F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > iDrive Display activates on bluetooth audio from external navigation
ARMA SPEED

08-23-2017, 03:53 PM   #1
Trimrol
Registered
Rep
Drives: Fxx

iDrive Display activates on bluetooth audio from external navigation

Hi,
Great to join this forum!
F30 here is of quite rudimentary equipment, no navigation, standard audio and bluetooth.
External navigation on my smartphone is used with its audio connected to F30's board speakers using BT.
The majority of time one is traveling with iDrive screen dimmed out as few interesting points had been found in menu tree and those found are not used in continuous fashion.
Smartphone is resting in pocket or bag out of driver's field of view while serving as navigation as audio announcements are sufficient enough.
One observation was made in this regard, every time an announcement from navi is coming from smartphone through BT to F30's board audio speaker paths the iDrive display is switching its state from dimmed to active.
That time indication on display is like it was a phone call.

Is this a standard behaviour? Any chance to disable it? As I prefer to keep display in the state the user has put it recently to until contrary decision is made by user.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 02:11 PM   #2
Trimrol
Registered
Rep
Drives: Fxx

Under small investigation it was possible to see that described behavior depends on bluetooth settings of used external (smartphone-based) navi solution, to be more accurate on its audio/BT settings. On my device several navi solutions are installed. It was to be figured out that initially each was set to BT differently. One showed described behaviour, another one not.

The point is as following: If navi app on external device connected to F30 speaker paths through BT is set to auto or default BT the iDrive display does not go from off to active on navi voice announcements.
If external navi app is set to always-BT described behavior is reproducible. For me issue is solved with this.
Appreciate 0