F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Playlists not showing up on iDrive?
proTUNING Freaks

08-02-2015, 10:13 PM   #1
bimmerb0y
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2012 328i

Playlists not showing up on iDrive?

Ok so I recently got a 2012 BMW 328i and whenever I want to look at the playlists on my iPhone 4 (my iPhone 4 has iO8 if that means anything) on the iDrive, it just keeps saying "getting playlists" or "finding playlists" something along those lines, and it never loads. It's weird because all my music shows up and I can even search through my iPhone's music library using the iDrive. I updated my iDrive software and it still didn't work. Even when I use my iPhone 6 the playlists don't show up on the iDrive either, but the rest of my music does.

It's kind of frustrating because my dad's 2014 BMW 535i loads all the playlists on his iDrive when I use my iPhone 4 or my iPhone 6. I feel like it could just be a software thing mainly because my dad's is the more updated iDrive system with the touch knob.

I've searched through the forums but can't find out why my playlists wont load. If anybody else has had this problem or figured it out that would be awesome.

Additional Info: My BMW has the tech/bluetooth and navigation package and it's running MX-003.005.004 for multimedia and TX-003.005.008 for telephone if that helps.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 11:35 PM   #2
M47
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328 xDrive

Happened to me too. Waited for ~15 minutes and still says finding playlist. Also, do you guys notice that we can only get the cover of the album if you play music through USB cable and aux? when I stream through bluetooth, the display only shows the song title, doesn't show the cover.

Last edited by M47; 08-03-2015 at 02:05 AM..
Appreciate 0