F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > F23/F33 convertible top close via keyfob for those without comfort access
Studio RSR

04-19-2015, 02:34 PM   #1
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
F23/F33 convertible top close via keyfob for those without comfort access

Anyone here with an F33/F23 without comfort access figure out how to get the convertible top to close/open with the key fob?

I was reading on the E90 forum and someone was able to do it with FDL coding CTM and CAS with the following changes:

CAS MODULE (set both of these lines to aktiv)

KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB
FH_KOMFORTF_MIT_SUBST

CTM MODULE (all of these lines need to be set to aktiv, some may already be set to aktiv!) I am not sure its the same with CVM module..

KOMFORT_OEFFNEN_FBD
KOMFORT_LADE_POSITION
KOMFORT_SCHLIESS_FBD
SCHEIBEN_ANHEB_OEFF_FBD
SCHEIBEN_ANHEB_SCHL_FBD

NFRM MODULE

SPIEGEL_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP or ASP_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP

I know that after 2009, CTM was replaced with CVM and I opened a cafd file on E-sys for CVM and I can't find any of those parameters at all. Some of guys on CVM with the later E93s also report that they weren't able to FDL code this feature.

I'm thinking about just adding 322 to my FA, VO coding CVM and also enabling the parameters that will allow my windows and mirrors to close on FEM_BODY.

I still don't have the car yet but has anyone tried this yet and successfully got it working? I'm not too comfortable with adding an option code that I don't have and using it to VO code an ECU. I know that sometimes when I VO code the ECU back to its original state, it doesn't necessarily change everything back to the way it was before.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2015, 06:47 PM   #2
mgaciah
Private
Rep
Drives: F23 cabrio, F85 X5M

So far I dont think is possible, I have a F23, I already tried every code possible, my opinion is that there are some hardware/firmware missing on non-comfort equipped cabrios, the logic required seems complex, I just bought a hardware from mods4cars that claims to provide the comfort actions I need, Ill post when I get it, mean while check it on www.mods4cars.com
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 11:53 AM   #3
mgaciah
Private
Rep
Drives: F23 cabrio, F85 X5M

After trying all possible combination I gave up, I bought a piece of hardware from mod4cars and works flawlessly, in fact I think better than factory, one touch top open and close!!, remote control over top and windows behavior, it is really a nice piece of hardware. Plug and Play installation, Attention, I received the F23 module but it came with an old firmware, UPDATE it before install it.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 01:50 PM   #4
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
I ended up upgrading to an M235i and surprisingly, I can actually open the top with the key fob even without coding. It won't however let me close the top. I'll find out more on Friday once I code it!
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 09:51 PM   #5
Gabrola
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmercoders View Post
I ended up upgrading to an M235i and surprisingly, I can actually open the top with the key fob even without coding. It won't however let me close the top. I'll find out more on Friday once I code it!
Is that without comfort access? It'd be also great if you can figure out how to get the mirrors to fold on locking too. Even the mods4cars module has not been able to get this to function.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 09:57 PM   #6
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrola View Post
Is that without comfort access? It'd be also great if you can figure out how to get the mirrors to fold on locking too. Even the mods4cars module has not been able to get this to function.
This car has comfort access but to open the top, you have to literally be standing right next to next to the door. I'm pretty sure once I code the comfort opening options as well, it will let me close the top with the key fob also.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 10:03 PM   #7
Gabrola
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
This car has comfort access but to open the top, you have to literally be standing right next to next to the door. I'm pretty sure once I code the comfort opening options as well, it will let me close the top with the key fob also.
Ah cool then. You can look into the mods4cars smart top module too, that'll let you open/close it from any distance. I mostly use it for it's 1-touch closing and opening, since holding the button while trying to stay below the top operation speed limit AND watching traffic seemed to be quite a difficult task to do for me without breaking a sweat.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 10:11 PM   #8
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ah cool then. You can look into the mods4cars smart top module too, that'll let you open/close it from any distance. I mostly use it for it's 1-touch closing and opening, since holding the button while trying to stay below the top operation speed limit AND watching traffic seemed to be quite a difficult task to do for me without breaking a sweat.
That's pretty neat! I still have a feeling that you can still code it to work at any distance but the 1 touch is something I could use especially when closing the top while driving. How much does this module go for?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 10:16 PM   #9
Gabrola
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That's pretty neat! I still have a feeling that you can still code it to work at any distance but the 1 touch is something I could use especially when closing the top while driving. How much does this module go for?
Good luck with that. It was for around $350 as far as I remember.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 11:24 PM   #10
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Newer firmware does not allow to close while driving. For that, you must buy additional hardware as far as I know.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 08:44 AM   #11
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Good luck with that. It was for around $350 as far as I remember.
So after coding the comfort opening options, I am able close to top and fold the mirrors with the key fob and door handles.

I guess I'll hold off on that module for now as I was never able to do this on my 228i without comfort access.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 08:46 AM   #12
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Newer firmware does not allow to close while driving. For that, you must buy additional hardware as far as I know.
I'm on 56.0 by the looks of it and the car has never been updated. Could this only apply for the F33? Because I know on the F23, you can drive at speeds up to 30mph and still be able to open the top. That's what the advertised on the brochure.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 12:13 PM   #13
Gabrola
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm on 56.0 by the looks of it and the car has never been updated. Could this only apply for the F33? Because I know on the F23, you can drive at speeds up to 30mph and still be able to open the top. That's what the advertised on the brochure.
Yup, it was advertised (and still is) that it can both open and close while on the move so I'd find it weird that they'd disable the closing function in newer software versions.
Oh, and thanks for the info. I'll hopefully be retrofitting comfort access soon, so hopefully I'll be able to now fold the mirrors when locking!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 05:24 PM   #14
Blue_Lightning
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW F33

How is smarttop going. I'm planning on installing to my 2014 F33, has there been any long term issues?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 05:49 PM   #15
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
I had it for a year with no issues. I sold it when I traded the car in.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2023, 05:40 AM   #16
Blue_Lightning
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW F33

Smart top update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Lightning View Post
How is smarttop going. I'm planning on installing to my 2014 F33, has there been any long term issues?
Hi All, I managed to buy a smart top unit from UK and deliver to Australia. It was very easy to install (plug and play) and has been the best addition I've made to my F33.
Appreciate 0