F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > No GPS / Messages after atm retrofit
ARMA SPEED

11-20-2022, 04:33 PM   #1
HoosierDaddy20
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Luxury Li

No GPS / Messages after atm retrofit

Hello all,

I know there is millions of threads about this topic and Ive tried to do my due diligence to go through all of them but have not found a solution that works.

I recently retrofitted a matching nbt evo + atm and I am experiencing an issue where I cannot receive messages from BMW (apart from a single message for activating connected drive services after disconnecting the kcan filter at front and rear and swapping them and rebooting) along with other things like RTTI.
I am not convinced the Evo is coded correctly as my vin is blank and the head unit says connected services are not available for this vehicle.

So a few questions:

What is the proper procedure to reload FSC codes from the donor VIN? (I have purchased a fsc kit but am not sure what to do with it, google is not very helpful. I have tried to add them to a usb and insert them in the center console usb, but only get a notification on the display saying connect with correct activation code.)

the Evo can only be detected in esys under VCM, not via Read ECU - What does this indicate?

Does the KCAN filter need to be removed on the EVO to properly vo / fdl code?

Is shield required on the OABR connector? (I created my own cable from shielded ethernet patch cable and connected the shield on both ends, but have seen online where people do not practice this.)

For the donor FA, do I need to completely create a new FA from decoding their vin, model code and other applicable values? Or can I use my FA but just change the longvin?

Other notes:
  • Using ISTA, the ATM reports that signal quality for cellular is 5 out of 5.
  • Only logged error codes are WLAN aerial disconnection and GPS short to B+ (which in turn throws the sos error code.)
  • Call functionality to roadside assistance / bmw assist works correctly.
  • Navigation says loading on the idrive main menu, but both original and donor came with 609.
  • GPS is connected to the factory fakra connector and *should* work without issue as it worked fine on my factory NBT HU w/ TCB.
  • Donor car is a 2018 F80 M3 and my vehicle is a 2014 F30 328xi.
  • NBT Evo is on factory istep, has not been flashed / updated.
  • I used the NBT evo for a few days with carplay coded to my native vin before i installed the atm because i was waiting on 2 kcan filters from china.
  • Remote functionality works through mybmw app. GPS says it is disabled in app.

I apologize for the lengthy thread and I appreciate any help or insight provided.
Appreciate 0