F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > STP R1234YF Top up Kit
GetBMWParts

08-12-2020, 02:55 AM   #1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 335D XD

STP R1234YF Top up Kit

I know a few people have had their air-con play up, some for gas reasons others for condenser holes, but I thought I would share the following.

My wife's car is a Pug 308 and about 5 years old, noticed the AC was not cooling properly but still slightly effective.

It takes the new gas which is super expensive, and the nearest place to me wanted £140 to vac and re-charge. Whilst expensive its cheaper than a new compressor and for comfort needed doing. Except I'm so busy I couldn't get there and neither could I find a mobile chap either.

So I resorted to chancing on one of the STP top up kits, after Halfords wasted my time by not having it in stock after I ordered it, I bought it of Ebay for £138 (£40 cheaper than halfrauds) and what do you know, by following the instructions it bloody worked.

I still have plenty of gas left to top it or others up again if needs be, I even checked the pressure in the 335 using the gauge and its all good there.

So whilst I still reckon a full vac out and recharge is the best option, this did a bloody good job and took all of 15 minutes.

I hope this helps someone if needed later on.

All the best

Alex