F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > 2018 440i Gran Coupe Pricing?
ARMA SPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-14-2021, 11:04 PM   #1
TreyTwoEight
Captain
TreyTwoEight's Avatar
144
Rep
632
Posts

Drives: '11 328xi |'18 440xi GranCoupe
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Staten Island, NYC

iTrader: (0)

2018 440i Gran Coupe Pricing?

Looking to replace my E90 and saw a F36 440i, pretty much fully loaded with 7.9k miles. The car is grey on black & looks to have MPPSK. Dealer is asking 42k. Offered 39k but wondering if I'm over paying in the grand scheme of things. I know used car prices are up in general and I don't want to lose a ton of money if prices happen to stabilize soon if I'm over paying.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 09:36 AM   #2
aardate
Private First Class
aardate's Avatar
United_States
97
Rep
191
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Used car prices are pretty insane right now. I'm surprised the price isn't even higher than that! If you are worried about car prices dropping soon then I would say this is the wrong time to be buying a car
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2021, 11:44 AM   #3
TreyTwoEight
Captain
TreyTwoEight's Avatar
144
Rep
632
Posts

Drives: '11 328xi |'18 440xi GranCoupe
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Staten Island, NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardate View Post
Used car prices are pretty insane right now. I'm surprised the price isn't even higher than that! If you are worried about car prices dropping soon then I would say this is the wrong time to be buying a car
Yeah prices are ridiculous, F80s are even worse. The KBB price for this car is 43.9k - $48.8k. Just want to make sure I'm not passing on a good deal. Idk how much these cars were going for pre pandemic.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 12:10 PM   #4
aardate
Private First Class
aardate's Avatar
United_States
97
Rep
191
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

I got my 2018 340i last year before the prices went nuts. It's got everything but the track pack and had only 16k miles on it. I paid like $34 for it. Didn't have the mppsk which is about 3-4K if you add it on afterwords. So I think the dealer price is pretty reasonable
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 01:07 PM   #5
TreyTwoEight
Captain
TreyTwoEight's Avatar
144
Rep
632
Posts

Drives: '11 328xi |'18 440xi GranCoupe
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Staten Island, NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardate View Post
I got my 2018 340i last year before the prices went nuts. It's got everything but the track pack and had only 16k miles on it. I paid like $34 for it. Didn't have the mppsk which is about 3-4K if you add it on afterwords. So I think the dealer price is pretty reasonable
Yeah it seems like mid to high 30s is what it should be. Also seems like F36s typically are a bit more expensive then F30s as well. Is there any other indicators that the car has MPPSK other than the exhaust that I can see from pictures?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 02:03 PM   #6
aardate
Private First Class
aardate's Avatar
United_States
97
Rep
191
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Under the hood should be a sticker that says mperformance or something. Usually they put it on the engine cover or somewhere close to it.
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2021, 07:29 PM   #7
quakerroatmeal
Private
36
Rep
95
Posts

Drives: 2018 430i Grand Coupe
Join Date: May 2021
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Iím surprise the dealer is willing to let you negotiate. Most dealers here are non negotiable especially with how hot used car prices are right now. Check all around the area and compare prices is the best bet. Itís a sellers market right now.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 09:34 PM   #8
TreyTwoEight
Captain
TreyTwoEight's Avatar
144
Rep
632
Posts

Drives: '11 328xi |'18 440xi GranCoupe
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Staten Island, NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardate View Post
Under the hood should be a sticker that says mperformance or something. Usually they put it on the engine cover or somewhere close to it.
Thank you, gonna see if the dealer will send pictures of the engine bay.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 10:30 PM   #9
TreyTwoEight
Captain
TreyTwoEight's Avatar
144
Rep
632
Posts

Drives: '11 328xi |'18 440xi GranCoupe
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Staten Island, NYC

iTrader: (0)

Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal View Post
I'm surprise the dealer is willing to let you negotiate. Most dealers here are non negotiable especially with how hot used car prices are right now. Check all around the area and compare prices is the best bet. It's a sellers market right now.
They aren't particularly willing actually lol. But we'll see. Hopefully they'll come down
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 05:48 PM   #10
oonowindoo
First Lieutenant
79
Rep
350
Posts

Drives: 2021 M340i RWD
Join Date: May 2013
Location: LA

iTrader: (0)

take it at 42k if you MUST buy a car now...


My local dealer is selling my lease returned 2018 F30 340i (60k original MSRP) at $40k with 34k miles.... NON NEOGOTIABLE My friend works at the dealer just told me that there are currently 3 bidders on it after the car was listed for 24 hours. They expect the car will be sold over asking price...

A semi loaded 440i with 8k miles at 42k is very "reasonable" price as of August 2021. Too low IMO
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 10:00 PM   #11
quakerroatmeal
Private
36
Rep
95
Posts

Drives: 2018 430i Grand Coupe
Join Date: May 2021
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyTwoEight View Post
They aren't particularly willing actually lol. But we'll see. Hopefully they'll come down
What did the dealer say?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 12:04 AM   #12
TreyTwoEight
Captain
TreyTwoEight's Avatar
144
Rep
632
Posts

Drives: '11 328xi |'18 440xi GranCoupe
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Staten Island, NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyTwoEight View Post
They aren't particularly willing actually lol. But we'll see. Hopefully they'll come down
What did the dealer say?
Quote:
Originally Posted by oonowindoo View Post
take it at 42k if you MUST buy a car now...


My local dealer is selling my lease returned 2018 F30 340i (60k original MSRP) at $40k with 34k miles.... NON NEOGOTIABLE My friend works at the dealer just told me that there are currently 3 bidders on it after the car was listed for 24 hours. They expect the car will be sold over asking price...

A semi loaded 440i with 8k miles at 42k is very "reasonable" price as of August 2021. Too low IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyTwoEight View Post
They aren't particularly willing actually lol. But we'll see. Hopefully they'll come down
What did the dealer say?
I ended up getting it for 41.3k. Just got delivered at the end of last week. I love the car so far!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 06:18 PM   #13
quakerroatmeal
Private
36
Rep
95
Posts

Drives: 2018 430i Grand Coupe
Join Date: May 2021
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Looks good, congrats! Looks like you're already cleaning her up with some Griots Garage cleaning supplies.
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2021, 10:22 PM   #14
TreyTwoEight
Captain
TreyTwoEight's Avatar
144
Rep
632
Posts

Drives: '11 328xi |'18 440xi GranCoupe
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Staten Island, NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal View Post
Looks good, congrats! Looks like you're already cleaning her up with some Griots Garage cleaning supplies.
Thanks man, I appreciate it! Gonna do an intro thread soon. My boy was actually cleaning her up for me lol. He's big on detailing & loves Griots. Uses it on all his cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 01:04 PM   #15
Randy Johnson
BM3
151
Rep
493
Posts

Drives: BMW 435i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Miami FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Wow you over paid 10K!!!

Congrats!!!
__________________
435i GC M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 01:16 PM   #16
TreyTwoEight
Captain
TreyTwoEight's Avatar
144
Rep
632
Posts

Drives: '11 328xi |'18 440xi GranCoupe
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Staten Island, NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Johnson View Post
Wow you over paid 10K!!!

Congrats!!!
Can you show me a 3 year old 440i xDrive GC in perfect condition, essentially fully loaded with the MPPSK, still under warranty & under 8k miles for 31k?
Appreciate 3
      08-09-2021, 02:57 PM   #17
aardate
Private First Class
aardate's Avatar
United_States
97
Rep
191
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Congrats on the new car! I think you got a fair deal; the car is practically new with only 8k miles on it! Enjoy it
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 07:07 PM   #18
TreyTwoEight
Captain
TreyTwoEight's Avatar
144
Rep
632
Posts

Drives: '11 328xi |'18 440xi GranCoupe
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Staten Island, NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardate View Post
Congrats on the new car! I think you got a fair deal; the car is practically new with only 8k miles on it! Enjoy it
Thank you, I appreciate it! I think so too all things considered. I love the car so far! Feels amazing coming from an 11' E90 328xi that I've had for 7 years. Although, that's a wonderful car as well in its own regards.
Appreciate 1
aardate96.50
      08-09-2021, 10:27 PM   #19
quakerroatmeal
Private
36
Rep
95
Posts

Drives: 2018 430i Grand Coupe
Join Date: May 2021
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyTwoEight View Post
Can you show me a 3 year old 440i xDrive GC in perfect condition, essentially fully loaded with the MPPSK, still under warranty & under 8k miles for 31k?
I too would like to know this cause I'd buy it right now..
Appreciate 1
      08-10-2021, 11:24 AM   #20
TreyTwoEight
Captain
TreyTwoEight's Avatar
144
Rep
632
Posts

Drives: '11 328xi |'18 440xi GranCoupe
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Staten Island, NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal View Post
I too would like to know this cause I'd buy it right now..
You and me both. That guy has no idea what he's talking about.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 05:02 PM   #21
AMG KLR
Lieutenant
AMG KLR's Avatar
112
Rep
565
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i GC
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

That's a great "deal". Mine was fully loaded but missing track handling package, plus it had 23k miles. I got it for around 38k after fees.

Just enjoy the car. The F36 is a great platform
Appreciate 1
      08-10-2021, 08:19 PM   #22
TreyTwoEight
Captain
TreyTwoEight's Avatar
144
Rep
632
Posts

Drives: '11 328xi |'18 440xi GranCoupe
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Staten Island, NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG KLR View Post
That's a great "deal". Mine was fully loaded but missing track handling package, plus it had 23k miles. I got it for around 38k after fees.

Just enjoy the car. The F36 is a great platform
Thanks, I thought the deal was pretty decent when cars with 3-4 times the mileage and less options are selling for 42-50k before fees in the tristate.

I love the car already! I just got some carbon fiber goods to put on it. Definitely a great platform so far.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST