F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
proTUNING Freaks

08-03-2021, 11:58 AM   #4137
megatm
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 F26 x28i

Waiting Kri to release notes from 3.0.8.
I'm on 3.0.5, so far so good until now.
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2021, 12:38 PM   #4138
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
I love how people are eager to update but no one is actually willing to test it out or put some effort and decompile to source to see what's new... always has to be kri 🙄
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 12:41 PM   #4139
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiphan View Post
Hi everybody,

Thank you for your excellent post.

I have updated my car audio Navifly under android 10 from version 2.3.5 to 2.6.7 on advice of my seller to resolv some problems.

The update is well detected but when the unit restart i have a problem with the screen.

I have made a reset and try to update to version 2.8.6, but still the same.

If you know the issue ?
Many thanks.

Attachment 2663851

Attachment 2663850
Try downgrading to 1.2.2 and then any newer version.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 12:46 PM   #4140
megatm
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 F26 x28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
I love how people are eager to update but no one is actually willing to test it out or put some effort and decompile to source to see what's new... always has to be 🙄
That's why we have different knowledge. I'm a medicine doctor from emergency department, love technology, but unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to decompile the source and analyze myself.
Have a nice day
Appreciate 2
RedErik1023.50
F20_M135i100.50
      08-03-2021, 02:21 PM   #4141
szczepan
Registered
Germany
Rep
Drives: e91 318i

Quote:
Hi everybody,

I have updated my car audio Navifly under android 10 from version 2.3.5 to 2.6.7 on advice of my seller to resolv some problems.

The update is well detected but when the unit restart i have a problem with the screen.

If you know the issue ?
Many thanks.

Attachment 2663851

Attachment 2663850
I had the same. The latest MCU helped. See the first page for how to install it.
I have firmware 3.0.5 and it works.
Choose 720 or 480. Do you know your resolution?
https://mega.nz/folder/NNxk0Z6S#876H...older/gAAiFL4Y

Last edited by szczepan; 08-03-2021 at 02:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 02:56 PM   #4142
sclnd
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91 325i

Hi,

I recently installed one of these units, albeit in an e90. Software shipped seems to be 3.0.5.

Everything is fine for the most part but I have a couple of questions and this seems the best place to ask...

1. I've had a couple of people complain my voice (over bluetooth when connected) is garbled, not the background noise etc but more of a scrambled audio noise. Wondering if there are some other bluetooth options via developer settings that might improve it?

2. Has anyone managed to get internet tethering from an iPhone over bluetooth working? Most of the usual android bluetooth options are missing so not sure if it's possible without rooting etc?

3. Any way to change the other of some of the options from the main menu, or even remove them? For instance I have no need for the music or video apps so I'd rather them out of the way or gone completely from the home screen. Maybe something to do by editing the theme?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 03:09 PM   #4143
BunsenHoneydew
Rep
Drives: 125i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleSamurai View Post
Not all apps support split screen. You can force it to allow split-screen mode, by enabling developer mode. Then open Android's Settings > System > Developer options > Enable "Force activities to be re-sizable" option (near the end of the list). Reboot.
Tried this, no difference. :-(

I'm running app version 2.6.7, not sure if that has anything to do with this?

Steve
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 03:56 PM   #4144
stiphan
France
Rep
Drives: Bmw f25 35i f48 25d

Quote:
Originally Posted by szczepan View Post
I had the same. The latest MCU helped. See the first page for how to install it.
I have firmware 3.0.5 and it works.
Choose 720 or 480. Do you know your resolution?
https://mega.nz/folder/NNxk0Z6S#876H...older/gAAiFL4Y
Thank you for your help.
I tried to install version 2.3.5 but always the same. I’m waiting for my vendor and will try older version and mcu update.

I think that i was in 480.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 03:57 PM   #4145
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatm View Post
That's why we have different knowledge. I'm a medicine doctor from emergency department, love technology, but unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to decompile the source and analyze myself.
Have a nice day
I appreciate what you do, I really do. But my comment was more of a general observation. Same people answer some questions over and over again, same people doing hard work so other don't have to. Just wish there was more balance in the Force.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 04:41 PM   #4146
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclnd View Post
Hi,

I recently installed one of these units, albeit in an e90. Software shipped seems to be 3.0.5.

Everything is fine for the most part but I have a couple of questions and this seems the best place to ask...

1. I've had a couple of people complain my voice (over bluetooth when connected) is garbled, not the background noise etc but more of a scrambled audio noise. Wondering if there are some other bluetooth options via developer settings that might improve it?
No, you need to replace microphone. No settings would cure crap hardware.

Quote:
2. Has anyone managed to get internet tethering from an iPhone over bluetooth working? Most of the usual android bluetooth options are missing so not sure if it's possible without rooting etc?
Don't know, don't use iPhone and I have a dedicated SIM for my unit. However Bluetooth on these units is intentionally locked/disabled. These are imitating OEM infortainment system so anything else other than paring your phone for calls is disabled. Root won't help you here as these units are already partially rooted and running in debug mode. Check the first page, there is a guide/workaround for Bluetooth lock.

Quote:
3. Any way to change the other of some of the options from the main menu, or even remove them? For instance I have no need for the music or video apps so I'd rather them out of the way or gone completely from the home screen. Maybe something to do by editing the theme?
Nope... what you see is what you get. You could redirect couple of tiles on ID6 theme but still not music or video. If you want freedom of arranging stuff on your screen then try a custom launcher like one made by Nick - more info in the theming thread.

Quote:
Thanks
You're welcome.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 11:49 PM   #4147
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben.jongbin View Post
What's new in this version?
Will brick the unit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatm View Post
Waiting Kri to release notes from 3.0.8.
I'm on 3.0.5, so far so good until now.
It did not brick my unit, i already have the image since last thursday, but i just have no time at the moment to do a proper changelog.
Maybe by the end of this week.

Kri
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2021, 02:14 AM   #4148
sjk971005
Registered
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 328i

Very keen to get one of these but hesitant on having a non-factory unit. Do you guys think it is worthwhile to upgrade the head unit or get an MMI module, or just have a smartphone mount off on the side? Wouldn't want to spend so much time and money to have it fail
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 04:12 AM   #4149
smahel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper, 2020 X1

Garage List
Quote:
Hi everybody,

If you know the issue ?
Many thanks.

Attachment 2663851

Attachment 2663850
neither version 1.2.2 nor upgrading the MCU will probably help you. Download ( https://mega.nz/folder/kIB3CSZD#wnqmCQnF8i7VW1yIEvz66g )the firmware version Ksw-P-Userdebug_OS_v1.2.0-ota.zip, rename it to Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS_v1.2.0-ota.zip. Install and then you can upgrade to any newer version. You will see that it will help you
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 10:22 AM   #4150
stiphan
France
Rep
Drives: Bmw f25 35i f48 25d

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahel View Post
neither version 1.2.2 nor upgrading the MCU will probably help you. Download ( https://mega.nz/folder/kIB3CSZD#wnqmCQnF8i7VW1yIEvz66g )the firmware version Ksw-P-Userdebug_OS_v1.2.0-ota.zip, rename it to Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS_v1.2.0-ota.zip. Install and then you can upgrade to any newer version. You will see that it will help you
I have passed the last version of MCU given by szczepan and my unit restart correctly.
So i have tried reinstall version 2.6.7 recommended by my vendor and it's still ok.

Many thank for your help. Perhaps MCU up to date is better for update version.

I hope that this version improve the many bug i have with 2.3.5 at start (screen blocked on splashscreen or black screen). And i have to find IGO apk...
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 03:08 PM   #4151
N54andS63TU
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 6speedMT!

Hi guys, I have e82 135i with Navifly Android Headunit, I see a lot of support on f30 forum.
I have no sound after I cut my factory GPS antenna and extended it to plug it to Android Headunit instead of Oem headunit. Will cutting factory GPS wires can cause no sound? I thought it wasn't related to sound. I had sound before I rewired to android unit. Any one know if it cutting oem gps wires related to that?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 03:31 PM   #4152
sclnd
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91 325i

Quote:
No, you need to replace microphone. No settings would cure crap hardware.

Don't know, don't use iPhone and I have a dedicated SIM for my unit. However Bluetooth on these units is intentionally locked/disabled. These are imitating OEM infortainment system so anything else other than paring your phone for calls is disabled. Root won't help you here as these units are already partially rooted and running in debug mode. Check the first page, there is a guide/workaround for Bluetooth lock.

Nope... what you see is what you get. You could redirect couple of tiles on ID6 theme but still not music or video. If you want freedom of arranging stuff on your screen then try a custom launcher like one made by Nick - more info in the theming thread.

You're welcome.

Thanks for your responses. I’ll try and source another/better mic.

I had seen the custom launcher by Nick, so I may give it a shot.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 07:03 PM   #4153
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54andS63TU View Post
Hi guys, I have e82 135i with Navifly Android Headunit, I see a lot of support on f30 forum.
I have no sound after I cut my factory GPS antenna and extended it to plug it to Android Headunit instead of Oem headunit. Will cutting factory GPS wires can cause no sound? I thought it wasn't related to sound. I had sound before I rewired to android unit. Any one know if it cutting oem gps wires related to that?
No, completely unrelated. Most likely you bumped quadlock connector or something else and now you have no sound.

Btw. why cutting OEM cable?! Just why?! You could have bought an extension with male and female connectors....
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 10:42 PM   #4154
N54andS63TU
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
No, completely unrelated. Most likely you bumped quadlock connector or something else and now you have no sound.

Btw. why cutting OEM cable?! Just why?! You could have bought an extension with male and female connectors....
Rechecked everything, problem was loose optical cable now it's fixed sound is back.

I have no use of old factory CCC system Navi super slow and old, so I thought why not just extend the oem gps wire while I was installing the Android unit. But extending didn't work for some reason IGO says looking for GPS like there's no signal.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 10:50 PM   #4155
N54andS63TU
Private First Class
Rep

I have couple more questions

1. is this true android auto works only works wired for Android phones, and apple works wirelessly according to my seller

2. Sound quality is not crystal clear compare to oem, I would say it's 90% clear with slight distortion, after doing some research looks like sound restorer should fix it.

3. When switching to OEM screen music stops playing, any possible fix for that? After doing some reading here seems like no solution.

4. Any possible solution when connecting to Bluetooth to automatically start playing.

5. IGO does not have North America maps.

Sorry if I asked too many questions at once, I probably have read 40 pages here but haven't read all 190 yet, I will probably find my answer here, I appreciate the answer if anyone can provide.

Last edited by N54andS63TU; 08-04-2021 at 11:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 01:58 AM   #4156
schooleydoo
Rep
Drives: 2012 320D Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by schooleydoo View Post
Bit of a weird one.

SD625 in for over a year with the cheapy supplied mic.
Worked great for calls with CarPlay.

Suddenly everyone’s telling me on calls that they can barely hear me. Somethings changed! I’m a regular FW updater. On latest currently, wondering it it’s a bug?

Replaced mic, checked connections are secure. Aux volume in NBT set to its usual 50%. Android and OEM call volume at 26 (just over 50%). iPhone volume at max.

Is there a setting within the unit for mic volume? Aux position 1 and 2 are set to 0. What is this?
Still struggling with this if anyone has any insight. To clarify, my setup is a SD625 on 2.8.6 with Carlinkit box (on latest FW),High quality 3.5mm mic plugged into SD625 via its microphone connector behind dash.

Thought I might have solved it when I learned there’s a Carlinkit box with its own mic, but apparently mine does not.

Looking at my original wiring, the mic input to the SD625 is listed as “optional”. How do I make sure this input is being used in settings? Are there any other input sources it could be using, buried behind the dash somewhere, other than the OEM NBT mic? Could it be using my phones mic somehow?

If I don’t use CarPlay/Carlinkit box, the SD625 BT mic sounds fine.

Played with the various options in the Autokit app, nothing helps.

Last edited by schooleydoo; 08-05-2021 at 02:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 11:11 AM   #4157
onblue
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Anyone having problem with playing Spotify?

These few days Spotify often not playing after turning on the car

The play button showing that the song is playing but no sound on

If I try to fiddle with the KSW sound restorer (start or stopping the services), which I almost never did because never have problem before.

It just result in the sound restored but sounds like from a cheap mono speaker. Like not all the speaker working
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 02:00 PM   #4158
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onblue View Post
Anyone having problem with playing Spotify?

These few days Spotify often not playing after turning on the car

The play button showing that the song is playing but no sound on

If I try to fiddle with the KSW sound restorer (start or stopping the services), which I almost never did because never have problem before.

It just result in the sound restored but sounds like from a cheap mono speaker. Like not all the speaker working
Happens to me every now and then. Only remedy is to restart Android. Never actually bothered investigating it any further as I'm ditching Android altogether.
Appreciate 0