F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Anyone else on the vessel Prime Ace?
proTUNING Freaks

04-29-2016, 02:00 PM   #1
mwh2009
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Anyone else on the vessel Prime Ace?

Misery loves company - was just wondering if anyone else is suffering the same interminable shipping experience that I am....

After watching my car's ship drift aimlessly outside of port Zeebrugge for the last 24hrs before heading for port, and watching the schedule slide a day later for Bremerhaven, I'm assuming the May 21st date estimate for Charleston will also slide a day as well.
No longer with me: 2018 Golf R, 2017 F80 M3, 2016 F30 340i xDrive
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 10:54 AM   #2
Lockdown
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Xdrive

I know how frustrating it can be lol, but it'll all be worth it once you head on over to pick it up. I am starting to believe that only the people that ordered an xdrive automatic got on the Martorell (maybe that's all she's carrying?). Being that you went with a Manual it might also have something to do with the ship you get. you went with PCD right?
      05-02-2016, 11:33 AM   #3
mwh2009
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown View Post
Being that you went with a Manual it might also have something to do with the ship you get. you went with PCD right?
Yes - decided to do PCD. But am losing my mind with the wait. The Prime Ace is moored at Emden right now. Has been for a day now. Not sure if it's swapping out the crew, refueling, repairs, etc. Or if it's waiting on cars, or what.

Then off to Bremerhaven for a similarly long (2-3 day) wait, and hopefully then a turn towards the USA. And then 2 weeks of being off radar (which might actually be easier for me - just black box, no info).

I think I would have been better off had they told me the car would take 3 months to manufacture and 2 weeks to ship instead of 2 weeks to build and 3 months to transport to PCD!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 10:49 PM   #4
Lockdown
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwh2009 View Post
I think I would have been better off had they told me the car would take 3 months to manufacture and 2 weeks to ship instead of 2 weeks to build and 3 months to transport to PCD!
yeah the wait time sucks but honestly if my CA didn't tell me anything i'd probably go more insane. The ship being off radar is actually the worst for me right now, to each their own I guess. might start watching a new tv series or something to take my mind off of checking every moment for where the ship is. On a different note, you plan on doing any mods to it once you have it?
      05-03-2016, 08:47 AM   #5
mwh2009
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown
Quote:
yeah the wait time sucks but honestly if my CA didn't tell me anything i'd probably go more insane. The ship being off radar is actually the worst for me right now, to each their own I guess. might start watching a new tv series or something to take my mind off of checking every moment for where the ship is. On a different note, you plan on doing any mods to it once you have it?
I will probably wait a while to do anything. But once the warranty is up, there is probably a tune/chargepipe/intake in my future.

I put a turbo-back exhaust on my last car and the drone nearly drove me insane, so I probably won't do that again, so the MPPK may not be an option as it sounds pretty loud from all the videos.

What about you?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 09:04 PM   #6
Lockdown
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I will probably wait a while to do anything. But once the warranty is up, there is probably a tune/chargepipe/intake in my future.

I put a turbo-back exhaust on my last car and the drone nearly drove me insane, so I probably won't do that again, so the MPPK may not be an option as it sounds pretty loud from all the videos.

What about you?
Mostly cosmetic stuff for me. First on the list is deleting those nasty orange front reflectors which thankfully SC laws don't state them as a requirement. black kidney grills and the black spoiler to follow shortly after that. Orange M sport brakes and H%R springs to lower her as well as spacers are next. Ironic really, I hate the orange front reflectors but absolutely love those orange brakes. The actual engine mods might only go so far as a air intake upgrade but not much else.

I'm quite happy with the stock exhaust sound as is. I don't necessarily see the worth in dumping 1500+ for a better exhaust. that and the constant drone I would hear on the highway would be a big negative for me.