F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > LCI rear lights
Extreme Powerhouse

05-29-2018, 04:05 PM   #23
SQUARETIP
Rep
Drives: 320D M SPORT TOURER

Yes bud, the longer list. Resorted to tapping into outer indicators using those clever little posi-tap connectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsbmw View Post
The coding above didnt work for you mate? The long list?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 04:07 PM   #24
SQUARETIP
Rep
Drives: 320D M SPORT TOURER

Everything is LED apart from the reverse light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyJawa View Post
Are the reversing lights still bulbs in LCI clusters or are they integral into the unit?

Edit to add, lights fitted yesterday, coding done this morning as per my post and the indicators work perfectly!

Double edit - to say coding was done with Esys.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 10:11 AM   #25
r9vre
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 330d

Hi
Could someone please share some light on this, I am in the same boat, fitted the new lci rear lights following the original bmw retrofit pdf instructions, used original oem harness, followed all the correct steps in the instructions from bmw, had my car coded from DD CODING, but still my inner turn blinkers don’t work.
Could someone help who have sorted this issue without splicing into the outer blinkers.
Much appreciated
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 11:01 AM   #26
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Mine was reflashed today, lci lights added to the car by Simon and still had to tweak the coding to get the inners working, but that was it, just coding. Seems strange its not working for some people.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 08:55 AM   #27
ViRUS_RiP
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335D M Sport

Hi,

Had this retrofit done over the weekend, followed the BMW retrofit PDF exactly to the letter without splicing. Inner blinkers did not work but after 5 mins of coding this morning by following SkyJawa's post on page one (long code list, post 15), the inner blinkers are working as intended. Also coded rear day running lights to stay on. Looks AMAZING!

Thank you for all the info on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by r9vre View Post
Hi
Could someone please share some light on this, I am in the same boat, fitted the new lci rear lights following the original bmw retrofit pdf instructions, used original oem harness, followed all the correct steps in the instructions from bmw, had my car coded from DD CODING, but still my inner turn blinkers don’t work.
Could someone help who have sorted this issue without splicing into the outer blinkers.
Much appreciated
Thanks
Hey, did DD coding inform you what they actually coded, I mean a list or something? I see you're in London too, if you don't have the tools to code yourself, I can repeat what I did for mine - it's really quick and simple? Can meet up somewhere... just an option.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 04:08 PM   #28
StreetyF30
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30

Hi I’m new to the forum and this is going to be my first mod, can somebody tell me how and where I put that list of code in on the BimmerCode app please? Thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 04:20 PM   #29
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetyF30 View Post
Hi I’m new to the forum and this is going to be my first mod, can somebody tell me how and where I put that list of code in on the BimmerCode app please? Thank you
That list is the esys way, but you should have them all showing if you use advanced mode in Bimmercode
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 04:32 PM   #30
StreetyF30
Registered
Rep

Quote:
That list is the esys way, but you should have them all showing if you use advanced mode in Bimmercode
Thanks for the fast reply mate, btw I’ve just found these on eBay

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F 283376129721

Says they are plug and play and don’t require coding or the harness, anyone else used non genuine lights ?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 02:04 AM   #31
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep

I don’t know anyone that’s posted on here that has. Two things would bother me, near the bottom of the listing:

“Some cars may need loom harness and coding”

But they say plug and play, so which is it! And:

“Lamps are unbranded and not CE marked”

I think not CE marked makes them illegal for road use (happy to be told I’m wrong), though you’d probably be unlucky to get caught.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 08:27 AM   #32
skipraider
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 BMW 335i

Quote:
I don’t know anyone that’s posted on here that has. Two things would bother me, near the bottom of the listing:

“Some cars may need loom harness and coding”

But they say plug and play, so which is it! And:

“Lamps are unbranded and not CE marked”

I think not CE marked makes them illegal for road use (happy to be told I’m wrong), though you’d probably be unlucky to get caught.
I notice they also do the standard LCI style:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLEAR-Tail-light-RearLamp-LED-BMW-3-Series-F30-F80-12-15-Dynamic-Signal-UK-STOCK/273698525938?hash=item3fb9b412f2:g:K9kAAOSwFfJcYsL T:rk:41f:0

If they do work, it could be an easy swap rather than cutting into looms to fit the BMW LCI lights. However, i also noticed this: "Dynamic Swiping Indicators so better then original lamps". I'm guessing that is the Audi style indicators which i'm not a fan of.
      02-16-2019, 10:25 AM   #33
StreetyF30
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipraider View Post
I notice they also do the standard LCI style:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLEAR-Tail-light-RearLamp-LED-BMW-3-Series-F30-F80-12-15-Dynamic-Signal-UK-STOCK/273698525938?hash=item3fb9b412f2:g:K9kAAOSwFfJcYsL T:rk:41f:0

If they do work, it could be an easy swap rather than cutting into looms to fit the BMW LCI lights. However, i also noticed this: "Dynamic Swiping Indicators so better then original lamps". I'm guessing that is the Audi style indicators which i'm not a fan of.
I am debating getting these, I emailed them and they have told me that my 2014 f30 will not need the extra harness, but my second worry is how they will look/Fit compared to genuine ones, even the genuine need runners to fit in properly I think
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 02:00 PM   #34
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetyF30 View Post
I am debating getting these, I emailed them and they have told me that my 2014 f30 will not need the extra harness, but my second worry is how they will look/Fit compared to genuine ones, even the genuine need runners to fit in properly I think
You can get away with the existing drip rails but really need the lci ones as the lights sit slightly more proud, oem that is.
Appreciate 0