F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > New owner 328i F30 MSport Sapphire Black
proTUNING Freaks

12-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #23
plesg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i MSport

I paid 71k for mine (: I feel I got ripped a couple of K Felt the car was worth about 68 or 69 (factoring in it had xenons Plus the sunroof) I was advised full list for same car new was just under 88k anyway I too love my car and it just seems to get better with every drive..I keep seeing white MSports around inner East side and Southside, saw twoMSports at Coorparoo yesterday within a minute of each other, white and EB ( I was in my Aurion). I want opti coat but I need to really trust who is doing it, hope u can let me know what you think after yours is done.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #24
plesg
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart@BMRAutowerkes View Post
Great looking car! Congrats!
Thanks start how can I get in touch I'm interested in the rear diffuser and front lip spoiler for my car and gloss black grille.. The M Performance parts...
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 03:29 AM   #25
MP423
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: it like its a rental

Quote:
Originally Posted by plesg View Post
I paid 71k for mine (: I feel I got ripped a couple of K Felt the car was worth about 68 or 69 (factoring in it had xenons Plus the sunroof) I was advised full list for same car new was just under 88k anyway I too love my car and it just seems to get better with every drive..I keep seeing white MSports around inner East side and Southside, saw twoMSports at Coorparoo yesterday within a minute of each other, white and EB ( I was in my Aurion). I want opti coat but I need to really trust who is doing it, hope u can let me know what you think after yours is done.
Dealers...such a breed. Will absolutely let you know how Opti Coat goes. Kim comes highly recommended on numerous forums and when talking to him I could tell he just knows his trade very well.

I'm in Holland Park so will keep my eyes out. Saw an Estoril Blue just today actually on my way to dry cleaner down near stones corner. Was very nice nut super happy with my purchase and totally agree with you that it just gets better with each drive.
      12-28-2013, 06:12 AM   #26
Chandy168
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 328i MG // VW Amarok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP423 View Post
Yes it's going beautifully thanks mate. I came from a VERY fast Evo IX...sub 5 second 0 - 100 car so was a bit concerned but I absolutely love it.

We are very similar in taste because I was also wanting Estoril Blue. Wasn't too perturbed by sunroof but had to have xenons and extended Bluetooth. The deal for the demo in sapphire black was just too good to pass up. The full list price for mine was $82k and I drove it away for $65k with a window tint thrown in
Get some tunes in and I'm sure you can make this 328i a sub 5 second 0-100 car. But honestly, in real world conditions, its more than capable. It's such an enjoyable ride!

Quote:
I paid under 67k drive away for mine (can't disclose accurate sale price unfortunately) and it has m sport, xenons, sunroof, pro nav and extended connectivity! But I feel that even if you paid a couple extra $$ the build quality and drive compensates for it. Not sure if you came directly from an aurion, but I myself came from a camry and can say that this car has exceeded my expectations
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #27
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i F31 M-Sport EB to MG F87

Quote:
Dealers...such a breed. Will absolutely let you know how Opti Coat goes. Kim comes highly recommended on numerous forums and when talking to him I could tell he just knows his trade very well.

I'm in Holland Park so will keep my eyes out. Saw an Estoril Blue just today actually on my way to dry cleaner down near stones corner. Was very nice nut super happy with my purchase and totally agree with you that it just gets better with each drive.
I might have seen you. I'm always in and around greenslopes/coorparoo/gabba. If you see a EBII F31 328i M-sport it'll probably be me (seriously, I still haven't seen another M-sport wagon yet) so wave back!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #28
MP423
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovewagons View Post
I might have seen you. I'm always in and around greenslopes/coorparoo/gabba. If you see a EBII F31 328i M-sport it'll probably be me (seriously, I still haven't seen another M-sport wagon yet) so wave back!
I think I saw you last week in your EB F31. I'll keep an eye out for you and wave. Shouldn't be too hard to spot as I rarely see wagons let alone in EB. I'm in an F30 black M Sport as is another poster on here with identical car to mine but also with sunroof. Both in coorparoo and holland park.

I'm a big fan of the like minded wave. Didn't think I'd get it with the new car but it's a big thing in the land rover defender community, which is our other car/family wagon.

Most days when I'm driving the F30 I want to wave to everybody like
      12-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #29
plesg
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandy168 View Post
Get some tunes in and I'm sure you can make this 328i a sub 5 second 0-100 car. But honestly, in real world conditions, its more than capable. It's such an enjoyable ride!

I paid under 67k drive away for mine (can't disclose accurate sale price unfortunately) and it has m sport, xenons, sunroof, pro nav and extended connectivity! But I feel that even if you paid a couple extra $$ the build quality and drive compensates for it. Not sure if you came directly from an aurion, but I myself came from a camry and can say that this car has exceeded my expectations
Hi, I came from a E90 330i, the Aurion is the GFs car and used for the dogs etc I drive it sometimes. I did get touched up by the dealer that's obvious now, actually they were asking 74k! The car wasn't technically a demo, they said it was a BMW car whatever that is and it had only 1200k on it, that might be the difference. The day I purchased I was actually considering a used 2009 M3 with the DCT and came straight from test driving that to my second test drive in the F30 and the thing that struck and amazed me was, the steering wheel feel or thickness was around the same as the M3, and power was still pleasing from the F30, and the F30 felt 10 years newer, much more modern, my heart wanted the M3 and still does. (New M3 or M4 may be on the cards all things going well in a year or two) In the excitement of the second test drive combined with my finance broker pushing me to find a car I jumped. As soon as I got home I realised I paid a few extra thousand more than I should have but deal was done. I have no regrets, next car (of course a BMW will never consider anything else) ill be compensating for it...

Last edited by plesg; 12-28-2013 at 05:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #30
MP423
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Hi, I came from a E90 330i, the Aurion is the GFs car and used for the dogs etc I drive it sometimes. I did get touched up by the dealer that's obvious now, actually they were asking 74k! The car wasn't technically a demo, they said it was a BMW car whatever that is and it had only 1200k on it, that might be the difference. The day I purchased I was actually considering a used 2009 M3 with the DCT and came straight from test driving that to my second test drive in the F30 and the thing that struck and amazed me was, the steering wheel feel or thickness was around the same as the M3, and power was still pleasing from the F30, and the F30 felt 10 years newer, much more modern, my heart wanted the M3 and still does. (New M3 or M4 may be on the cards all things going well in a year or two) In the excitement of the second test drive combined with my finance broker pushing me to find a car I jumped. As soon as I got home I realised I paid a few extra thousand more than I should have but deal was done. I have no regrets, next car (of course a BMW will never consider anything else) ill be compensating for it...
The only advice I'd offer you around your purchase is don't look back unless using mirrors and no matter what we pay, we ALL get touched by our respective dealers.

If you didn't pay full rack then you've done well!!!

I'm hearing you on the M3... I was in the same situation with a 08 C63 AMG but decided I wanted new, not old. A mate had E46 SMG and E92 6MT M3's respectively and used to give me the keys for both for weeks at a time when he'd travel for business so I was pretty comfortable with driving both very hard. In fact spent a day at QLD Raceway in the E46. Took him for a drive in my new F30 when I got it last month and he reckons it was comparable in performance to his E46. That's progress for you
      12-29-2013, 05:58 AM   #31
plesg
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
The only advice I'd offer you around your purchase is don't look back unless using mirrors and no matter what we pay, we ALL get touched by our respective dealers.

If you didn't pay full rack then you've done well!!!

I'm hearing you on the M3... I was in the same situation with a 08 C63 AMG but decided I wanted new, not old. A mate had E46 SMG and E92 6MT M3's respectively and used to give me the keys for both for weeks at a time when he'd travel for business so I was pretty comfortable with driving both very hard. In fact spent a day at QLD Raceway in the E46. Took him for a drive in my new F30 when I got it last month and he reckons it was comparable in performance to his E46. That's progress for you
Thanks mate. Wish I had regular access to an E46 and E92 M3!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #32
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i F31 M-Sport EB to MG F87

Quote:
The day I purchased I was actually considering a used 2009 M3 with the DCT
Me too. E90, DCT, Metallic silver, grey OEM double spoke 18 inch wheels. I'd got everything sorted and was going to pull the trigger until an F31 328i came up with all the bits I wanted. Test drove it and it just made more sense. My heart said, "screaming V8, last NA M-engine, proper diff!" but my brain said, "this is a whole lot of car here on an incredible lease with free servicing thrown in and this turbo four feels like it's good for at least 400hp without too much sweat."
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2013, 03:05 AM   #33
BMarmy
Enlisted Member
Australia-Aboriginal
Rep
Drives: 320i

its good to tell each other prices, I didn't visit this website before I put deposit and signed, but after reading how much others paid I went back to my dealer before delivery and got a further $ 2000 off. I was willing to walk away and lose my deposit if he did not. Although still more than what others paid, its a good feeling to save $ 2000 off the agreed price.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2013, 03:34 AM   #34
plesg
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarmy View Post
its good to tell each other prices, I didn't visit this website before I put deposit and signed, but after reading how much others paid I went back to my dealer before delivery and got a further $ 2000 off. I was willing to walk away and lose my deposit if he did not. Although still more than what others paid, its a good feeling to save $ 2000 off the agreed price.
Glad to know we saved you money What did you purchase?
Appreciate 0