F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
Studio RSR

06-05-2020, 04:06 PM   #2289
jsn1
Enlisted Member
Mexico
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 F26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goders420d View Post
Great got the scroll working now thanks. Any ideas on the wireless set up? Tried diconnecting and reconnecting the Wi-Fi ariel a few times but nothing.
Glad it’s working.

You have to pair Bluetooth, then WiFi auto-connects.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 04:07 PM   #2290
jsn1
Enlisted Member
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG-inFlaNow View Post
OK, so again forgive my ignorance...when new updates come out, how are they installed? Is this only via laptop and cable or are there other methods for an idiot like me?
You download the update to a USB drive and then connect it to the USB port on the media harness.
Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4493.50
      06-05-2020, 05:01 PM   #2291
Goders420d
Rep
Drives: Bmw 420d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsn1 View Post
Glad it’s working.

You have to pair Bluetooth, then WiFi auto-connects.
Sadly Wifi not working for me at all on iphone or android. Also finding the unit quite clunky and unstable. Hoping i can sort the issues as currently thinking it wasnt worth the upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 07:07 PM   #2292
jsn1
Enlisted Member
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Sadly Wifi not working for me at all on iphone or android. Also finding the unit quite clunky and unstable. Hoping i can sort the issues as currently thinking it wasnt worth the upgrade.
I just installed my unit yesterday and find it to work very good, obviously it's not better than having it OEM but for the price I find it does a very good job.

Verify your antenna is plugged in correctly and change channel config in your menu, I found that my home router was broadcasting on channel 36 and the device was also on channel 36. When I was home it wouldn't connect or connect but audio would be spotty at is best.

Changed to channel 6 and problem solved, it doesn't connect every time automatically but found that deleting BMW bluetooth pairing helps a lot.

Does it work fine over cable? What other problems are you having?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 10:50 PM   #2293
623baller
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80

does connecting throguh wire for carplay make the car route call through idrive or still with mmi box? asking specifically for andream unit
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 11:30 PM   #2294
Mollyran
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 220i

Question about sound.
1. On AA the music volume is much lower vs BT+Original system
2. I remember that before installing the MMI, the Front speakers were more pronounced and now most of the sound is comming from the back speakers (I have HK sound system)
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 11:46 PM   #2295
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollyran View Post
Question about sound.
1. On AA the music volume is much lower vs BT+Original system
2. I remember that before installing the MMI, the Front speakers were more pronounced and now most of the sound is comming from the back speakers (I have HK sound system)
I have the iDrive Aux Volume set to 10 and the MMI volume at the default 17 setting and never noticed a difference between IDrive music volume and the MMI.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 11:51 PM   #2296
jsn1
Enlisted Member
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by calle14 View Post
Which unit did you get?
Carlinkit. Radio is NBT 8.8. As far as I’ve tested, everything works fine.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 01:09 AM   #2297
Goders420d
Rep

Quote:
I just installed my unit yesterday and find it to work very good, obviously it's not better than having it OEM but for the price I find it does a very good job.

Verify your antenna is plugged in correctly and change channel config in your menu, I found that my home router was broadcasting on channel 36 and the device was also on channel 36. When I was home it wouldn't connect or connect but audio would be spotty at is best.

Changed to channel 6 and problem solved, it doesn't connect every time automatically but found that deleting BMW bluetooth pairing helps a lot.

Does it work fine over cable? What other problems are you having?

Ok thanks ill give that a try this morning, it does work via cable, but only seems to recognise it sometimes and not others. I took it all back out completely last night and returned the car to oem but will have another go this morning.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 01:40 AM   #2298
jsn1
Enlisted Member
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Ok thanks ill give that a try this morning, it does work via cable, but only seems to recognise it sometimes and not others. I took it all back out completely last night and returned the car to oem but will have another go this morning.
Yes, it can be spotty sometimes. Sometimes it auto-starts when the phone is plugged. Sometimes it does not. When that happens press 8 for a 3 or 4 seconds and it’ll enter the CarPlay screen. Once I get there, everything works flawlessly.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 04:23 AM   #2299
yulian
Private
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 3.0d 2014

Wow guys!

First of all thank you for this thread!

Lack of information about this units is incredible - I still don't now why guys from china can't make a simple page with firmware updates, changelog and feedback form to be kinda customer oriented ))...

I'm using Carlinkit version of this unit, and it's firmware right now is: 9.1.7 MCU 19.12.2.13, yep very OLD)). Guy from China just sent me 9.2.5, but without MCU.

Which MCU for my unit is better right now, latest from first page MCU 20.1.4? Or there is a better option? I'm using Android phone and Android auto of course.

Thank you in advance for a reply! )
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 11:06 AM   #2300
Goders420d
Rep

Quote:
Yes, it can be spotty sometimes. Sometimes it auto-starts when the phone is plugged. Sometimes it does not. When that happens press 8 for a 3 or 4 seconds and it’ll enter the CarPlay screen. Once I get there, everything works flawlessly.
Thanks for your help on this, but still no luck with a wireless connection. The unit is working and is broadcasting an excellent wireless signal but my phone doesn't seem to talk to it.

Could it be software of the mmi? Or are there any phone settings i need to change.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 11:51 AM   #2301
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulian View Post
Wow guys!

First of all thank you for this thread!

Lack of information about this units is incredible - I still don't now why guys from china can't make a simple page with firmware updates, changelog and feedback form to be kinda customer oriented ))...

I'm using Carlinkit version of this unit, and it's firmware right now is: 9.1.7 MCU 19.12.2.13, yep very OLD)). Guy from China just sent me 9.2.5, but without MCU.

Which MCU for my unit is better right now, latest from first page MCU 20.1.4? Or there is a better option? I'm using Android phone and Android auto of course.

Thank you in advance for a reply! )
The 20.1.4 mcu has been the best on my Carlinkit. There is no lag with that mcu.

MCU v20.5.9 is the latest for Carlinkit. My Carlinkit seller sent it to me...said that he obtained it from the factory. However it is laggy so I have stuck with v20.1.4.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 12:02 PM   #2302
0lliem
Rep
Drives: 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-m4n View Post
Andream told me they are looking into the idrive tilt skip function, i sent them a video explanation a couple of weeks ago, haven't heard yet and really hope they implement this basic feature.

For now you can use the left/right arrows in the radio (those next to number 8).

This was a key feature for me so for now I went back to an old bimmertech firmware that allows the skip function via idrive.
So my idive controller tilt works fine, however i have no steering wheel and radio skip buttons.
Appreciate 1
x-m4n148.00
      06-06-2020, 01:15 PM   #2303
Goders420d
Rep

Finally fixed all my connection issues, it seems it was actually my phone causing the issue.

One thing i cant seem to do though is turn down just the navigation volume, it is far too loud over the music. Even if i turn it down whilst the instruction is spoken it just turns the entire volume down. Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 08:08 PM   #2304
Mollyran
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
I have the iDrive Aux Volume set to 10 and the MMI volume at the default 17 setting and never noticed a difference between IDrive music volume and the MMI.
Aux Volume dose not change anything in my case, it can be 0 or 20 and there is no difference.

Any one here manage to get night mode on AA Waze ? I mean Auto day/night mode I can only change through developers settings to use night or day but the other two option, car or phone control dose not seem to effect anything (always on day mode).

Last edited by Mollyran; 06-06-2020 at 09:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 09:00 PM   #2305
Mollyran
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

One thing i cant seem to do though is turn down just the navigation volume, it is far too loud over the music. Even if i turn it down whilst the instruction is spoken it just turns the entire volume down. Any thoughts?
If you are using waze, go to settings - Voice & Sound menu and lower the volume level.
Same thing on google maps settings.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 01:43 AM   #2306
Goders420d
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollyran View Post
If you are using waze, go to settings - Voice & Sound menu and lower the volume level.
Same thing on google maps settings.
Got it thanks, im struggling with auto day/night mode too but i believe this is more to do with android settings than specific to our mmi.

Last edited by Goders420d; 06-07-2020 at 02:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 05:39 AM   #2307
CARR601
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d F30

Quote:
Got it thanks, im struggling with auto day/night mode too but i believe this is more to do with android settings than specific to our mmi.
Mine used to auto switch when I was on Android 9 but as soon as I switched to 10 it appears that the day/night is linked to the darkmode theme on the phone itself. So if it's in darkmode the maps are always night, where if it's using a normal theme it's always day. So annoying.

In the meantime I'm using the tasker app from the playstore on my phone to auto switch darkmode at sunset and sunrise. Seems to be work so far. Added bonus is my phone now switches to dark mode at night, with all the supported apps following suit.

Edit: I'm using a OnePlus 5t and my Andream box versions are what they were when I bought it. I bought it October last year so I'm using very early versions with no support for day/night via the lights on the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 06:07 AM   #2308
clioturbo
Registered
Rep
Drives: F48

Andream BMW_NBT

Hi all.

My Andream unit comes with CUST VERS V.2.1.0.1.lc.b

Why do I have LC instead of GPE like others?

Can I update with posted GPE files?

Thank folks.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 09:54 AM   #2309
Mollyran
Private First Class
Rep

Not sure if it's the unit (Carlink) or just AA but the user experience so far has been disappointing.
1. AA sometimes just crash and would not reconnect unless I restart the phone.
2. How can you answer a call while you are using different app - call display on the popup?
3. Wireless AA is not 100% responsive and scrolling through songs is slower than iDrive. Music sometimes freez for a sec in the middle of a song.
4. The answer is CarPlay? Is it really more fluid (on wireless connection)?
5. It seems like Goole don't care much about AA.
6. Auto start for AA? I always have to wait and than click to confirm.

Last edited by Mollyran; 06-07-2020 at 01:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 01:24 PM   #2310
jsn1
Enlisted Member
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
There is a setting on the interface menu, there is volume and a second option labeled as “alter audio”. I found this setting to be the notifications, voices and ringtone volume. Modified this one and volume is now fine.
Appreciate 0