F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 2015 bmw F30 335i xdrive, engine start/stop, comfort access stopped working
Studio RSR

07-08-2020, 02:04 AM   #1
AKSTERZ
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-spec

Angry 2015 bmw F30 335i xdrive, engine start/stop, comfort access stopped working

Hello guys, I have recently purchased a 2015 bmw F30 335i xdrive m-spec
The car has 75,000kms on it, when I purchased the car there was nothing wrong with it, clean title and awesome clean running engine (still is)
It had the top of the line sport interior with the lumbar support (black color) , but I love the red interior so I found a salvage part out 2018 F30 328 with the sport seats in red, so I Bought the interior and did an interior swap ( all seats, door panels, center console, and I also swapped the climate control until to the new gloss black one) after the swap I got an airbag light and “driver side restraint system” fault, expected that one, I did use my own seatbelt tensioners from my black seats just incase since the salvage car was involved in an accident, no airbag was deployed from the seats or anything. But after the swap I had couple of things go wrong other than the airbag light..
1-My comfort access stopped working (key comfort access still works, doors and windows go up and down with the key) but the door handle and the sensor on it do not unlock the car or lock .. I got “comfort access limited” alert pop up couple of times, could i have forgotten to plug something in properly in the center console unit ? I am not sure what to do about this since I don’t know if any cables in the gear or center console or rear climate control units have any cables to do with the comfort access
2- the engine start/stop feature just stopped working, everything is normal, AC runs on battery when I am in eco mode, coasting and everything else works, the button for start stop still works, but when I am in eco or any other mode, and the feature is on, I come to a stop and the sign on the dash shows engine on/off unavailable “same sign I got before when it was still working but car was still cold”, no faults no codes no warning nothing shows about this, I don’t know why it just randomly and suddenly stopped working, I have turned off all electronics for multiple drives for a week now, coasted as much as possible to charge the battery and tried to get it to work in every possible situation and way, I read many posts on why the start stop May not work in some situations and I don’t have any clue why mine isn’t working Becuase all the reasons it normally doesn’t work on don’t apply, the day of my interior swap on the way there it was working, then I noticed it stopped after, we did have the interior lights on for hours while we did the swap so I drove the car for a week while coasting so so so much to charge it while I had no AC or even music playing for a week to make sure battery is charged.
Please help it’s driving me crazy and my warranty ran out, I have after market warranty on the car, that could cover this if I could figure out what’s the problem maybe I can see if it falls under the warranty, but please help if u have any clue why this is happening. I am extreamly sorry for the long post but I am going crazy over this
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 10:05 AM   #2
YouniqueFx
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

I would suggest trying to pull some codes first. Either with a dedicated OBD II scanner or an app you can buy and download and use a ENET cable or bluetooth OBD. Have a feeling you made need to code out an error.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 10:52 AM   #3
AKSTERZ
Canada
Rep

I do have both a obd2 and Carly for bmw, I get a code for the airbag, def nothing for the engine start/stop
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 05:20 PM   #4
AKSTERZ
Canada
Rep

Today I managed to scan my car with a high end bmw scanner, list of codes I got :
804110: antenna inside rear (IRH): internal defect
804029: sek battery under voltage
E06C43: signal invalid receive status availability chain braking or brake chain not available
C95409: Driver seat module (seat memory): module does not send / drivers seat module: module does not send / datenantriebsstrang2: communication failure

Those are all the codes I got, not sure what to make of it
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 05:24 PM   #5
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSTERZ View Post
Today I managed to scan my car with a high end bmw scanner, list of codes I got :
804110: antenna inside rear (IRH): internal defect
804029: sek battery under voltage
E06C43: signal invalid receive status availability chain braking or brake chain not available
C95409: Driver seat module (seat memory): module does not send / drivers seat module: module does not send / datenantriebsstrang2: communication failure

Those are all the codes I got, not sure what to make of it
Maybe try charging your battery to full using a charger/maintainer. Once that is complete, unplug the battery for 15+ minutes to do a full reset and then try everything again.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 09:08 PM   #6
AKSTERZ
Canada
Rep

Thank you I will try that and c if it fixes the start/stop, any idea about my comfort access?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 10:40 PM   #7
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thank you I will try that and c if it fixes the start/stop, any idea about my comfort access?
If you are lucky, it could be related to the same thing. The car does not like when you unplug stuff when it is "awake", nor does it like low voltage. Just try that and report back.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 03:14 AM   #8
AKSTERZ
Canada
Rep

I have disconnected the battery and checked all the fuses related to engine start/stop, and all fuses for the Comfort access and door locking unlocking, and all fuses related to the airbag and restraint system. Not a single fuse was blown. Going to reconnect my battery in the morning, leaving it disconnected all night. I am buying a trickle charger tomorrow and going to proceed to take out the battery and charge it over night and reconnect, nothing indicates the battery is low on voltage, AC runs on electricity in eco mode and everything works fine but that’s what I am trying next. Also tomorrow going to a coder to reset all my modules and try to reset my airbag light. I also removed the passenger vent and checked all cables plugged in into that consol property. Just one note i dont know if it could help, when I did an interior swap the rear seats didn’t have heated seats but my original did, the rear heated seats buttons don’t light up now (since the seats are not connected to anything in the back) not sure if that effected anything
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 12:16 PM   #9
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I have disconnected the battery and checked all the fuses related to engine start/stop, and all fuses for the Comfort access and door locking unlocking, and all fuses related to the airbag and restraint system. Not a single fuse was blown. Going to reconnect my battery in the morning, leaving it disconnected all night. I am buying a trickle charger tomorrow and going to proceed to take out the battery and charge it over night and reconnect, nothing indicates the battery is low on voltage, AC runs on electricity in eco mode and everything works fine but that’s what I am trying next. Also tomorrow going to a coder to reset all my modules and try to reset my airbag light. I also removed the passenger vent and checked all cables plugged in into that consol property. Just one note i dont know if it could help, when I did an interior swap the rear seats didn’t have heated seats but my original did, the rear heated seats buttons don’t light up now (since the seats are not connected to anything in the back) not sure if that effected anything
Sounds like you are doing everything correct. Let us know how it goes after you charge and reconnect battery.

I am not sure about the rear seat difference. Its possible there is a way to code out the heated seats in the rear if it is messing with something? Maybe google it or check the coding section.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 09:45 PM   #10
AKSTERZ
Canada
Rep

Thank you, yesterday we went as far as to take everything we swapped (new interior) out and reinstall and double check every cable and plug, everything was plugged in correctly and in place, nothing needed to be retrofitted, every cable and plug was the same since it came off a F30, but when we finished and plugged the battery back, we got "battery drained” and “keep car on to charge battery” which tells me the battery is either bad or just low. Waiting for the trickle charger I ordered once I get it going to disconnect the battery again and charge it for 12 hours and reconnect, and before that tomorrow I am going to a bmw coding professional to reset all my modules
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 10:20 PM   #11
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thank you, yesterday we went as far as to take everything we swapped (new interior) out and reinstall and double check every cable and plug, everything was plugged in correctly and in place, nothing needed to be retrofitted, every cable and plug was the same since it came off a F30, but when we finished and plugged the battery back, we got "battery drained” and “keep car on to charge battery” which tells me the battery is either bad or just low. Waiting for the trickle charger I ordered once I get it going to disconnect the battery again and charge it for 12 hours and reconnect, and before that tomorrow I am going to a bmw coding professional to reset all my modules
I think that might be good news in the sense that battery could be the culprit after all. Definitely charge it up to full and then reinstall. Hopefully it all works out after that.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 01:45 AM   #12
AKSTERZ
Canada
Rep

Still waiting on my trickle charger to arrive, should arrive over the weekend. Will leave it charging for 12+ hours on it and replug and report back, do I need to recode the battery after doing so?
Would like to say I really appreciate all of you for taking the time and reading, and addressing my issue.
Thank you so much
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 08:14 AM   #13
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Still waiting on my trickle charger to arrive, should arrive over the weekend. Will leave it charging for 12+ hours on it and replug and report back, do I need to recode the battery after doing so?
Would like to say I really appreciate all of you for taking the time and reading, and addressing my issue.
Thank you so much
S/S won't function with a degraded battery.

Old batteries cause a lot of issues with these cars.

You won't have to re-code the battery.

Oh and charge for 24 hrs OR until full if possible.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0