F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Put the wrong transmission in my car?
ARMA SPEED

07-16-2021, 04:23 PM   #1
dula
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Put the wrong transmission in my car?

Hey guys so I recently blew the tranny in my car and got a used one (GA8HP45Z) I had been under the impression that it came off of a 335ix but after trying to use xDelete today it ran the VIN and it came up showing that it actually came off of a 528i (N20 car) the cars been running perfectly fine with the regular xHP stage 3 tune and a BM3 stage 2 no issues but as soon as I tried to run xDelete it went into chassis stabilization malfunction error. I'm currently trying to recode the TCU so that some way the xDelete will read it as a 335 but can't figure it out. Anyone else ever been in this situation? I tried to search the forums and couldn't find anything. All help is appreciated, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 04:26 PM   #2
LiLpenut
Rep
Drives: 435i xdrive n55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dula View Post
Hey guys so I recently blew the tranny in my car and got a used one (GA8HP45Z) I had been under the impression that it came off of a 335ix but after trying to use xDelete today it ran the VIN and it came up showing that it actually came off of a 528i (N20 car) the cars been running perfectly fine with the regular xHP stage 3 tune and a BM3 stage 2 no issues but as soon as I tried to run xDelete it went into chassis stabilization malfunction error. I'm currently trying to recode the TCU so that some way the xDelete will read it as a 335 but can't figure it out. Anyone else ever been in this situation? I tried to search the forums and couldn't find anything. All help is appreciated, thanks!
Side question, what caused the last tranny to break on your car? Did u have xHP on it? Did you do a lot of launch controls?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 05:25 PM   #3
kickthecan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46

What got toasted on the other tranny? You can swap your old TCU into the replacement transmission if that part is still fine
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 12:49 AM   #4
dula
Rep

A lot of xDrive drifting in snow, rain, and dry conditions was deemed the culprit, caused a lot of wear on my rear diff. as well so i had that rebuilt while I was at it. I beat the crap out of the car so I wasn’t surprised. The clutches in the old tranny were fried, i guess it could’ve been rebuilt but i found this tranny off a part out for dirt cheap and couldn’t let it go.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 02:38 AM   #5
kickthecan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46

Yeah but do you still have your old tranny? The TCU has all the information and Vin coded and everything. You can swap the mechatronics over to the replacement and try that if you want
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2021, 09:29 AM   #6
dula
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickthecan View Post
Yeah but do you still have your old tranny? The TCU has all the information and Vin coded and everything. You can swap the mechatronics over to the replacement and try that if you want
I think my shop might still have it, told em to look for it let’s see what they say.
Appreciate 0