off.

Have you seen the cf rear diffusers? Was considering one but just thinking about it at the moment because not sure if it would tie the rear in with the front or be too much.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 05:56 AM   #33
Gsport
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i Sportline

Wow that looks aggressive... nice. Where did you get the mirror covers?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 06:56 AM   #34
knightsabers
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 v10 Spyder

Garage List
These Varis lips looks so sexy

Wanted to go with a Varis lip too but decided to go with the M performance one.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 03:42 PM   #35
macca1410
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsport View Post
Wow that looks aggressive... nice. Where did you get the mirror covers?
Hey Gsport. I ordered them through BMR Autowerkes here in Sydney.

http://bmrautowerkes.com.au/products/bmw-3-series-f30/

They are not on their website but if you give Stu a call he can get them in.

There are lots of cheaper ones out there but I think on this part the OEM looks much better and worth the money.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 09:33 PM   #36
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hey Steve thanks for pics she looks great, good work. Like it on silver. Makes the front end much meaner looking and I believe photos don't do it justice either.

I am thinking of rear cf spoiler just haven't made my mind up. Maybe soon.

Agree with peace of mind with bolts....everyday. Last thing I want to do is run over it as it comes off.

Have you seen the cf rear diffusers? Was considering one but just thinking about it at the moment because not sure if it would tie the rear in with the front or be too much.
Hi Macca,
Yes, I quite like the rear diffuser, but I am in two minds about it. Apart from aesthetics (I do think it looks great), one issue is that I don't know that there would be much benefit from fitting it to a road car......to a track car, yes, but on a road car I think it's over-kill. The front lip and rear spoiler have done the job for me.
The second, and probably most important point, is that my wife would likely go "totally spare" if I did that!!!! She already thinks I spend too much on cars!

The only thing I am thinking of doing to the car now is to upgrade the brakes to drilled and slotted performance brakes (have almost got that one passed "she who must be obeyed" - all it took was several bottles of NZ Sauv Blanc and lots of verbal diahorrea so that I bored her into submission!)
      01-16-2014, 11:15 PM   #37
macca1410
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Hi Macca,
Yes, I quite like the rear diffuser, but I am in two minds about it. Apart from aesthetics (I do think it looks great), one issue is that I don't know that there would be much benefit from fitting it to a road car......to a track car, yes, but on a road car I think it's over-kill. The front lip and rear spoiler have done the job for me.
Tend to agree.

Quote:
The second, and probably most important point, is that my wife would likely go "totally spare" if I did that!!!! She already thinks I spend too much on cars!
I hear ya kidder, in exactly the same boat here. Half the time I do not even tell her and she doesn't notice, she has less interest in cars than anyone I have ever met.

Quote:
The only thing I am thinking of doing to the car now is to upgrade the brakes to drilled and slotted performance brakes (have almost got that one passed "she who must be obeyed" - all it took was several bottles of NZ Sauv Blanc and lots of verbal diahorrea so that I bored her into submission!)
At least you have M Sport brakes. I have stock and would love the BBK but there will need to be lots of brownie points earnt before that happens.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 12:01 AM   #38
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I hear ya kidder, in exactly the same boat here. Half the time I do not even tell her and she doesn't notice, she has less interest in cars than anyone I have ever met.
:
Hmmm....sounds like your wife and my wife are totally interchangeable, better never let them meet or they'll have our purse strings tied up so tightly that we won't be able to buy even petrol!

Quote:
At least you have M Sport brakes. I have stock and would love the BBK but there will need to be lots of brownie points earnt before that happens.
Brownie points can be earned with copius quanities of wine! Then, once inebriated, get her to agree to anything, and use up all the brownie points in one go!
      01-17-2014, 12:23 AM   #39
Gsport
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Hmmm....sounds like your wife and my wife are totally interchangeable, better never let them meet or they'll have our purse strings tied up so tightly that we won't be able to buy even petrol!

Brownie points can be earned with copius quanities of wine! Then, once inebriated, get her to agree to anything, and use up all the brownie points in one go!
I think there is a club out there and my wife is a member too! I have moved to not telling here and then being less than honest about what it costs when she notices something different the other thing that helps is not passing comment on the obscene cost of women's hairdos and shoes. I don't get it, why are they happy to pay three times the price for less leather?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 12:24 AM   #40
Gsport
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Hey Gsport. I ordered them through BMR Autowerkes here in Sydney.

http://bmrautowerkes.com.au/products/bmw-3-series-f30/

They are not on their website but if you give Stu a call he can get them in.

There are lots of cheaper ones out there but I think on this part the OEM looks much better and worth the money.
Thanks I agree the OEM Looks like its meant to be there.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 12:30 AM   #41
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsport View Post
I think there is a club out there and my wife is a member too! I have moved to not telling here and then being less than honest about what it costs when she notices something different the other thing that helps is not passing comment on the obscene cost of women's hairdos and shoes. I don't get it, why are they happy to pay three times the price for less leather?
And I thought I was the only one with a car-hating wife! It's a really comforting feeling to know I'm not alone!
Who knows, there could many more of us out there wanting to join a new forum for husbands of car-hating wives!
      01-17-2014, 12:31 AM   #42
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Actually, having said all that, my wife really loves her Mini, but hates me talking about modifying my F30!! That's women for you............it's all about me!!