F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > USB iPhone 7 Problem: Charging on/off constantly
Vorsteiner

07-19-2018, 05:58 PM   #45
Nomana
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashhong View Post
The weirdest thing about this issue is that it's intermittent. When it's happening, try pushing around the USB connection to the car. If I push it firmly towards the front of the car it usually stops. I'm not sure why the problem would stop if it was a power/current issue. Maybe most cables just don't make a strong enough connection?
Exact same with my car 2014. I thought itís because of bad usb port since I had to adjust the plug 90% of the time after restart the car to make the phone connected.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2018, 06:57 AM   #46
ArjandeV
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i F20

So I have the same problem. But it only exists when I code 6NS to my car in stead of 6NH (default).

I followed this message by shawnsheridan
Quote:
Step 1. Change FA from 6NH to 6NS:
E-Sys - How to change FA in F-series car.pdf
Step 2. VO Code Head Unit and standalone Combox (CMB_MEDIA) if present:
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Right-Click on Head Unit ECU (e.g. HU_NBT, HU_CIC, HU_CHAMP, HU_ENTRY, HU_ENTRYNAV, etc.) (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE (Not Code FDL).
Repeat Step 2 above for and standalone Combox (CMB_MEDIA) if present.

* Note: 6NS is used for NBT Head Unit. For cars with 6NH and ENTRY or CHAMP2 Head Units, use 6NK, or 6NL if car is equipped with BMW Assist.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 07:42 AM   #47
quadrophenic23
Registered
Rep
Drives: 420D M Sport MSPP

Same here

I have a 2015 F36 and mine was working fine until I had my headunit coded to enable enhanced bluetooth. Seems to be a bit of a pattern.
It connects eventually but it normally involves a lot of unplugging until it stays stable. Using an iphone X.

I just want spotify to work!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 03:14 PM   #48
marpap
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31 2013 320d

Unfortunately I do face the same.
Does not matter the cable (tried over 10).
iPhone SE with iOS 11 and now iOS12
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 06:17 AM   #49
perryo91
Captain
Uganda
Rep
Drives: 335

Anyone got a solution? Bumping an old old thread.

I'm gonna try buying this cable seeing if it works (Doubt it)

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerLi...ightning+cable
      11-16-2018, 11:03 PM   #50
stroker15
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328I

I have a 2013 F30 with HK system. I just bought the Grom Wirelinq cable. That allows me to plug my android phone (Note 4) into the USB port and control it with the Idrive. I can play music, spotify, etc. It works great. Only problem is, it shows it's charging but my phone will go completely dead after less than an hour driving. I'm also using a new battery. I can see the battery percentage dropping as I drive, with the charging indicator on. Mine stays connected, rock solid, just not getting enough juice to make a difference. I even tried dimming my screen and turning on power saving mode.

The reason I want a wired connection for my music is it sounds MUCH better than playing it through Bluetooth. Only problem is I use my phone for Nav, and when it dies, I'm lost.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 06:47 AM   #51
Xawesm
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryo91 View Post
Anyone got a solution? Bumping an old old thread.

I'm gonna try buying this cable seeing if it works (Doubt it)

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerLi...ightning+cable
So the issue is that it fights to provide power between bluetooth and USB. The USB is limited at 500w power so it's not adequate for the phone from the start. For your phone to work properly you need to have bluetooth off ON THE PHONE. From there, the cable should work fine for the most part. There are still times where I have to unplug the cable and re-plug once or twice, but once it's working, there are no issues. Its almost as if the car needs time to provide the power properly to the USB. Not to mention, its limited at 500w power so it's not adequate for the phone. I don't plug it in immediately, maybe like a minute or so after turning on the car.
Appreciate 0