F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Ecs 70a trans mounts anyone?
ARMA SPEED

03-22-2021, 12:02 AM   #1
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep
Drives: Alpine white 2014 335i msport

Anyone running Ecs 70a trans mounts on the zf8? Getting ready to do new engine mounts with vtt plates, and throwing around the idea of upgrading the trans mounts, drivetrain play is creeping in on stock mounts.

Plan to go solid subframe mounts soon and a diff lock down plate from BMS but would like to start with engine and trans.

Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 06:51 PM   #2
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

I'll be the test subject, ordered, will install the following weekend once received, anyone reading this; can we raise the idle on these cars?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 07:10 PM   #3
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussiwillow View Post
can we raise the idle on these cars?
I think it can only be done via a software change (i.e., custom tune, and not something like an idle screw).
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 07:31 PM   #4
frchdragon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Are you using your car on the track ofen Pussiwillow ?
solid sub frame mounts introduce a wide range of diff noises inside the car.

Urethane mounts aren't too bad but sometimes they fail.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 07:36 PM   #5
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Quote:
can we raise the idle on these cars?
I think it can only be done via a software change (i.e., custom tune, and not something like an idle screw).
I'm not around the car right now, I have mhd but never looked to see if it was doable there, google didn't bring much up; I'll check things later if I end up needing to, maybe through inpa.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 07:41 PM   #6
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frchdragon View Post
Are you using your car on the track ofen Pussiwillow ?
solid sub frame mounts introduce a wide range of diff noises inside the car.

Urethane mounts aren't too bad but sometimes they fail.
This is just being turned slowly into a high power street machine, may see some track use if I change out oil pan and pick up.
I had an e36 I built from the ground up, full suspension and chassis, engine build and swap, etc etc, sort of longing for the planted feel again, this car is wayyyy too plush and floaty for what I want, it's my third car I got to have fun with.

Solid subframe and 95a diff mounts were what I used in the e36 and it was perfect, 95 a engine and trans mount with chassis mount shifter, I'm used to a little more NVH than the average LOL
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 09:26 PM   #7
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

UPDATE:
Mounts are in
They don't vibrate much at idle, you can hear ever so slight rattle, very faint; but when you drive you can hear the transmission doing transmission things, as well as ALOT more engine noise in the cabin, this is my project high performance street car and this thing feels light years better on and off the throttle, pretty noisy but I feel it's worth it; comfort mode isn't bad at all
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-01-2021, 09:39 AM   #8
Eschmacher
Car Hypochondriac
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport Estoril Blue

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Damn. Well that's probably it for me then. I might just try a new set of stock mounts or see how 034 does with their rubber ones.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 10:59 AM   #9
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschmacher View Post
Damn. Well that's probably it for me then. I might just try a new set of stock mounts or see how 034 does with their rubber ones.
The car is a whole different feeling on the mounts; but it comes with a lot of engine and trans noise; vibrations are very low imo, just sounds like a damn banshee in the cabin when you get on it lol. I'm gonna do a long trip this weekend and break them in; and report back of anything I feel, go with rogue trans mounts if you want something better than stock but not gonna rattle you.
I think they're a 55a rubber bushing
Very good mount; I dunno if they list fitment as f3x but they're all the same at this point and would work fine having seen the mounts; I ran them in my e36, rubber version of what I put in last night

Wife hasn't been in the car yet, she's probably gonna say something so I may swap to rogue if she complains too much, I hate when my dishwasher makes a whining noise ...
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 02:15 PM   #10
Eschmacher
Car Hypochondriac
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport Estoril Blue

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
The car is a whole different feeling on the mounts; but it comes with a lot of engine and trans noise; vibrations are very low imo, just sounds like a damn banshee in the cabin when you get on it lol. I'm gonna do a long trip this weekend and break them in; and report back of anything I feel, go with rogue trans mounts if you want something better than stock but not gonna rattle you.
Very good mount; I dunno if they list fitment as f3x but they're all the same at this point and would work fine having seen the mounts; I ran them in my e36, rubber version of what I put in last night

Wife hasn't been in the car yet, she's probably gonna say something so I may swap to rogue if she complains too much, I hate when my dishwasher makes a whining noise ...

Get a vid of the current noises if you can, I'm kinda curious. Is it just straight cut gear noises?
Interior: Bavsound stage 1 and subs - custom trunk sub by Mike1327
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 03:57 PM   #11
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschmacher View Post
Quote:

Get a vid of the current noises if you can, I'm kinda curious. Is it just straight cut gear noises?
The camera doesn't really pick it up, it's more gear noise and clunks etc, you can hear when you switch to park and drive etc. you can hear literally everything; it's more engine noise than anything honestly
Pm your email or something and I'll send the video I took last night
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 08:51 PM   #12
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

Here's the rogue mounts for anyone interested, i may grab these just to try them and review it for y'all, I may run cups on them as well; I'm gonna run the Ecs for awhile first

https://www.rogueengineering.com/Rog...nts_p_137.html
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 11:42 PM   #13
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

Diff brace installed
Going on trip tomorrow, will report back how everything has held up and settled!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 06:57 PM   #14
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

Update
Diff brace definitely tightens the rear up, it doesn't feel "swimmy" on the throttle very minimal noise and really no extra vibrations must a lot more planted I guess, another update, the trans mounts are amazing but annoyingly too stiff for commuting on highway, a lot of harmonics between 2-3k rpm unless you're really in the throttle, I ordered e21 mounts with aluminum cups from Akg to try. Solid rubber with deflection cups.

https://www.akgmotorsport.com/produc...e92-e93-z3-z4/
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 02:02 PM   #15
GAB0
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Msport

Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2021, 02:10 PM   #16
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

No worries
Was coming to update today and will again later
Got the Akg e21 mounts with cups yesterday and going to try to get them in tonight and will report back
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 10:02 PM   #17
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

They're in, they require modification to fit, the studs require 1mm approx drilling of the lower trans cross member as well as removing the alignment pins and filing 1mm approx of the upper trans bracket forks.
Rogue mounts you do not need to. Something to consider, however e21 mounts are beefier, and easily replaceable at a lower cost, either way, on to the good.

So these are much more planted than stock, they definitely feel sturdy and solid under load, side to side on and off the throttle. Hardly any vibrations with the cups, I would say 80% as solid atleast, as the poly mounts with 10% -15% of the NVH.

Anyone could jump in the car and never notice NVH or comment on it, feels really nice when you get on the throttle, keeps things planted, this is 110% what I was looking for and more than pleased with yet another AKG product.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 10:05 PM   #18
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

To add
You can buy rogue mounts, I don't think they require any type of modification since they run stock sized studs, and I believe they have the alignment notch in them already, you can buy akg cups and fit them on I believe, I didn't want to mess with it, I like the larger studs and the cup made for the e21 mounts as a package deal, honestly so pleased with this, wife said the car feels perfect, dishwasher approved!
Appreciate 0