F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Custom tune dyno graph results
proTUNING Freaks

09-20-2018, 04:21 PM   #23
jamesf30n20
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerJ View Post
On your logs, what's with the WGDC values? I've read that JB4 shifted this to the "Calc_torque" value but that's inconsistent for whatever reason.
I’m honestly not sure, I’ve seen that too from other logs I’ve looked at in here. Maybe I have a old firmware on my jb4 I don’t know if they made a updated version I only see one hex file on n54 tech for the firmware for my ewg. If anyone would like to chime in on this please do!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 04:27 PM   #24
jamesf30n20
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerJ View Post
Also, are you RWD or AWD? If RWD, 3361 is the correct curb weight. I'd say then your weight would be around 3450 at a maximum, 3400 if your car isn't filled with junk, then add occ weight.
I’m rwd, and ok I’ll adjust the weight to that. Also just wondering is their anything detrimental to my car in the logs I posted, I know I’m not quite hitting target boost but I’m going to guess that’s From having a stock intercooler, inlet pipe, charge pipe etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 07:58 PM   #25
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesf30n20 View Post
I’m rwd, and ok I’ll adjust the weight to that. Also just wondering is their anything detrimental to my car in the logs I posted, I know I’m not quite hitting target boost but I’m going to guess that’s From having a stock intercooler, inlet pipe, charge pipe etc.
That's my bad on the weight, totally forgot RWD F30's existed

It looks like you're hitting boost targets well enough. In my experience, it's rare to constantly be exactly at target boost all the time.

What you said about your WGDC and the fact you may have old firmware could be contributing to the fact that we're getting what are effectively unrealistic numbers on VD. Because the VD results hinge completely on the accuracy of logs, it'll be impossible to get accurate numbers with said logs. Like you said in the original post everything has to be spot on for it to work. It's absolutely not a strike against you, I'm just pointing out for discussion's sake.
      09-21-2018, 09:37 AM   #26
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesf30n20 View Post
I’m honestly not sure, I’ve seen that too from other logs I’ve looked at in here. Maybe I have a old firmware on my jb4 I don’t know if they made a updated version I only see one hex file on n54 tech for the firmware for my ewg. If anyone would like to chime in on this please do!
Yeah, I'm mainly curious about WGDC here. If you're maxing it out at 100% during the pull, it's going to stress that turbo a lot. The only concerning thing I saw was knock in one of your logs. You dropped from 13.5 to 8 degrees of timing up top, which indicates knock.

Regarding the logs, another thing that's odd is the timing. I understand JB4 is running off an internal clock and the polling rate seems quite slow, which I'd be interested to see how that could change a dyno as well. Another thing is the curve of the dyno. While I understand you changed your map to try to get more power top-end, but there is a physical limitation of the turbo there and if anything, it's being thrown out of its efficiency range to make up for the lack of flow at higher RPMs.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 1
rjd_F301999.50