F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Help Tuning LC2i and Sub
ARMA SPEED

07-24-2019, 09:58 PM   #1
justdoitmikey
Rep
Drives: 2010 335I

Help Tuning LC2i and Sub

I’m looking for some help with how to setup the LC2i to run a trunk sub on the HK system or top HiFi 688. I have everything working but have always been confused by all the tweaking BMW does with the sound without your knowledge.

So what I have is the LC2i connected to Technic harness via 2 channels. This then feeds my JL amp and sub setup via RCA. The LC2i gets signal from one of the fuses in the trunk that only has power when the car is running and then the LC2i sends remote turn on to the sub. I have the RCA’s connected to the normal output on the LC2i not the accubass output. I have the knob on the LC2i for main turned almost all the way down (not sure if this is right). I assume the Accubass knob does nothing since I’m not using the Accubass output. And I don’t understand what the bass knob does or of it needs to be messed with? On my amp I have the gain knob turned up maybe a little over 1/2 way.

As I mentioned everything works And I do get good bass but it seems like song to song and at different volume levels I have to tweak the sub remote level control to get the base to be at the right level. Maybe this is all normal and I’m being crazy but I’m looking for some other input from you guys.

Question 1 - Does anything about the way I have this setup sound wrong?
Question 2 - What does the bass knob on the LC2i do, does it do anything since I’m not using the Accubass stuff?
Question 3 - I know the bass isn’t going to hit the same on every song but I do feel like my wife’s Dodge Dart played strong bass no matter what the volume and song and I just feel like the BMW isn’t doing the same. So am I missing something?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 04:35 AM   #2
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
If you want to be able to adjust your sub bass while on the fly - get a JL Remote Bass Control installed:

https://www.amazon.com/JL-Audio-RBC1...06491581&psc=1

I actually have Technic new LOC-X replacement for the LC2i that has this remote knob incorporated

https://technicpnp.com/product/logic...harness-wlocx/
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 07:02 AM   #3
justdoitmikey
Rep

Yes I do have the remote knob. I did more reading last night and I think the thought I have is that the sub bass volume doesn’t match the car audio volume at all levels. It seems like at louder volume levels the bass is strong and matches well with the car audio but when the volume is turned down it almost seems like the sub turns down more than the volume meaning the sub gets very quiet in comparison to the car audio. But then if you turn the remote knob up so the base is back in line with the car audio it’s way too loud if you turn the volume back up. Not sure if I’m explaining all that well...
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 06:35 PM   #4
justdoitmikey
Rep

Got it figured out for anyone else who stumbles on this post. After watching YouTube stuff the direction is to turn the LOC output up high and turn the sub gain low which seemed to fix the issue with no bass at lower volumes. I think I was choking the signal at the LOC and then there just wasn’t anything for the sub to amplify when playing with the gain.
Appreciate 0