F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > ronanz's ENZO Flash Tune **UPDATE 11/4/16 ... NO LONGER ENZO TUNED
Extreme Powerhouse

12-04-2015, 06:37 PM   #133
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
Man, I'd love to but that would be a looooonnnnnnggg drive!

Ship your car out there in a covered truck and ride in the trunk. Save on having to drive.

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 06:28 PM   #134
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Hope to have Baseline Updates Monday 12/14. So far, news is not good for DinanTronics S2 and "Supposed" gains...

Dyno: Mainline 1800AWD

Attached Images

My Build Thread can be found HERE

Last edited by ronanz; 12-11-2015 at 06:38 PM..
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2015, 07:25 PM   #135
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hope to have Baseline Updates Monday 12/14. So far, news is not good for DinanTronics S2 and "Supposed" gains...

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 09:10 PM   #136
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 385xi VNV Speed Custom

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS
Quote:
I know I've dynoed my Dinan S2 more than once. I was embarrassed by what I saw. I had a small boost leak that's been fixed. But still it was not even trying to build high boost. So glad to be rid of it!
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2015, 09:27 PM   #137
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar View Post
I know I've dynoed my Dinan S2 more than once. I was embarrassed by what I saw. I had a small boost leak that's been fixed. But still it was not even trying to build high boost. So glad to be rid of it!
HP/TQ not even in the same Zip Code as published. The Mainline Dyno ENZO uses is VERY accurate, vs the other commonly used "marketing" dyno's. "Embarrassed" is a understatement...

Having said that....DinanTronics S2 is definitely a "safe" tune, higher numbers than Factory Stock and/or MPPK, significantly lower than ENZO Flash...tooo safe for me.

DT S2 gunna be for sale if anyone's interested...

Appreciate 1
      12-11-2015, 09:48 PM   #138
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
HP/TQ not even in the same Zip Code as published. The Mainline Dyno ENZO uses is VERY accurate, vs the other commonly used "marketing" dyno's. "Embarrassed" is a understatement...

Having said that....DinanTronics S2 is definitely a "safe" tune, higher numbers than Factory Stock and/or MPPK, significantly lower than ENZO Flash...tooo safe for me.

What did the S2 dyno? I know it's crap compared to flash tunes.

I can't wait till summer, I'll be driving down from Montreal and having all my stuff installed by Enzo
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2015, 10:31 PM   #139
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz
Quote:

I gotta disagree with "safe" blew my charge pipe on stage 1 with no coverage based on dealer fraud.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 10:44 PM   #140
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I gotta disagree with "safe" blew my charge pipe on stage 1 with no coverage based on dealer fraud.
Yeah, your case is a complete bummer...but in all fairness the OEM Charge Pipe is a known weak link, even under stock boost. The Dinan S1 just exposed this quicker.

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 10:45 PM   #141
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC View Post
Man dealer fraud ? =

ronanz haha awesome! saw your post on IG
was messing with my daughter. She gets the car after I'm done playing

Appreciate 1
      12-11-2015, 10:53 PM   #142
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
was messing with my daughter. She gets the car after I'm done playing

haha yes I did see that

Btw, the chargepipe on the F25 X3 35i and 28 is really solid I wonder why.
Me and my pal mge92 have increased from 17 psi (stock) up to 21-22 psi boost on our fragile engine for over a year.
He's had Dinan stage1 and now EnzoTuned since Aug.
I had RaceChip since Dec 2014 till Sept 2015 and EnzoTuned since (have tried 2 different updates as well 21.8 and 22) fast and aggressive, there's some broken rods around there with N20 since they're pushing 23 psi haha.
My pal Crashnbrn5 use to beat on his X3 35i (n55) for a whole 36 months and stock CP was fine.
The only downfall with our F25 is barely any parts to mod available.

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 10:57 PM   #143
lens
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC View Post
Man dealer fraud ? =

What's his instagram?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 11:01 PM   #144
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
What's his instagram?
I don't post anything on my private acct. It was a reply on ENZO's IG acct...the post above. ^^ with my car on the Dyno

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 11:14 PM   #145
lens
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I don't post anything on my private acct. It was a reply on ENZO's IG acct...the post above. ^^ with my car on the Dyno

Man, seeing the damn Enzo IG makes me very impatient for summer.
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2015, 11:43 PM   #146
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC
Quote:
Man dealer fraud ? =

There's a whole thread on it but I'm not gonna muck up this thread with that nonsense.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2015, 05:45 AM   #147
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep

Quote:
HP/TQ not even in the same Zip Code as published. The Mainline Dyno ENZO uses is VERY accurate, vs the other commonly used "marketing" dyno's. "Embarrassed" is a understatement... .
Well an "accurate" dyno is a bit of a misnomer. Unless the test equipment is way out of calibration, what any dyno user should look for is the delta (change) in the numbers. It doesn't really matter if you run a car on one dyno and it says it's producing 330HP and a different one says it's producing 350HP. The most important factor is getting a baseline of whatever reading, then rerunning the car on the same dyno after mods are done to see how much of a change it produced. That tells you if the mods and car are performing in the range it should be.

For instance if you've seen the video Dinan put out a few years back where they tested an 335i MPPK car and used a dynapack dyno (good machine) they said it came out with numbers in the 327HP range. That's all well and good, but the problem with that is we have no idea what the output numbers were on that car before the MPPK was installed. So we don't really have a baseline reference to compare any potential change. The car could have been making 322HP stock and then measured post MPPK and making 327, which could actually still fall in a range of error (5HP) meaning the MPPK was useless. We simply don't know because no baseline is provided before the modification.

In your case you're being tested on the same dyno before and after mods /tunes are added to the car so your numbers should give you a good idea how much of a change has occurred with them added.

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2015, 07:09 AM   #148
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
Well an "accurate" dyno is a bit of a misnomer. Unless the test equipment is way out of calibration, what any dyno user should look for is the delta (change) in the numbers. It doesn't really matter if you run a car on one dyno and it says it's producing 330HP and a different one says it's producing 350HP. The most important factor is getting a baseline of whatever reading, then rerunning the car on the same dyno after mods are done to see how much of a change it produced. That tells you if the mods and car are performing in the range it should be.

For instance if you've seen the video Dinan put out a few years back where they tested an 335i MPPK car and used a dynapack dyno (good machine) they said it came out with numbers in the 327HP range. That's all well and good, but the problem with that is we have no idea what the output numbers were on that car before the MPPK was installed. So we don't really have a baseline reference to compare any potential change. The car could have been making 322HP stock and then measured post MPPK and making 327, which could actually still fall in a range of error (5HP) meaning the MPPK was useless. We simply don't know because no baseline is provided before the modification.

In your case you're being tested on the same dyno before and after mods /tunes are added to the car so your numbers should give you a good idea how much of a change has occurred with them added.

Although I appreciate your detailed explanation, I understand how and why a Dyno works. I was questioning Dinans advertised gains vs reality. Regardless of what machine you're running, you should at least be in the same zip code....

Appreciate 1
      12-12-2015, 08:03 AM   #149
M-terkait
Major
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 3/13

any update on S2 pure with flash?
      12-12-2015, 08:20 AM   #150
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-terkait View Post
any update on S2 pure with flash?
It's coming. ENZO completed MPPK with DinanTronics S2 baseline then removed DT S2 and ran MPPK baseline. They're finalizing their ENZO Tune base now.
Once that's done, they'll start the PureTurbo S2 and supporting goodies install.

Once FBO install is complete, they'll re-tune/Dyno for S2.

Appreciate 1
      12-12-2015, 10:11 AM   #151
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
It's coming. ENZO completed MPPK with DinanTronics S2 baseline then removed DT S2 and ran MPPK baseline. They're finalizing their ENZO Tune base now.
Once that's done, they'll start the PureTurbo S2 and supporting goodies install.

Once FBO install is complete, they'll re-tune/Dyno for S2.

I cant wait to see the results. Chris also gave me some great news, as they will have a bench flash tune coming up in January for those of us that dont want to make the drive to New York and want to do our own turbo upgrade. THey will have some type of flash for stage 1 pure and stage 2 pure. Just like before you just gotta bolt up your own turbo and send them the DME.

I know it wont be making the same power as a custom dyno tune but its a great option vs shipping the car.

SO in conclusion your #'s will be somewhat the pioneer and benchmark for those of us to compare to if we opt for the above solution and do our own dyno locally.
      12-12-2015, 02:25 PM   #152
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Although I appreciate your detailed explanation, I understand how and why a Dyno works. I was questioning Dinans advertised gains vs reality. Regardless of what machine you're running, you should at least be in the same zip code....

No worries, will be interesting to see how those numbers have come out. I've pretty much talked myself out the Dinantronics at this point due to multiple factors seen here in the forum. But I'm getting the feeling your tested info will be the final nail.

Appreciate 3
      12-12-2015, 02:34 PM   #153
lens
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
No worries, will be interesting to see how those numbers have come out. I've pretty much talked myself out the Dinantronics at this point due to multiple factors seen here in the forum. But I'm getting the feeling your tested info will be the final nail.
Same here, it costs 3500$ +tax for a S2 here installed.

After seeing Enzoperformance on their professionalism and friendliness (Important) I was dead set on getting their ECU tune, especially since their numbers are proven as well.
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2015, 03:49 PM   #154
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Just to be clear...I'm MORE than happy to have ENZO use my vehicle as their Test Mule. Ultimately, I'm not looking to break any records, I just wanted the highest output Tune that centers around SAFETY and RELIABILITY. The vehicle will never be tracked, but wanted a "sleeper" to make you look stupid every once in a while!

Will that mean leaving power on the table? Absolutely...but, he'll at least know where that threshold is.

Appreciate 2