F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > F30/F31 LED adaptive headlights blackline
proTUNING Freaks

05-05-2020, 01:33 PM   #1
fernisatree
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 S4 Avant, F80 M3, F31 328d

F30/F31 LED adaptive headlights blackline

Hello,

I have a US spec 2016 F31 wagon that already has adaptive headlights. I have sourced a cheap pair of ECE spec black line adaptive headlights. I searched extensively if anyone has previously performed this swap and have come up empty handed. So far i know the turn signal module is different but other than that the modules should be swappable according to realOEM.com. I am curious if the GFHB will work with the ECE headlights. I have had success on a F80 LCI with swapping out US spec headlights with ECE headlights.

My last concern is the part numbers. The headlights both look identical but have different part number sequences that are not in any part directory online. On side is 7492616 and the other side is 8739565. I am worried that one of them might be a RHD model but can't find anything about it online. Can someone look these up in a BMW system to see what comes up?

I will not be able to perform this swap until possibly July this year but i want to get ahead of this before i leave Europe back to the US to perform the swap.

Thanks for the help ahead of time.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 08:23 PM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernisatree View Post
Hello,

I have a US spec 2016 F31 wagon that already has adaptive headlights. I have sourced a cheap pair of ECE spec black line adaptive headlights. I searched extensively if anyone has previously performed this swap and have come up empty handed. So far i know the turn signal module is different but other than that the modules should be swappable according to realOEM.com. I am curious if the GFHB will work with the ECE headlights. I have had success on a F80 LCI with swapping out US spec headlights with ECE headlights.

My last concern is the part numbers. The headlights both look identical but have different part number sequences that are not in any part directory online. On side is 7492616 and the other side is 8739565. I am worried that one of them might be a RHD model but can't find anything about it online. Can someone look these up in a BMW system to see what comes up?

I will not be able to perform this swap until possibly July this year but i want to get ahead of this before i leave Europe back to the US to perform the swap.

Thanks for the help ahead of time.
Pics of label on both sides
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 02:12 PM   #3
fernisatree
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 S4 Avant, F80 M3, F31 328d

see resized images below, thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0