F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > NGK 97506
GetBMWParts

05-24-2019, 02:53 PM   #23
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linc0909 View Post
How many ASE and factory carts do you have by chance? You obviously know nothing more than what Super Street Mag tells you. The fuel doesn't spray at the same time as the spark ignites the mixture so you obviously know nothing of engine timing and ignition process. Go back to HS shop class jr If your plugs are failing to fire under the circumstances of new tunes or mods or what have you the the coils are not sufficient for the added mods. Squashing your plug gap is counter intuitive.

You obviously should definitely let someone else do the work on your car before you break something.
Just for the lurkers or people looking for info, it's important to know that this guy is incorrect. Carry on
      05-24-2019, 03:36 PM   #24
BettyFkinCrocker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 550i RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linc0909 View Post
How many ASE and factory carts do you have by chance? You obviously know nothing more than what Super Street Mag tells you. The fuel doesn't spray at the same time as the spark ignites the mixture so you obviously know nothing of engine timing and ignition process. Go back to HS shop class jr If your plugs are failing to fire under the circumstances of new tunes or mods or what have you the the coils are not sufficient for the added mods. Squashing your plug gap is counter intuitive.

You obviously should definitely let someone else do the work on your car before you break something.
Can you point to us all where I stated that fuel is sprayed at the same time spark occurs? I stated more fuel is sprayed and stated nothing about fuel being sprayed at the end of intake/beginning of compression stroke. Can you also elaborate on how that would be at all relevant to the context of this conversation? You keep grasping for straws with no real substance.

Gapping plugs to a desired spec when tuning is nothing new and I am certainly going to take my tuner (and everyone elses in the history of tuning/modding) over yours. In addition, I'm pretty sure the same coils in our cars are used in several M cars (someone correct me if I am wrong), so they are far from the weak point.

Considering I've maintained and worked on all of my highly modified vehicles over the last 10 years that were dailyed for 150k+ miles before being sold/traded...I'll continue to keep them away from the type of willful ignorance that has been displayed in your posts.

To add to what rjdnyy224 stated...don't take our word for it. Do your own research (unlike Linc0909 ), come to your own conclusions. Don't be a Linc0909 .

Linc0909 Here's a nice "Subject Matter for Dummies" type video by Donut Media. I've even linked the time that directly relates to this thread(in case it was too hard for you to find) but please feel free to watch the entire thing, I'm sure it will benefit you greatly.

https://youtu.be/742Ml4oD3s4?t=495

Like I told you in the other post, do some research before coming to a forum expecting no one to criticize you when spreading misinformation.
1/4: 10.90@128
60-130: 7.43

Last edited by BettyFkinCrocker; 05-24-2019 at 03:45 PM..
Appreciate 2
rjd_F301999.50