F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > MPPSK Installation Cost
Studio RSR

04-05-2018, 08:19 PM   #45
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by oksymoroni View Post
So here is the deal I found online and my dealer agreed to match.

$2445 MPPSK
$81 for both SS Tips
$62 Shipping
No Tax

My SA agreed to install for 2.5 hours (1 hour exaust, 1.5 programming) @ $152/hour. My total out the door cost will be just under 3K.

Install is scheduled for April 16th. Now the wait begins........
So I checked with that dealer and they are also a sonic dealership like the one I got my quote from, so I'm going back there and asking if they can price match with another dealer in their network. Comes out to $2700 and change with carbon tips so that will be awesome. With install maybe I can get it around $3k.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 01:17 PM   #46
Vulpe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Update?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 02:04 PM   #47
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpe View Post
Quote:
Update?
Just ordered mine to install on the 30th. Showed them the price at bmw fairfax and they gave me $700 off. Will let y'all know what it's like maybe even post some pics and vids.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 02:09 PM   #48
oksymoroni
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

Quote:
Update?
Ok so I had it installed last Wednesday. My work schedule changed so i was able to pull in the install date. Overall its awesome. Power bump is noticeable. I noticed when cruising on the highway its much easier to reach triple digits effortlessly when passing. Traction control light seems more common now too .

As far as the sound goes, its loud in sport mode. Lots of burbles on liftoff even when driving relatively slow (30-40 mph). One thing I'm still getting used to is the drone between 1.5K-2K RPMs with the valves open. Its not just on the highway either. Even in normal city driving car spends a lot of time in that RPM range. Its annoying enough that I find myself switching to comfort......until the next stop light when I go back to sport and floor it lol. Valves open sound is addictive when driven hard though.

I ended up paying just under $3K for the parts and install just like they quoted. Dropped the car off in the morning, got it back in the afternoon. I do think my tips are sticking out a bit too much but that's an easy fix.

Here is a video and some pics I took right after the install.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 02:44 PM   #49
Nebelhinten
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tanzanite 340i MPPSK

Quote:
Ok so I had it installed last Wednesday. My work schedule changed so i was able to pull in the install date. Overall its awesome. Power bump is noticeable. I noticed when cruising on the highway its much easier to reach triple digits effortlessly when passing. Traction control light seems more common now too .

As far as the sound goes, its loud in sport mode. Lots of burbles on liftoff even when driving relatively slow (30-40 mph). One thing I'm still getting used to is the drone between 1.5K-2K RPMs with the valves open. Its not just on the highway either. Even in normal city driving car spends a lot of time in that RPM range. Its annoying enough that I find myself switching to comfort......until the next stop light when I go back to sport and floor it lol. Valves open sound is addictive when driven hard though.

I ended up paying just under $3K for the parts and install just like they quoted. Dropped the car off in the morning, got it back in the afternoon. I do think my tips are sticking out a bit too much but that's an easy fix.

Congrats, nice vid. Yes, it gets low bassy sound in that range. One thing I found is skip Sport. Sport+ holds gears longer and easier to keep out of that range with paddle shifting or manual.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 02:55 PM   #50
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Update?

I paid the same as you, about $2900 and change but with carbon tips, before install. I'm getting it installed on the 30th.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 09:12 PM   #51
Poon Stick
Two many diffs
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 340xi MPPSK 6MT

I had the exact same opinions when I first got mine.

The drone either goes away or you get used to it. Either way it's only mildly annoying and I never switch out of sport unless I have an unenthusiat passenger.

I also thought my tips seemed too long but didn't want to adjust in the cold (I had mine put on in winter). By the time spring rolled around I decided I liked that they stuck out just a liiittle too far. Mine are carbon though so I'm going for a bit of that flashy look.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 05:14 AM   #52
disintegrator66
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 340i M-Sport 6MT THP MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
Too late for the OP but if you are considering the MPPSK & are ordering the car get it as part of the original order. On a purchase you can negotiate it in with your total discount. On a lease your out of pocket is less then half the price.

On both its a free port install.
Correctamundo! I paid invoice for my MPPSK on my soon to be delivered 2018 340i
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 08:12 AM   #53
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by disintegrator66 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
Too late for the OP but if you are considering the MPPSK & are ordering the car get it as part of the original order. On a purchase you can negotiate it in with your total discount. On a lease your out of pocket is less then half the price.

On both its a free port install.
Correctamundo! I paid invoice for my MPPSK on my soon to be delivered 2018 340i
I brought my car as I said earlier before the mppsk was released in the states so that wasn't an option. Also I didn't order my car it was in the dealer inventory but I got a nice discount on a 340 with the m grill and blacked out exhaust as well as 19" rims and navigation, parking assistant for $45k, which was below the base price with no options or assesories.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 07:21 PM   #54
Vulpe
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Just got back from the dealer and made an appointment. They quoted me an amazing price on the kit, said they couldn't match the tips price I found so I ordered that elsewhere. Labor was a bit high but after everything I should be just under $3k
Appreciate 1
Beek707.00
      04-19-2018, 07:57 PM   #55
oksymoroni
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

Be careful with where you order the tips if youre getting the stainless ones. Some places quote as much as around $100 each but others are that much for both. I paid something like 80 bucks for both which was very cheap.

Anyways congrats man. Youll love it.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 08:01 PM   #56
Vulpe
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Be careful with where you order the tips if youre getting the stainless ones. Some places quote as much as around $100 each but others are that much for both. I paid something like 80 bucks for both which was very cheap.

Anyways congrats man. Youll love it.
I just ordered from bmwpartssource it says "(Set of 2)" for 84.54+9.53 an actual reasonable shipping price. So $94.07 for the tips. Crazy how much lower theirs is than everyone else.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 08:37 PM   #57
Nebelhinten
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tanzanite 340i MPPSK

Quote:
My dealer quoted me ~$3100 all in. Surprsingly good from what I expected. Their online site says something like $4100 for just the kit with no tips. But they matched the lowest I found online. Need to save a bit more then I’m going for it.
Good deal, that's right around my all in (exhuast, chrome tips, labor and tax) cost. Dealer promised (in writing) discounted pricing on MPPSK when I bought car.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 10:12 PM   #58
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebelhinten View Post
Quote:
My dealer quoted me ~$3100 all in. Surprsingly good from what I expected. Their online site says something like $4100 for just the kit with no tips. But they matched the lowest I found online. Need to save a bit more then I'm going for it.
Good deal, that's right around my all in (exhuast, chrome tips, labor and tax) cost. Dealer promised (in writing) discounted pricing on MPPSK when I bought car.
I paid a little bit more but with carbon tips.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 10:56 PM   #59
Vulpe
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Well the exhaust tips got here and only one is in the box. Sent a message to BMWPartsSource so we'll see what will happen. My install is tomorrow so I guess I'm just going to run no tips until I can get the other one. At least that I can do myself.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2018, 08:35 AM   #60
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Well the exhaust tips got here and only one is in the box. Sent a message to BMWPartsSource so we'll see what will happen. My install is tomorrow so I guess I'm just going to run no tips until I can get the other one. At least that I can do myself.
I got my dealer to price match and it should be at the dealer now. Will install on Monday along with free maintenance that's due and a new set of rear tires. Perfect timing to go with mppsk lol but of course costs $$. Maybe they can install the mppsk first, do the oil change and then burn off the old tires with some burnouts and donuts in a smoky burnout of glory before slapping on the new pirellis lol. Meaning I would be doing that also getting a loaner. Hopefully they can get it all done in maybe 3-4 hours compared to my other dealer that can sometimes keep a car overnight just to do an oil change even if you bring it in first thing in the morning.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2018, 12:27 AM   #61
Vulpe
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
So I got it installed, running with no tips at the moment. It's.. different but I do like it. The pops and burbles are there, but nothing crazy unless you lift off at ~5k otherwise they're really quiet burbles.

I was so used to the exhaust on my Genesis Coupe this is way different, I suppose it makes sense to how different the sounds are. The GC was much deeper and I felt the rumble under the car even though I went with a pretty subtle catback on it, I didn't want drone so I got a Magnaflow catback. This exhaust I feel very much like the exhaust is coming from the back of the car. Maybe it's just because the sound isolation is better on this car?

In sport with auto trans on highway I get almost no drone and I was cruising anywhere between 60-75. Maybe a little bit if the highway was going uphill but no where near as bad as I was expecting.

I do feel the power increase, I was testing where the pop and gunshots would happen as I was getting up to speed a bit quicker than I remember. Still need to do more messing around, fuel economy is definitely going down.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2018, 06:07 AM   #62
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
So I got it installed, running with no tips at the moment. It's.. different but I do like it. The pops and burbles are there, but nothing crazy unless you lift off at ~5k otherwise they're really quiet burbles.

I was so used to the exhaust on my Genesis Coupe this is way different, I suppose it makes sense to how different the sounds are. The GC was much deeper and I felt the rumble under the car even though I went with a pretty subtle catback on it, I didn't want drone so I got a Magnaflow catback. This exhaust I feel very much like the exhaust is coming from the back of the car. Maybe it's just because the sound isolation is better on this car?

In sport with auto trans on highway I get almost no drone and I was cruising anywhere between 60-75. Maybe a little bit if the highway was going uphill but no where near as bad as I was expecting.

I do feel the power increase, I was testing where the pop and gunshots would happen as I was getting up to speed a bit quicker than I remember. Still need to do more messing around, fuel economy is definitely going down.
Thanks for the info! I've driven a car with the mppsk and watched YouTube videos so I know what it's like, it's not super loud or obnoxious but a nice sound that is comparable to other aftermarket exhausts for the 335/340. Maybe with a catless down pipe it can sound louder but I will keep it oem for now maybe try a jb4 that I can easily switch off and see how that goes. Will be getting mine installed tomorrow, hoping they give me a nice loaner given the amount I'm spending plus the complimentary maintenance they get paid for and new rear tires.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2018, 08:23 PM   #63
Vulpe
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Drove around a bit more with my brother today. When in comfort I get some traces of the exhaust sound from my Genesis Coupe weirdly. We went to a parking structure and he drove it around a bit while I watched, really do like the exhaust from the outside as well.

They gave me a loaner while mine was being done, I dropped it off at 10am and it was done around 4pm.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2018, 10:55 PM   #64
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Drove around a bit more with my brother today. When in comfort I get some traces of the exhaust sound from my Genesis Coupe weirdly. We went to a parking structure and he drove it around a bit while I watched, really do like the exhaust from the outside as well.

They gave me a loaner while mine was being done, I dropped it off at 10am and it was done around 4pm.
Sweet. It might take the entire day for me then because of the other stuff. Hoping I get a nice loaner. I do like hearing the stock exhaust while revving in a tunnel so the mppsk will be even better. I've had people in the car while in sport + with stock exhaust and nobody really noticed the exhaust sound lol. We'll see how much difference this makes.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2018, 05:32 AM   #65
EricVR4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Sweet. It might take the entire day for me then because of the other stuff. Hoping I get a nice loaner. I do like hearing the stock exhaust while revving in a tunnel so the mppsk will be even better. I've had people in the car while in sport + with stock exhaust and nobody really noticed the exhaust sound lol. We'll see how much difference this makes.
It's a massive difference haha.

Mine was really loud the first couple of weeks and once I got more miles on it then it calmed down. I've got almost 2,000 miles on it now and it's perfect. The vibrations and buzz I used to get between 1,500-2,500 rpms under certain load is gone (partially thanks to BMW readjusting the exhaust away from the heat shield). It's a night and day difference compared to the stock exhaust though.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2018, 08:05 AM   #66
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricVR4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
It's a massive difference haha.

Mine was really loud the first couple of weeks and once I got more miles on it then it calmed down. I've got almost 2,000 miles on it now and it's perfect. The vibrations and buzz I used to get between 1,500-2,500 rpms under certain load is gone (partially thanks to BMW readjusting the exhaust away from the heat shield). It's a night and day difference compared to the stock exhaust though.
Cool good stuff. I looked on the site of my dealer and there is a 15% discount coupon on any service or repair. Will see if they can give me this off on the installation cost they quoted me. I'll let you guys know. Also since I'm getting new tires maybe 15% off on the install and balance of those as well.
Appreciate 0