F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > 60 error codes shocked me after 5 years of ownership
Studio RSR

08-27-2021, 01:35 PM   #1
adilakif
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

60 error codes shocked me after 5 years of ownership

Hey everyone,

I am in shock right now to learn my 2013 328i xDrive (42k miles) had 60 error codes at some point in the past. Currently it has zero, according to BIMMERLink app. App shows previous data but doesn't say when.

I am learning more about maintaining a car and I had no idea until recently that I could see the past error codes of a BMW.

I bought this car exactly 5 years ago at 16k miles. I had no issues ever. It was still under warranty when I bought it. I get the regular maintenance done at dealerships only. They didn't tell me anything about the cars' past. I am the second owner. I bought the car from a Porsche dealership.

Did my car have a water damage? I still have a car loan, I don't know if the title is clean or not.

Screenshots:

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 01:39 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Errors crop up all the time, most of them are for intermittent faults of short duration that have no effect on the car. Most clear by themselves, but some don't. Clear them and don't worry about them unless some come back. If that happens you'll want to dig deeper.
Appreciate 2
cfm56d7b5876.00
shiftdnb376.50
      08-28-2021, 10:35 AM   #3
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
Errors crop up all the time, most of them are for intermittent faults of short duration that have no effect on the car. Most clear by themselves, but some don't. Clear them and don't worry about them unless some come back. If that happens you'll want to dig deeper.
What is the condition of the battery?

Quite often, as the battery nears the end of its useful lifespan voltage fluctuations will trigger faults.

Excellent advice from Billfitz. Clear the codes first and verify that the battery is healthy.
Appreciate 0