F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Help needed: passenger seat stuck, motor cable snapped (Sacramento)
Extreme Powerhouse

09-02-2021, 10:00 PM   #1
AlexAnthony
Okurrr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d / 2021 330i

Exclamation Help needed: passenger seat stuck, motor cable snapped (Sacramento)

Background - There was a bottle of sunblock that apparently made its way under the passenger seat of my '14 328d. That same afternoon a short person sat in the front, moved the seat almost all the way to the front, and didn't stop when I repeatedly asked (and then yelled...) to stop moving the seat. I hear a weird, bad noise and now the seat doesn't move forward or back and is a bit more forward on the left side than the right.

The seat moves up and down, which moves it a little bit, but the front left bolt of that seat is completely covered and I can't access it to try to remove the seat entirely (as I've read in a few forums usually ends up being the only way to fix/move it). From the back, if you were 6 inches tall and looked forward under the seat, there's a motor with a thick braided cable on the left where that cable came completely out. I was able to maneuver it back in somewhat but I can tell it's not all the way in, and the seat still won't move on either side.

I don't know what else to try/look for/etc. At this point I'm hoping someone in or near the Sacramento area would be able to take pity on me and help me get this seat removed so I can inspect the broken area and hopefully fix it (doesn't seem possible from other posts I've read) or at the very least get it moved back a bit so it's not uncomfortable for the average height passenger. Will gladly pay you in cash, beer, food, etc.

tl;dr - A motor/cable broke on one side of my passenger seat, it won't go back/forward, and it's stuck in a pretty forward position. I've tried everything i can think of/have found online that I'm capable of doing, but one of the bolts is blocked and I'm out of ideas/tools so I'm hoping someone in or around Sac can come help me move it back if not figure out a potential fix.

Last edited by AlexAnthony; 09-05-2021 at 10:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 12:05 PM   #2
AlexAnthony
Okurrr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d / 2021 330i

Bueller...?
Appreciate 0