F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Help! Did I blow my fuse block?
Vorsteiner

09-12-2018, 01:29 AM   #1
Merlins Beard
Rep
Drives: 428i M Sport

Help! Did I blow my fuse block?

Hey guys,

2014 F36 428i GC m-sport

As I was hardwiring my external battery pack and dash cam via the fuse box, I was using a fuse tap to tap into fuse 155. That fuse seems to be associated with the radio (see diagram).

In my fuse tap, as instructed, I put the original 15 amp fuse in the bottom slot and a 10 amp fuse in the top slot going to the add-on wire. The external battery I am wiring to draws 9amps so I should be fine there. When I turned the car on, I was watching the fuse block and I saw what looked like the fuse blowing, but when I looked closer, both fuses were still in tact. Hmm, I thought. That was weird. I put them back in and now seemed to be getting no power to those fuses.

So I removed all my add-a-circuit business and put everything back to stock with original fuses. Then I got my multimeter and tested the fuses. Neither side of the 154 or 155 fuse was giving me 12v power with the car on or off... and now, when I use the radio, the sound is way off. Everything works per se, but the sound is just lackluster and weird sounding... (For reference, it's the Harman Kardon system and normally sounds awesome!)

My question is.. what do I do? How do I test what's wrong? What could have happened? And why the hell did that happen?!

:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 04:44 PM   #2
Merlins Beard
Rep
Drives: 428i M Sport

bump
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 12:50 AM   #3
Almaretto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Coded '16 F10/F15 MSport

The radio sounds awesome? I have my doubts.

Fuses are inexpensive and can easily be replaced.
Appreciate 0