F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Thanks and Best Wishes
proTUNING Freaks

08-02-2023, 01:30 PM   #1
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Thanks and Best Wishes

After almost six great years, I just ordered a new 2024 X3 to replace my 2018 GT that will carry me until solid state batteries replace the current lithium ion appearing universally that don't meet my safety comfort level. Not sure of new X3 build/arrival date yet...probably September.

My GT will likely be a trade in or go to CarMax, unless anyone here wants another one, a second one, etc It has just under 28k miles, purely stock, other than replaced tires with Michelin Primacy3 ZP. I'm not going through advertising as I'm fine with trading it in, but wanted to give any interested parties on this forum the first opportunity to message me if they wish.

Best to all!
Attached Images

2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2023, 05:10 PM   #2
jmascensao
jmascensao
Rep
Drives: BMW F34

great car,
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 10:32 AM   #3
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

I happened to mention this car to a friend, who just happens to be looking for a third car in the family. Once he convinces his wife that this is the one, it probably has a new home waiting for it already.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 01:53 AM   #4
johnray2547
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 535xi

Smooth rides and clear roads ahead!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 03:32 AM   #5
angelforce
Brazil
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i GT

Garage List
Congrats for the new X3, beautiful car

For the 3 GT, she is pretty! We can see she has been well taken care of.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 11:26 AM   #6
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnray2547 View Post
Smooth rides and clear roads ahead!
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelforce View Post
Congrats for the new X3, beautiful car

For the 3 GT, she is pretty! We can see she has been well taken care of.
Thanks much. The 3GT survived its 2000 mile truck trip east back to Michigan completely unscathed and my friend and his wife are overjoyed with their first-ever BMW! I am also more pleased than I expected with my new X3, so a good win-win for this transaction!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 02:41 PM   #7
angelforce
Brazil
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Thanks much. The 3GT survived its 2000 mile truck trip east back to Michigan completely unscathed and my friend and his wife are overjoyed with their first-ever BMW! I am also more pleased than I expected with my new X3, so a good win-win for this transaction!
One would say that the quality of a new cycle is dependent on how we you close the previous one.

And sounds like it is a happy ending of your cycle with the 3GT

Congrats

Later tell us more about this X3!

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 03:23 PM   #8
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelforce View Post

Later tell us more about this X3!

Here is the build and how it turned out the day it came off the delivery truck at home. I find it to be very quiet and I can feel the steering response and nimbleness of the shorter wheelbase although the higher roll center is also felt but reduced when the MAdaptive suspension is set to Sport as I am now doing routinely. The rear wheel drive non-hybrid 4 cylinder is very responsive, although with only ~300 miles so far, I am still keeping engine speed down through break-in. It feels more "fun" and less of a "cruiser" than did my GT. It is easier for me to ingress/egress with the higher seating position. I'm 6'2" and so is my best friend and he is pleased with his rear seat roominess when we all are togther as two couples. He loved my GT for rear seat space but he noted the upright seating position made up for some less legroom. The cargo area works for my Costco and grocery weekend errands even without folding down the second row, as it did in the GT. The less sloping, more upright rear design again offsets the shorter overall vehicle length and allows for packing a similar amount of cargo. I think this X3 will carry us quite well as a "family car" until the next generation of EV batteries (not NCM/NCA lithium ion prone to thermal runaway) are generally available for my electric transition. Other questions?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-02-2024, 06:17 PM   #9
angelforce
Brazil
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Here is the build and how it turned out the day it came off the delivery truck at home. I find it to be very quiet and I can feel the steering response and nimbleness of the shorter wheelbase although the higher roll center is also felt but reduced when the MAdaptive suspension is set to Sport as I am now doing routinely. The rear wheel drive non-hybrid 4 cylinder is very responsive, although with only ~300 miles so far, I am still keeping engine speed down through break-in. It feels more "fun" and less of a "cruiser" than did my GT. It is easier for me to ingress/egress with the higher seating position. I'm 6'2" and so is my best friend and he is pleased with his rear seat roominess when we all are togther as two couples. He loved my GT for rear seat space but he noted the upright seating position made up for some less legroom. The cargo area works for my Costco and grocery weekend errands even without folding down the second row, as it did in the GT. The less sloping, more upright rear design again offsets the shorter overall vehicle length and allows for packing a similar amount of cargo. I think this X3 will carry us quite well as a "family car" until the next generation of EV batteries (not NCM/NCA lithium ion prone to thermal runaway) are generally available for my electric transition. Other questions?
That was amazing to read. I could imagine the sensation you described!
Seems to me you will have a good time with the X series…

And the one you got is really neat. Full of perks!

Congrats again!!!
Appreciate 1
Sportstick4654.00
      01-02-2024, 07:56 PM   #10
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Welcome to a new forum but in the same neighborhood!

Current EVs with lithium ion batteries are transitional vehicles. I am also waiting for solid state batteries to become a standard offering.
Appreciate 2