F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > TFL
Extreme Powerhouse

02-08-2024, 10:37 AM   #1
Danny Fireblade
Village idiot
England
Rep
Drives: Myself crazy

TFL

Does anyone know what I have to do if I am driving a Tesla from the M25 into Heathrow?
I know I don’t need to pay the ULEZ but do I need to register my car on the TFL website as that costs £10 per car?
What a bunch of robbing bar stewards, £10 for clicking a few buttons???
Feel free to vent some
Anger about TFL too, especially if you’re unfortunate enough to live in London.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      02-08-2024, 10:40 AM   #2
Nibbles
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 Series

You don't have to do anything. Just drive there as normal.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      02-08-2024, 10:44 AM   #3
Danny Fireblade
Village idiot
England
Rep

Cheers Nibbles. 😁
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 10:57 AM   #4
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

If you are entering the congestion charge zone and don't want to pay it, then you have to pay the 10 quid for a year's registration / exemption...

Ulez exemption is automatic though...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 11:00 AM   #5
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

TFL are a bunch of clowns.

I used to have a TFL account, both cars registered, set up for auto payment of the Congestion Charge and ULEZ. I rarely drive into central London but the account was useful on the few occasions that I had to pay.

A couple of months ago I had to drive into the MASSIVELY expanded ULEZ zone. A couple of weeks later I received an NIP for non-payment. I tried to log-in to my account - no account found. Called TFL, provided my account details, no account found.

The guy then checked the transactions records and found that I used to have an account, and that it had been used in 2021 to pay the Congestion Charge.

It turns out that TFL deleted my account, without any notification / advanced warning, because my account hadn't been used "for a very long time".

What kind of organisation, in full knowledge that it plans to massively expand the ULEZ zone, deletes customer accounts before it has determined whether those accounts had been more frequently as a result of the expansion ?

TFL insisted that it had notified me via email of the planned deletion of my account, so I submitted a Subject Access Request to TFL asking for full details of the sender email address, the originating IP address, the date and time that the email was sent, the content in the Subject field, and the content in the body of the email.

TFL responded stating that all correspondence is deleted after a customer account has been deleted. You couldn't make this shit up.

The NIP is now in the 'disputed' black hole. I haven't heard from them in weeks.

Absolute muppets.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 11:49 AM   #6
MY340i
Major
Rep
Drives: Various

Heathrow is in the ULEZ zone so if you’ve got a non ULEZ car then you’ll need to pay.

Heathrow sits outside the congestion zone by quite a bit, so no congestion charge needed.

Only payment you’ll need is drop off of your dropping someone off to the airport
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 03:51 PM   #7
Danny Fireblade
Village idiot
England
Rep

It’s a Tesla so shouldn’t mean any charges and only have to collect someone at terminal 5 so I am hoping it’s in and out as they will call me when waiting outside.
Everywhere is a rip off at the moment, just a bunch of money grabbing …….
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 06:39 PM   #8
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Fireblade View Post
It’s a Tesla so shouldn’t mean any charges and only have to collect someone at terminal 5 so I am hoping it’s in and out as they will call me when waiting outside.
Everywhere is a rip off at the moment, just a bunch of money grabbing …….
£5 fee for collecting and dropping off... I know as its added to my taxi fee for trip there and back tomorrow (today technically to you)....

at least my flight is only an hour late so far... dont worry BA, its only 19 hours from start to end, what's 5% extra...?

No Con Charge to heathrow. Be careful where you wait as a lot if time restricted or pay to park... There is a MacDs on Bath Road just at the back of T5, 20 mins to get to collection at worst, a common place for taxi drivers to wait with their one coffee for 90 mins..
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50