F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > OTTO the BIMMER XD (my first bimmer)
GetBMWParts

04-13-2022, 07:07 AM   #1
haarreh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

OTTO the BIMMER XD (my first bimmer)

my first bimmer!! was a huge mb fanboy, but i needed a new car, found a deal cheaper than a honda or toyota, and caved! already on the threshold of feeling mod hunger LOL

the boy is a heavy used 2013 BMW 328i xDrive base model with almost everything except Drive Assist Package and Alarm, which is whatever.

it seems like the previous owners haven't don't much modification or upgrading, so here are some of the things i want to do to him:

1.) ⁠retrofit a Headunit High 2 to upgrade to NBT Evo 5/6 and have smooth Apple Carplay. I already have the larger display from this gen so I'm good with that for now. I've been scouring the salvage yard websites and need to get my hands on the unit + control dial.

2.) ⁠remod my interior trim to
*Fineline Anthracite
*Fineline Pure Wood
*Aluminum Hexagon with Estoril Blue
whichever I can get my hands on, I reached out to a local salvage yard, just waiting to hear back! the silver satin just doesn't sit right with me

3.) ⁠Otto has like 115,000 miles on him, and coming from a Honda Accord, the seats are MAD uncomfy even though I supposedly have Dakota Leather Heated. Have you guys ever used seat covers to make your bummers comfier? Somewhere down the line, I'll replace them with Sport Seats from a salvage car or reupholster them, TBD.

4.) ⁠I noticed the Rotors are quite rusting, my guess is they're OE and need to be replaced soon. Somewhere down the line, I hope to get the Bosch or Brembo calipers! But for now, rear pads are due soon so I'll replace them with Zimmermann Rotors and Hawk HPS 5.0 Pads (i was debating between the Hawk Performance Ceramic and HPS 5, but I couldn't find anything recent of the Zimmermann + Hawk Ceramic combo so i'm settling with 5.0, the lack of bite on the akebono pads make me want to stead clear of them cuz of city traffic and my like of feeling control over the brakes XD). Taking advantage of FCPEURO's lifetime guarantee, and $122.98 + $120.89 for lifetime Rotors + Pads is not a bad deal at all!

5. ⁠It's not too much of a concern to me right now, but the body has a lot of Scuffs, Small Blemishes, Sticky Residue and Scratches, pretty common for a used car. Eventually I plan to get the car wrapped or plastic dip when I can afford it. The Sapphire Black is okay, but I bet I could make Otto look sexier with a better color.

6. ⁠I'm a HUGE fan of ambient lighting! But you can barely see it with my black interior! I did a lot of research, and I plan to upgrade our measly LED Emmitters (under the door) to the German Company benzinfabrik's more updated emitters. The product is listed as 2x2016 SMD LED module circuit board (~$9 each), and it's a single LED that works through a tube to light up under the door. I will also get the higher quality strip covers from amazon (~$60) to help with the tube's light distribution. I'm not set on it yet, but I mighttt also install the lights around the radio unit? Depends on how i'm feeling after doing more research on it.

7. ⁠I heard of this dude on Instagram (franklintsui) who upgrades our key fobs to a more solid design, like they're meant to be!! He charges $350 ish I believe, but I also heard of this company (gatesinnovations.com) who also does them for $180 ish, which is more feasible. This is a must for me! I recommend you guys check them out!

8. ⁠finally, the last thing i can think of are some coding mods! I plan on getting BimmerCode + BimmerLink and the vehicle plug adapter to spice things up here.

9. ⁠I don't care for carbon fiber, honestly. But some amazon upgrades I'm looking at on my wish list: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/l...?ref_=wl_share

As a student, some of these things will be much down the line especially after shelling out on the car! But i'm so excited to for the future and to be a part of the bimmer fam!

If you read this far, what are some things you guys recommend / mods you've done you'd like to share? I'd love to hear them!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0