F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Fuse Box Location F30 335i Jan 2013 build.
ARMA SPEED

11-23-2019, 03:48 AM   #23
MarkLach
Registered
Rep
Drives: suzuki

I thought they would all be in the same place, maybe the in car manual might indicate it.

--------------
bolero on road price
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 10:01 PM   #24
JohnCena123
Rep
Drives: F30 320d 2012

Which one is the starter motor fuse in f30 320d 2012 model car and where is it located? Need help as the car is stranded!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 02:50 AM   #25
Garth2079
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 Comp Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Help!

Does anyone know the location of the fuse box(es) in a Jan build 2013 335i?

I've been searching around the car (and the internet) and have deduced that the fuse box:
is not in the upper left corner of the engine bay,
is not next to the battery and
is not located in the boot under the floor mat (my model has well for storing secret bits and pieces where other cars seem to have the fuse box located).
Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread.
My 2012 F30 335i with N55 has developed a problem where the coolant pump runs continuously, even if the engine is room temperature, until the battery is 100% flat. If anyone knows the solution, please comment! But in the meantime, I thought it would be easier to pull the pump fuse when parked than to disconnect the battery. The problem is, I can't find the right fuse.

First issue is that the car is Australian (RHD) and 95% of info is for LHD cars.
Second issue is that the N55 takes up more space than the 2 litre engine which means the fuse bays have moved.

I found one fuse bay under the bonnet on the left (passenger in Australia) side. It is rectangular and I found a corresponding diagram numbered up to 53 on a website. For ID purposes, it has 3 x green fuses on the left and 2 x green and 4 x yellow on the right (plus plenty of others). That diagram states fuse 16 runs "Coolant pump, Air-conditioning compressor, Additional water pump". However, when I pull that fuse, the pump keeps running.

I found another fuse bay under the mat in the boot, next to the Combox. That has no relevant fuses.

I found another above the battery. Again, I don't think it is relevant

I checked in the engine bay on the right (driver's side) behind the POS battery jump connector, under the cover, and there is an expansion tank there. No fuse board. I checked twice, there's no way I missed it.

I found mention of "Fuse and relay box in engine compartment (type 2)." on a website which shows "Fuse 7 50A Coolant Pump". I'd like to pull that one, but can't find its location anywhere. I'm pretty sure that's the one I need since I know the pump draws around 40A.

The fuse diagram only mention fuses 1 to 7 (20A/20A/10A/15A/20A/40A/50A) and "R1 DDE main relay".

Can anyone with knowledge of the RHD F30 with N55 engine suggest anywhere else to look? I have heard mention of a glove box fuse board, but surely this would be easy to access?

I'm shameless pinging SteveAus since you have been through this in the past. Did you locate any other fuse locations?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0