F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > RWD Vs 4WD Vs Petrol Vs Diesel Vs HP Vs Torque. - Watch this
ARMA SPEED

12-10-2019, 05:41 PM   #23
rdabbm
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
All these perceived advantages of this model vs. that model really only exist inside people's heads and usually get trotted out just to massage someone's ego. Quite frankly to be the fastest on UK roads you don't need a fast car you just need to drive like a dick!

...and someone's always got a bigger dick. So as has been said before, just buy what floats yer boat and be happy
I’m currently in a 330d touring and whilst yes, it doesn’t sound great, it does shift it’s arse quite quickly when it needs to. I’ve been mulling an M140i, M2 or even a ‘17 M3 for the fun factor but realised that no matter what car you have, someone has better and will show you up and 258bhp combined with the buckets of torque it provides is ample enough for UK roads.

I’ll never forget a while back, seeing the classic billy big bollocks in an M4 giving it all that at the traffic lights on a ring road near me only to have a Bentley continental GT put him back in his place.

I also happily know that the pleb weaving behind me in his Corsa Turbo will undoubtably overtake me or go faster than me because he’s willing to ‘prove’ that his car is faster by driving dangerously and at 110 MPH down the A419.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 06:06 PM   #24
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdabbm View Post
I’m currently in a 330d touring and whilst yes, it doesn’t sound great, it does shift it’s arse quite quickly when it needs to. I’ve been mulling an M140i, M2 or even a ‘17 M3 for the fun factor but realised that no matter what car you have, someone has better and will show you up and 258bhp combined with the buckets of torque it provides is ample enough for UK roads.
The "fun factor" buying an M3 vs a 330d touring would be worth it, if by "fun" you mean fun = driving enjoyment (response/handling/noise etc...) Fun isn't defined by "my car is faster" nor is it reduced by someone having a faster car and "showing you up".
      12-11-2019, 12:51 AM   #25
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdabbm View Post
The "fun factor" buying an M3 vs a 330d touring would be worth it, if by "fun" you mean fun = driving enjoyment (response/handling/noise etc...) Fun isn't defined by "my car is faster" nor is it reduced by someone having a faster car and "showing you up".
Yep, this. If I wanted a fun drive, I'd much rather have a M3 detuned to 350bhp than a 340i tuned and chipped up to 500bhp.

Sledgehammer examples to make a point.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0