F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Can you help me identify this weird noise? F30 316i
Studio RSR

02-24-2021, 11:51 AM   #1
tarekelsakka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330i

Can you help me identify this weird noise? F30 316i

This odd noise started happening about a couple of months ago or maybe a bit less. I recently had to replace the entire turbo system because I had constant Drivetrain issues that I just couldn't fix, so everything is supposed to be fine and dandy with the car. Although there is no oil or water leakage, a weird noise starts happening when I turn the engine off, usually after a long-ish drive.

Oil temperature is normal and I make sure to keep the engine running if I was speeding before turning it off so it would cool down.

My gut tells me it has to do with the water system in the car, perhaps the radiator? The thing is, I actually replaced it recently so there shouldn't be any issues and there doesn't seem to be any water leakage.

The noise almost sounds like a teapot when it's reached full heat.

I couldn't upload the video as an attachment for some reason but here's a link to it: https://streamable.com/4cyjef

The car has 86k miles on the clock and I just had routine maintenance (oil change, filters, etc.) about two weeks ago.

Thanks a lot and sorry for the long post.

TL;DR - Weird noise (video above) starts happening (not always, but often) after turning the engine off following a long-ish drive. Unable to identify it but it's very audible in the video. Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0