F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Solved not having MPH on Canadian Speedometer
proTUNING Freaks

02-25-2016, 06:27 PM   #1
xdnbc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 328xi Touring

Solved not having MPH on Canadian Speedometer

I just got my F31 and realized that the speedometer does not also show MPH as well as KPH. Nobody [including dealer] could tell me if a re-coding would give me a digital speed readout on my Navigation Pro program [my Android navigation app, Route 66 does give me a digital speedometer as part of the readout].

Solution- I downloaded the Android app DigiHUD [free] to my smart phone and place the phone on the sliding shelf in front of the cup holders. This app uses GPS to give a large speed [MPH/KPH/Knots] as well as a Compass, max speed, average speed, and trip mileage. My BMW navigation gives me time and speed and average speed, and fuel consumption with each readout giving a choice of US or metric- but no speedometer.
BTW: the 12V outlet is right there so I can plug my phone in to it without having long wires bothering me.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 06:43 PM   #2
Tim@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
The dealer doesn't do coding - only updates and diagnostics via INPA or it's equivalent, that's why they aren't able to give you an answer.

But yes, you can code digital speed on your KOMBI (instrument cluster), which would reflect MPH or KPH depending on the units you select in iDrive. I've coded it on my old F30, but since I have a HUD in my current one, no need.

If you do want a digital speed readout, I can code that for you as well.
Appreciate 0