F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > So many error codes!
ARMA SPEED

03-15-2023, 11:16 PM   #1
ThatLennyBoi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30

So many error codes!

I scanned my BMW F30 and i"m surprised how much error codes i have!

Error codes:

804033: ZSG game protection: wake-up inputs blocked
804080: Ignition on: startability endangered
8040B9: Deactivation of terminal 30B: OSFG reached
8040BB: KI30B active: start capability limit reached or KI. 30B active for a long time
8040BD: Terminal 30F reset or shutdown
8041A8: Welcome light repeat lock active
8041BF: Signal from the rain sensor implausible
804261: Outside mirror undervoltage
804262: Exterior mirror (Lin): fold in repeat lock active
8042C6: Interior lighting output 6 has a short circuit
D90C10: LIN Master F: No communication
D90D0D: Right exterior mirror (LIN): Missing LIN slave
D90D16: Control unit light (BEL), (LIN): wrong variant installed
D90D26: Inside mirror: Missing LIN slave
D90D29: RLS (LIN slave): Missing LIN slave
D90D38: Indoor light unit (ILE): Missing LIN slave

Can somone please help and tell me what is going on?
i figured the interior light (dome light) which i retro fitted is acting weird when ignition is off but i also retrofitted the alarm system as well as the mirror and folding mirrors everything works with no issues but these error codes are driving me nut and the interior dome light as well

i hope someone can finally help me with this because i'm trying to reach for help since November...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 04:55 AM   #2
im_an_alien
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

It's the coding. LIN errors will pop up if a retrofit is not completely coded is, ie there is a module in the car that is seeing something it's not expecting because it's not supposed to be there, or vice versa. While everything is working as it should you still have some work with the coding.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 12:39 PM   #3
agentorange
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328d

Sounds like the system is seeing a current draw or some kind of signal induced by whatever it was you fitted.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 05:54 PM   #4
ThatLennyBoi
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_an_alien View Post
It's the coding. LIN errors will pop up if a retrofit is not completely coded is, ie there is a module in the car that is seeing something it's not expecting because it's not supposed to be there, or vice versa. While everything is working as it should you still have some work with the coding.
Thank you so much for replying! I had a small feeling it would be a coding issue, i retrofitted the entire light package. All works fine but the dome light stays on and stuck on the part when you open the door it shines a map light on your seat. Closing and locking the door makes the light not going out and this only happens when the car ignition is fully off so if it's coding then there is some coding missing in the lock/unlock section, same goes for the folding and auto dimming mirrors and alarm system etc. Those do work without weird behavior but the dome light does act weird.

Do you perhaps know what i need to look at for coding? The car obviously does not recognize the parts installed but how do i make it recognize it?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 06:22 PM   #5
im_an_alien
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

I've only done minor retrofits with only one or two LIN errors that were easy to track down. You did an entire lighting package retrofit, the errors will take a while to track down unless you find someone who has done the same thing. ISTA is a great tool for pinpointing faults too. From the first 3 or 4 codes you're getting looks like there may be some battery drain. Good luck...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 06:42 PM   #6
ThatLennyBoi
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_an_alien View Post
I've only done minor retrofits with only one or two LIN errors that were easy to track down. You did an entire lighting package retrofit, the errors will take a while to track down unless you find someone who has done the same thing. ISTA is a great tool for pinpointing faults too. From the first 3 or 4 codes you're getting looks like there may be some battery drain. Good luck...
The only thing that has weird behavior is the dome light. Should be easy to track down no? The RLS was originally a SBSS one only and changed it to a RLSBS that was my first retrofit, so with ISTA i'll be able to find out and fix these issues? I don't have a new obd 2 yet to try it out. The battery is on it's way out, i know this without a doubt. Left the car too long in the garage a time also drained it too many times in a row. So that will need replacing soon. It's weird that everything else works fine and like it should, it's the dome light that bothers me especially at night when i have to press the start button each time i just needed to get something out of my car.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2023, 01:15 PM   #7
PedroRios
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320i f30

How to remove the light error of the angel eyes burned from the panel? I removed the lights and would like to stay without them and without the error in the panel, via bimmercode...
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2023, 01:55 PM   #8
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Don't tag onto an old thread, start a new one.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 03:10 PM   #9
manidm
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 320D F30

2013 BMW 320D F30 won't start/crank

I just bought this beamer from copart and in the description it said the car was a runner which is not.
I tried starting the car and there was no sign of life expect the interior lights and the little monitor in the speedometer saying that the bonnet is open.
I have replaced the battery and still nothing so I decided to use my code reader and this is what I got:

274900 Digital diesel electronics (DDE) main relay: relay switches off too early or undervoltage

8040A9 START/STOP button hall sensor: incorrect operation (Oblique pressure)

8040B9 Deactivation of terminal 30B: top startability limit reached

8040BD reset or deactivation of terminal 30F

I have no idea what these codes are trying to say. I NEED HELP PAHAHA
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2024, 06:49 PM   #10
jjjccc
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw f30 335i sedan

how do we know whats draining if all we get is - a device is connected to 30,30f,or batt? doesnt say what it is but i have nothing connected to these or retrofitted.
Appreciate 0