F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Anyone have experience of a Porsche Taycan?
Extreme Powerhouse

01-06-2024, 03:47 PM   #23
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramsnik View Post
“EV’s dont really work if one spends alot of time at 'motorway' speeds. The charge recovery is no where near as effective as it is in stop start traffic.”

The ramblings of a ‘man’ that’s never driven one for more than five mins.

Just do what I did and stick this fcukwit on your ignore lists.
Spot on.
I’ve got about 6 ignored posts in the thread and it’s just all the positive left. Fantastic

Good luck OP superb cars but I’ve never owned one. I let other thing I’d add is there’s probably no rush, there is a huge growing stock of these new and used and I think pricing will continue to drop in early 24.

Happy Shopping!
      01-06-2024, 04:02 PM   #24
boba-fett
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
“EV’s dont really work if one spends alot of time at 'motorway' speeds. The charge recovery is no where near as effective as it is in stop start traffic.”

The ramblings of a ‘man’ that’s never driven one for more than five mins.

Just do what I did and stick this fcukwit on your ignore lists.
I don't think its very nice calling someone a fuckwit, or because they are not one of the "gang" bully them. A forum is all about peoples opinions whether you like them or not, and they are just as entitled to post as you are!

As said previously, if you don't like someone, or are not happy about there input, then put them on your ignore list. Its what its there for.

Oh and EV's suck!
Appreciate 2
crAbb1225.50
      01-06-2024, 04:53 PM   #25
cramsnik
Crustacean denier
Rep
Drives: M3LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by boba-fett View Post
I don't think its very nice calling someone a fuckwit, or because they are not one of the "gang" bully them. A forum is all about peoples opinions whether you like them or not, and they are just as entitled to post as you are!

As said previously, if you don't like someone, or are not happy about there input, then put them on your ignore list. Its what its there for.

Oh and EV's suck!
You're correct, it's not particularly nice but I really couldn't care less in this instance. After all, it's my opinion, and as you point out, like it or not, it's one I'm entitled to.

The unfortunate thing with the ignore button is when quoted the bilge is regurgitated. I'm more than happy to take a balanced view on most things, except when it's the same clumsy, repetitive, ill-informed cack that appears to be posted to derail for their enjoyment and offers no real substance. We've had a few superficial characters on here over the years, they all go pop of their own accord eventually... which is nice.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 05:17 PM   #26
boba-fett
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
You're correct, it's not particularly nice but I really couldn't care less in this instance. After all, it's my opinion, and as you point out, like it or not, it's one I'm entitled to.

The unfortunate thing with the ignore button is when quoted the bilge is regurgitated. I'm more than happy to take a balanced view on most things, except when it's the same clumsy, repetitive, ill-informed cack that appears to be posted to derail for their enjoyment and offers no real substance. We've had a few superficial characters on here over the years, they all go pop of their own accord eventually... which is nice.
So thats your opinion, and I get that, so do you really think he is a Fuckwit then? would you say that to his face?

He has basically shown his dislike for an EV and you have insulted him on a personal level. He has not got personal with you? or has he to warrant your behaviour? Maybe its you being the problem character here?

To much of this goes on in Forums.
Appreciate 1
crAbb1225.50
      01-07-2024, 03:14 AM   #27
crAbb
As above, so it is below
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:

You still here?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 03:16 AM   #28
crAbb
As above, so it is below
Rep

Quote:

Oh and EV's suck!
He drives a Tesla, and he's on a BMW forum

He suffers from EV insecurity
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 03:17 AM   #29
crAbb
As above, so it is below
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Spot on.
I’ve got about 6 ignored posts in the thread and it’s just all the positive left. Fantastic

Good luck OP superb cars but I’ve never owned one. I let other thing I’d add is there’s probably no rush, there is a huge growing stock of these new and used and I think pricing will continue to drop in early 24.

Happy Shopping!
At a steady 80 mph on a motorway, what's your range?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 03:23 AM   #30
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
So thats your opinion, and I get that, so do you really think he is a Fuckwit then? would you say that to his face?

He has basically shown his dislike for an EV and you have insulted him on a personal level. He has not got personal with you? or has he to warrant your behaviour? Maybe its you being the problem character here?

To much of this goes on in Forums.
Unfortunately some people bring it on themselves by posting under various different characters and often posting to elicit a response - I think that might be called trolling.

The best thing of course is to ignore them as everyone (sorry, most who have been here while) know that Crabb / Lobb / Nick The Greek is just a wind up merchant with too little to do and too much time on his hands.

I'd have a Taycan GTS sport turismo tomorrow if the range was just a bit better - more because at that price I'd want more range, not necessarily need it. SIL had one on order but is now thinking a Q8 etron is more sensible as he does 150 mile round trip two or three times a week and comfort and range more important than ultimate handling...
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 03:26 AM   #31
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by crAbb View Post
At a steady 80 mph on a motorway, what's your range?
I cant remember the last time I did a steady 80 on the motorway, its normally too damn busy. At an indicated 76 mph when possible and not in camera controlled variable speed limit sections or roadworks, I'm reckoning about 220 for me. Given the longest single journey I normally make is 170, that is fine.

If I'm going to go further it will be for holiday / fun and so I'll stop and charge whilst getting refreshments and enjoy the journey. I stopped worrying getting somewhere as quickly as humanly possible when I realised that just created unnecessary stress.

Had to take the EV the other day as the Mini was out of fuel... why cant they fill up overnight whilst you sleep???
Appreciate 1
oldnail26.50
      01-07-2024, 04:00 AM   #32
boba-fett
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Unfortunately some people bring it on themselves by posting under various different characters and often posting to elicit a response - I think that might be called trolling.

The best thing of course is to ignore them as everyone (sorry, most who have been here while) know that Crabb / Lobb / Nick The Greek is just a wind up merchant with too little to do and too much time on his hands.

I'd have a Taycan GTS sport turismo tomorrow if the range was just a bit better - more because at that price I'd want more range, not necessarily need it. SIL had one on order but is now thinking a Q8 etron is more sensible as he does 150 mile round trip two or three times a week and comfort and range more important than ultimate handling...
Well I don’t know about sock puppets, but even so.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 05:00 AM   #33
Bryans69
Major
Rep
Drives: TTT, MGB (in bits), VW Camper

Garage List
Quote:

Agree with this, feel like at that price point, it 'should be better'

JayEmm (if you like his style) did quite a good video a while back on using the Taycan. I thought it was quite balanced, and worth a look

I love the look of them, although think they are on the large size for what the space they offer, but buying second hand would worry me.

A 3 year old Taycan is still £50k-£60k. What is it going to be worth when 6 years old, as the next owner is wondering what it's going to be worth at 9 years etc. Less of an issue on a sports car (although of course they are dropping), but an expensive EV ?
Appreciate 2
oldnail26.50
JustChris17487.50
      01-07-2024, 06:30 AM   #34
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E60525d View Post
Wow! I thought £7k loss in 6 months on our X5 was a lot!
Bought ex demo X5 in 2019 3 years and 30k miles and sold it for 4k less than I bought it thanks to covid. I was due some pain eventually life is fair .
Back on the topic of taycan. If I didn't need the space for the kids n dugs I'd have seriously considered it and probably bought one in preference to the IX. Not because its a porsche but its an ev with German build and better range due to shape size etc for an equivalent battery pack.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 06:45 AM   #35
boba-fett
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Sadly some people with Taycans who bought them new and still have them must be taking a right old bath right now.

I think its possibly the best EV at the moment, certainly in looks. Shame it does not make a nice noise to go with them!
Appreciate 1
crAbb1225.50
      01-07-2024, 07:16 AM   #36
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Sadly some people with Taycans who bought them new and still have them must be taking a right old bath right now.

I think its possibly the best EV at the moment, certainly in looks. Shame it does not make a nice noise to go with them!
Anyone who bought a new/nearly new ev(Inc me) is bathing but if its on pcp i guess it must be ok? I stupidly own mine outright!
Once the kids grow up and don't need space and can drive fast around twisties I'll be buying something small n sporty and with a real roar pre owned from one of you guys! By then most cars will be silent and a roar will be a great thing.
Appreciate 1
boba-fett1807.00
      01-07-2024, 07:24 AM   #37
crAbb
As above, so it is below
Rep

Quote:
I cant remember the last time I did a steady 80 on the motorway, its normally too damn busy. At an indicated 76 mph when possible and not in camera controlled variable speed limit sections or roadworks, I'm reckoning about 220 for me. Given the longest single journey I normally make is 170, that is fine.

If I'm going to go further it will be for holiday / fun and so I'll stop and charge whilst getting refreshments and enjoy the journey. I stopped worrying getting somewhere as quickly as humanly possible when I realised that just created unnecessary stress.

Had to take the EV the other day as the Mini was out of fuel... why cant they fill up overnight whilst you sleep???
This sums up why for some of us, an EV is a non starter. I drive 1,400 miles to southern Spain shortly. I cruise at a relaxed 85mph on the quiet motorways of continental Europe. Every 2-250 miles I stop for a coffee, stretch my legs, and refill my car, which wont need refilling for 400 miles. Takes 20 mins. For me, an EV is a total non starter.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 08:08 AM   #38
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

So how do I put someone on my ignore list? Sounds a good plan.

Just to bring some actual fact into the arena, my Taycan GTS has never shown me less than 220 miles per charge and it’s driven reasonably enthusiastically.
Appreciate 1
oldnail26.50
      01-07-2024, 08:34 AM   #39
AyrshireColin
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Taycan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
So how do I put someone on my ignore list? Sounds a good plan.

Just to bring some actual fact into the arena, my Taycan GTS has never shown me less than 220 miles per charge and it’s driven reasonably enthusiastically.
So you’re saying 220 and I’m saying 218 - actual owners with real life use. Why let the facts get in the way of a good story, just accept that you’re getting 150 miles range and move on I suppose!

I’m away to worry about the day that I want to travel 250 miles in one go, how I’ll ever cope and consider where I went wrong in life…
Appreciate 3
D69GMB463.00
oldnail26.50
JustChris17487.50
      01-07-2024, 08:54 AM   #40
crAbb
As above, so it is below
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyrshireColin View Post
So you’re saying 220 and I’m saying 218 - actual owners with real life use. Why let the facts get in the way of a good story, just accept that you’re getting 150 miles range and move on I suppose!

I’m away to worry about the day that I want to travel 250 miles in one go, how I’ll ever cope and consider where I went wrong in life…
Didn't you used to drive a diesel and tell us how wonderful it was not having to visit a fuel station for 500 miles per tank?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 09:07 AM   #41
AyrshireColin
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Taycan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by crAbb View Post
Didn't you used to drive a diesel and tell us how wonderful it was not having to visit a fuel station for 500 miles per tank?
Nope sorry - wrong guy. Last car was an 840i, car before that was an X3 M40i, do I keep going…

I’ve had 1 diesel car in my life which was a 335d and I’m not certain I could get 500 miles out of it.

Do I need a wink to in some way validate that?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 09:25 AM   #42
boba-fett
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Now now, you lot

I must be one of the rare people that range is not the problem I have with an EV!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 09:49 AM   #43
D69GMB
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyrshireColin View Post

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 10:17 AM   #44
crAbb
As above, so it is below
Rep

Quote:
Now now, you lot

I must be one of the rare people that range is not the problem I have with an EV!
Range is but one of the problems I have with EVs
Appreciate 0