F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > We Interview Oliver Ganser, BMW 3 Series Product Manager BMWNA, on All Things F30
ARMA SPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #23
BMWinGE
Captain
21
Rep
649
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbrew View Post
As a data point, F10 M-Sport package is $4800 vs. $3600 for Sport package.

Prediction: Assume ~$1000 premium over the Sport Line for:
- aero kit
- staggered wheels / tire setup with base wheels, even on 328i
- M-Sport steering wheel
- textured aluminum trim option or option for wood on a model with Sport suspension
- even more limited exterior and interior color options
I dont see how it could be that cheap. The aero kit alone would add a $1K, just look at the Mini JCW aero kit for example. I'm thinking it will be at least $4K or about $1500 more than the sport line.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 02:46 PM   #24
Frosty
Colonel
Frosty's Avatar
355
Rep
2,331
Posts

Drives: Ordered my E92 (7/10/06)
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
M-Sport + No power bump + No upgrade on brakes + Sport suspension not standard + Runflat tires

= NOT M

Agreed... all cosmetic ~///Marketing (hard to blame them)
__________________
335i Coupe (6MT) (2007: 9/06 build SOLD (AUG 2016)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #25
SoFlo_Nick
Lieutenant
SoFlo_Nick's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
409
Posts

Drives: Current (392 Widebody Charger)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miami,Fl

iTrader: (0)

I don't like the fact that they asked so many M Sport question. Most consumers will not buy it.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #26
SoFlo_Nick
Lieutenant
SoFlo_Nick's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
409
Posts

Drives: Current (392 Widebody Charger)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miami,Fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty
Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
M-Sport + No power bump + No upgrade on brakes + Sport suspension not standard + Runflat tires

= NOT M

Agreed... all cosmetic ~///Marketing (hard to blame them)
They have RSC run flats
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #27
pcbrew
Captain
pcbrew's Avatar
24
Rep
784
Posts

Drives: 2012 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335inGA View Post
I dont see how it could be that cheap. The aero kit alone would add a $1K, just look at the Mini JCW aero kit for example. I'm thinking it will be at least $4K or about $1500 more than the sport line.
Why would it be any more than the F10 M-Sport ($1200) for essentially the same items.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #28
BMWinGE
Captain
21
Rep
649
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbrew View Post
Why would it be any more than the F10 M-Sport ($1200) for essentially the same items.
i dunno, maybe because the sport package on the f30 is overpriced at $3600

just seems like a lot of equip for only $1K more
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #29
Bimmerforlife
Captain
55
Rep
779
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the question and answer. I really feel the m-sport is the best looking and most appealing from the outside.

For me, I just don't see that I will ever upgrade to the F30. I remember saying the same about the E90 in 2006 but the main things I didn't like about the 06 E90 was the mustash grill, the rear tailights & the idrive software, all were fixed with 09 + model.

The F30 just has way too many things I don't like:
don't like the pop up looking navi
don't like the flow of the dash, no harmony, too jagged
they should have included dct (like the 135i)
don't like the headlight design & space between grill & headlight
don't like the square line hood
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #30
EYE4SPEED
Ex-Diesel Driver
EYE4SPEED's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
2,000
Posts

Drives: Audi SQ5
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast... of Michigan

iTrader: (22)

Does anyone know if the performance brakes offered on the Msport (blue) will be backwards compatible with the E90? Might be a good cosmetic option versus some of the aftermarket kits... and will allow me to keep my warranty in tact.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #31
Xcution
Lieutenant
Xcution's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
476
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i mSport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerforlife View Post
Thanks for the question and answer. I really feel the m-sport is the best looking and most appealing from the outside.

For me, I just don't see that I will ever upgrade to the F30. I remember saying the same about the E90 in 2006 but the main things I didn't like about the 06 E90 was the mustash grill, the rear tailights & the idrive software, all were fixed with 09 + model.

The F30 just has way too many things I don't like:
don't like the pop up looking navi
don't like the flow of the dash, no harmony, too jagged
they should have included dct (like the 135i)
don't like the headlight design & space between grill & headlight
don't like the square line hood
Have you seen it in person? Just asking, I know a few people who have said a lot of the same things. Later on they see it in person and change there minds. I have a few concerns as well, but waiting for the actual date to judge.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #32
Bama335
Lieutenant
Bama335's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
542
Posts

Drives: '13 E82 135is '13 E88 135
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dixie

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeDeep View Post
Give me a manual option or I'll go elsewhere for my next purchase.
I agree, however I understand why they are doing it.....it's the low take rate on manuals and the high EPA drivetrain emmisions certification costs. It's getting to the point we should be thankful they even offer a stick at all, as fewer than 5% of their cars sold on this side of the pond are MT.

My fear is that in another 10 yrs we'll all be looking for early F30 and earlier rides, as the F30 replacement will be DCT only. How many Ferraris are even avail with MT now?
__________________
2013 E88 135i B39/LWD1 DCT
2013 E82 135is 416/LWNL 6MT
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #33
F30x
New Member
United_States
12
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 2019 G20 330i xDrive Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Does anyone know if the Sport Line will be available on the 328i xDrive?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 07:44 AM   #34
Weird Side Effect
Side effects may include...
Weird Side Effect's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
168
Posts

Drives: e90 M3, e46 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama335
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeDeep View Post
Give me a manual option or I'll go elsewhere for my next purchase.
I agree, however I understand why they are doing it.....it's the low take rate on manuals and the high EPA drivetrain emmisions certification costs. It's getting to the point we should be thankful they even offer a stick at all, as fewer than 5% of their cars sold on this side of the pond are MT.

My fear is that in another 10 yrs we'll all be looking for early F30 and earlier rides, as the F30 replacement will be DCT only. How many Ferraris are even avail with MT now?
From my understanding, you can no longer buy a new Ferrari with an MT. Sad. I'm a huge MT supporter, as it is what I like to drive the most. I can't stomach the fact that so many automakers are going to all automatics (or some variation of). With that said, I am still debating on whether I will purchase and auto or MT for the F30.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #35
Xcution
Lieutenant
Xcution's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
476
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i mSport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30x View Post
Does anyone know if the Sport Line will be available on the 328i xDrive?
Yes it will, from what I have read online.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #36
m630
Captain
m630's Avatar
587
Rep
888
Posts

Drives: '19 X2 M35i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: nyc/li

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYE4SPEED View Post
Does anyone know if the performance brakes offered on the Msport (blue) will be backwards compatible with the E90? Might be a good cosmetic option versus some of the aftermarket kits... and will allow me to keep my warranty in tact.
would not see it as a possibility, different rotors to consider too, plus it certainly would void your warranty as its not stock for that model.
__________________
'19 X2 ///M35i Misano Blue Metallic /Magma Red...pure driving excitement!!!
Dearly departed...'16 M3 Tanzanite Blue
Past lives'13 640i GC...'13 335i...'08 M6 ...'05 645Ci...'00 323i...'85 735i...'77 630CSi...'86 325es ...'01 740iL...'09 X3
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #37
hua052011
Banned
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: bjmk,hfj
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: canada

iTrader: (0)

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST