F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Moved : Screen Help :)
GetBMWParts

11-16-2018, 09:05 PM   #23
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightf30 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhnblckwood View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"Entrynav" and "entry" are two different headunits and screens.

Oh alright l think that's what l was looking for l have hu_entry with a combox because my car has a build date of 04/14, so even though it looks the same there is a different 6.5 display screen for entry and entrynav?
l was just using the pic as an example of a 6.5" on entrynav I'm not trying to use 8.8 rn (l have a 10.25 on the way back from maintenance in a couple weeks)
I can't say for a 100% fact that the Entrynav screen will Work on nbt but I assume so since I kno the nbt screen works with Entrynav head unit. But I have the same thing as you before I upgraded to nbt n nbt screen. Ur 10" will not Work with entry, upgrade to nbt, u wount b disappointed. U can find them fairly cheap now. Just don't get nbt evo unless ur prepared to spend a lot more money.
Awesome stuff man thanks for all the help ya pretty much l was just trying to figure out if my nbt is actually working as it should by using the small screen because that 10 is going straight in when it's gets here
Nice. No problem bro. Like I said u do have to make modifications to ur dash. There is s thread on that so u may wanna do that now so it can go straight in like u want. Goodluck!!
Thanks actually one more thing since you've done it, l am using emulator but do you know if l have to vo code nbt with donor vin? l already coded it it but now lm finding around the forum that some people have been having to create a FA just for vo coding the nbt with the donor vin l just don't know lf l have to do this too
U already coded the nbt? Then yes ur suppose to have a separate fa for the nbt with donor vin or ur fsc codes will get cancelled. Jus create one n vo code it again.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2018, 09:22 PM   #24
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 6sp

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh alright l think that's what l was looking for l have hu_entry with a combox because my car has a build date of 04/14, so even though it looks the same there is a different 6.5 display screen for entry and entrynav?
l was just using the pic as an example of a 6.5" on entrynav I'm not trying to use 8.8 rn (l have a 10.25 on the way back from maintenance in a couple weeks)
I can't say for a 100% fact that the Entrynav screen will Work on nbt but I assume so since I kno the nbt screen works with Entrynav head unit. But I have the same thing as you before I upgraded to nbt n nbt screen. Ur 10" will not Work with entry, upgrade to nbt, u wount b disappointed. U can find them fairly cheap now. Just don't get nbt evo unless ur prepared to spend a lot more money.
Awesome stuff man thanks for all the help ya pretty much l was just trying to figure out if my nbt is actually working as it should by using the small screen because that 10 is going straight in when it's gets here
Nice. No problem bro. Like I said u do have to make modifications to ur dash. There is s thread on that so u may wanna do that now so it can go straight in like u want. Goodluck!!
Thanks actually one more thing since you've done it, l am using emulator but do you know if l have to vo code nbt with donor vin? l already coded it it but now lm finding around the forum that some people have been having to create a FA just for vo coding the nbt with the donor vin l just don't know lf l have to do this too
U already coded the nbt? Then yes ur suppose to have a separate fa for the nbt with donor vin or ur fsc codes will get cancelled. Jus create one n vo code it again.
yea because impulsive af :') yea l already have a FA l made with the donor vin just Incase, l just made a copy of my FA and changed the vin on the copy, so just to triple check this all l have to do is load the FA with the donor vin, activate FA, read svt, and click on hu_nbt and hit code and only use this donor vin FA to code the nbt?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 12:08 AM   #25
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yea because impulsive af :') yea l already have a FA l made with the donor vin just Incase, l just made a copy of my FA and changed the vin on the copy, so just to triple check this all l have to do is load the FA with the donor vin, activate FA, read svt, and click on hu_nbt and hit code and only use this donor vin FA to code the nbt?
Yessir.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 12:17 AM   #26
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

But make sure "update vcm" is not selected in esys options so u don't write it to ur car.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2018, 12:44 AM   #27
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
But make sure "update vcm" is not selected in esys options so u don't write it to ur car.
Yep yep just did it guess l won't know how it turned out till my the screen LOL it's like a older car w/o screen and just plain ol radio rn 😂 do l have to go code it with my vin again later or just leave the donor vin vo code
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 09:57 AM   #28
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yep yep just did it guess l won't know how it turned out till my the screen LOL it's like a older car w/o screen and just plain ol radio rn do l have to go code it with my vin again later or just leave the donor vin vo code
Haha!! Don't miss those days.
You'll always use the donor vin fa when vo coding the nbt. Donor vin will remain the whole time your using the emulator unless u wanna buy new fsc codes for ur vin which is why u got the emulator, so u don't need new codes.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2018, 07:01 PM   #29
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yep yep just did it guess l won't know how it turned out till my the screen LOL it's like a older car w/o screen and just plain ol radio rn do l have to go code it with my vin again later or just leave the donor vin vo code
You'll always use the donor vin fa when vo coding the nbt. Donor vin will remain the whole time your using the emulator unless u wanna buy new fsc codes for ur vin which is why u got the emulator, so u don't need new codes.
Heck yea and so do you think this would work by any chance I️ can pick it for rediculous cheap because it's cracked LOLA
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 07:11 PM   #30
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Heck yea and so do you think this would work by any chance I️ can pick it for rediculous cheap because it's cracked LOLA
I mean I don't see why not. As long as the screen itself is not damage. Ask the seller for a guarantee that it works if possible.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2018, 07:18 PM   #31
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I mean I don't see why not. As long as the screen itself is not damage. Ask the seller for a guarantee that it works if possible.
I️ did there is a guarantee l was just wondering in comparison to using the 8.8, lol the CID MID is for a business nav it's a 6.5
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 08:35 PM   #32
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I️ did there is a guarantee l was just wondering in comparison to using the 8.8, lol the CID MID is for a business nav it's a 6.5
Oh ok. Then idk if I would get that then. I'm not certain if it's compatible, that may be for cic but I'm not positive. Go for the 8inch or ten inch. This way u kno it'll work and you'll enjoy the bigger size. Plus that crack will drive u crazy. At least it would drive me crazy. Lol
Appreciate 1
      08-26-2020, 09:21 AM   #33
wghawk
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i 2014

Hi all, i am on the same boat and also got a "NO SIGNAL" after connecting up my emulator. Can anyone help as pretty urgent? I got the FA and SVT from the Doner NBT. But when connecting the Emulator I still see HU ENTRY. Tried changing to 609 and no luck. Again any help is appreciated!
Appreciate 0