F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Saving your 'setup' before using E-sys
Extreme Powerhouse

12-12-2013, 05:53 AM   #1
SimonB
135 to 335 M Sport to X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 30d, optioned up!

Saving your 'setup' before using E-sys

Hi guys, what's the best way to save your cars 'as shipped' config before you start coding?
      12-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
Hi guys, what's the best way to save your cars 'as shipped' config before you start coding?
Simply save a copy of your Vehicle Order (FA), and you can VO code any ECU back to it's original settings.

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
SimonB
135 to 335 M Sport to X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 30d, optioned up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Simply save a copy of your Vehicle Order (FA), and you can VO code any ECU back to it's original settings.
Thanks Shawn, so if I do that, I don't have to reverse the couple of minor changes I have made already? I'll try and work out how to do that today, but be ready for some silly questions.

I did try to find out how to do it, to avoid , but couldn't at a quick look. I will look through the PDF's in the pack you sent me though.
      12-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
Thanks Shawn, so if I do that, I don't have to reverse the couple of minor changes I have made already? I'll try and work out how to do that today, but be ready for some silly questions.

I did try to find out how to do it, to avoid , but couldn't at a quick look. I will look through the PDF's in the pack you sent me though.
Just Read FA, and hit the Save button.

If you never modify your VO and write it to the car, then you don't even need it. You would just read original FA from car, and VO code ECU's to reset them.

If you modify FA and write it to the car, then you would need to load the backed up original FA, and VO Code ECU's to reset them.

VO Code:

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Right-Click on ECU (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0