F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Changing NBT Country Coding
proTUNING Freaks

08-28-2018, 10:53 PM   #1
kiwidecal
Rep
Drives: 2013 x3 35i

Question Changing NBT Country Coding

Hi Guys,

I am looking to flash a Japanese NBT to Australia/New Zealand version.

From what I have found I need to edit my FA with the following changes and then flash the NBT.

Change:
L810A from L807A
S852A to S853A

Has anyone on here done this before or something similar?

My current I-Step is F025-13-07-505 which is PSdZData 50.3. Is there any issue only flashing the NBT to the latest version?

Thanks

Last edited by kiwidecal; 08-28-2018 at 11:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 05:13 AM   #2
Ibo24
New BMW owner
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 316d, BMW F40 116d

Garage List
Keep in mind you use a ICOM and flash KOMBI to.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 03:51 PM   #3
kiwidecal
Rep

Can it not be done with E-Sys and a ENET cable? Why does the kombi need flashed?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 04:50 PM   #4
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidecal View Post
Hi Guys,

I am looking to flash a Japanese NBT to Australia/New Zealand version.

From what I have found I need to edit my FA with the following changes and then flash the NBT.

Change:
L810A from L807A
S852A to S853A
Why do you want to flash the NBT?
Change the Salapa-Options in your VO and then only code the NBT.
All changes will be automatically set.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 06:26 PM   #5
kiwidecal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atzebmw View Post
Why do you want to flash the NBT?
Change the Salapa-Options in your VO and then only code the NBT.
All changes will be automatically set.
Cool. Ill try this now then.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 10:27 PM   #6
kiwidecal
Rep

atzebmw

This worked perfectly!
Thank you very much for your help.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 03:10 PM   #7
Dave NZ
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: F56 Clubman, F39 X2

Maps

Hi kiwidecal
After you changed L810A from L807A and S852A to S853A - is the next step to load the maps?
Cheers
Dave
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 08:00 PM   #8
wlu17
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320Li&640i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave NZ View Post
Hi kiwidecal
After you changed L810A from L807A and S852A to S853A - is the next step to load the maps?
Cheers
Dave
Hey Dave I did it successfully!! after your VO coded all settings will shift to AUS standard automatically. So it gives accessibility to load AUS/NZ map, but if you having Japanese NBT(Asia version) which may have to rewrite FSC application back to ECE/US version then it will be activated. Otherwise in my case that the NZ NAVI were usable for just 1-2mins then suddenly greyed out.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 05:38 AM   #9
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep
Drives: M3LR

You'll need an FSC for Auz map, easy to do with one of the many fsc calculators or I can do it if you extract the DE FSC from the Headunit.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 11:43 AM   #10
bmw1700
Rep
Drives: 2010 750Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlu17 View Post
Hey Dave I did it successfully!! after your VO coded all settings will shift to AUS standard automatically. So it gives accessibility to load AUS/NZ map, but if you having Japanese NBT(Asia version) which may have to rewrite FSC application back to ECE/US version then it will be activated. Otherwise in my case that the NZ NAVI were usable for just 1-2mins then suddenly greyed out.
Thanks,
I did it on 2015 F30 imported from Korea
I removed L802A and S867A from the FA and replaced them by my home country language and version. I used this thread to get the options number:
https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/f...ements.966607/

After that, I replaced the FSCs by new ones and put new map data via USB.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2020, 03:03 AM   #11
wlu17
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1700 View Post
Thanks,
I did it on 2015 F30 imported from Korea
I removed L802A and S867A from the FA and replaced them by my home country language and version. I used this thread to get the options number:
https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/f...ements.966607/

After that, I replaced the FSCs by new ones and put new map data via USB.
Which area of the map did you load is within Asia? As far as i know is that 2 different FSC application kit has been used for NBT Navigation:
00A0 Navigation System Professional ECE/US
00A1 Navigation System Professional Asia

Initially i used FDL coding changed the Hu_NBT county(Japan to AUS)/Navi_Variante(Japan to ECE), I was able to put Australia map with New fsc code and map data. However it has not been activated while Japan map is still workable when I Coded back FDL to Japan which means I am having 2 map data in my NBT unit LOL.

So even after VO coded with my country language and version(just overwrite FDL section as I have done before) where the Navi still greyed out. Due to the different unit version of NBT which I eventually relised that...

After rewrite FSC application someone from eBay my Australia map works perfectly. So im thinking if your area is within the version then it may only need FDL coded Navi region and converting NAVI use new fsc code and map data.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2020, 09:29 AM   #12
bmw1700
Rep
Drives: 2010 750Li

Quote:
Which area of the map did you load is within Asia? As far as i know is that 2 different FSC application kit has been used for NBT Navigation:
00A0 Navigation System Professional ECE/US
00A1 Navigation System Professional Asia

Initially i used FDL coding changed the Hu_NBT county(Japan to AUS)/Navi_Variante(Japan to ECE), I was able to put Australia map with New fsc code and map data. However it has not been activated while Japan map is still workable when I Coded back FDL to Japan which means I am having 2 map data in my NBT unit LOL.

So even after VO coded with my country language and version(just overwrite FDL section as I have done before) where the Navi still greyed out. Due to the different unit version of NBT which I eventually relised that...

After rewrite FSC application someone from eBay my Australia map works perfectly. So im thinking if your area is within the version then it may only need FDL coded Navi region and converting NAVI use new fsc code and map data.
Three FSCs are required:
1. 00A0
2. 00DE
3. 00xx where xx depends on what map you want to have. e.g.
00A8 US
00A9 Europe
00AB Middle east
00AC North Africa
00AD South Africa
00AF South America
00B0 India
00CA Turkey

These FSCs must be accepted.
You could load 00A1 but there is no point in doing that if you are not in Japan, Korea..
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2020, 12:20 AM   #13
wlu17
Registered
Rep

Many thanks!!!
Wow that’ll makes more sense to me now. Anyway my NZ map is usable now after I struggling nearly a month.. Will see if there’s really a chance to take her back to my hometown or Japan even for a big road trip after COVID!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 04:50 AM   #14
sobanoodle
Rep
Drives: F06

Hey team, can one of you please elaborate on what my next step should be.

I vo-coded NBT and Kombi with 810 and 853. Now I need to load AU/NZ maps. Do I just need the maps + FSC code or there is more to it? Navigation menu is currently greyed out.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 09:37 PM   #15
wlu17
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobanoodle View Post
Hey team, can one of you please elaborate on what my next step should be.

I vo-coded NBT and Kombi with 810 and 853. Now I need to load AU/NZ maps. Do I just need the maps + FSC code or there is more to it? Navigation menu is currently greyed out.

Cheers
Yes it will let you load map with AUS/NZ fsc code now. So have you loaded NZ map yet? Did it greyed out also? if so the solution in my case was to get plug-in fsc usb file via eBay and done.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 09:42 PM   #16
sobanoodle
Rep
Drives: F06

Quote:
Yes it will let you load map with AUS/NZ fsc code now. So have you loaded NZ map yet? Did it greyed out also? if so the solution in my case was to get plug-in fsc usb file via eBay and done.

Yep got it all sorted in the end. 2021 maps, generated activation FSC code + FCS retrofit pack to enable ECE navi.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 05:05 AM   #17
4x4kiwi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW Active Hybrid 3

Hi Guys. I looked into this when I first got my car and was under the impression to change to NZ maps on a Jap import car was not so straight forward and required something like a new image of the Hard drive to be installed. I am hoping you are saying this is not the case. I can do the changes to the codes with esys and have a copy of the AUS/NZ maps (I think 2020 NEXT from memory). I pulled the current FSC (DE) code from my car, and used it to generate a new code for the maps I have. I have both a lifetime and single use code. Is this all I need or is the 'FCS retrofit pack to enable ECE navi' mentioned something else again. Would be great to get the NZ maps working if possible. wlu17 or sobanoodle ( or kiwidecal) - I would be keen to contact you to discuss in more detail if you were happy for me to PM you my number. (assuming you are in NZ) Thanks in advance David (Auckland NZ)
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 02:32 PM   #18
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4kiwi View Post
Hi Guys. I looked into this when I first got my car and was under the impression to change to NZ maps on a Jap import car was not so straight forward and required something like a new image of the Hard drive to be installed. I am hoping you are saying this is not the case. I can do the changes to the codes with esys and have a copy of the AUS/NZ maps (I think 2020 NEXT from memory). I pulled the current FSC (DE) code from my car, and used it to generate a new code for the maps I have. I have both a lifetime and single use code. Is this all I need or is the 'FCS retrofit pack to enable ECE navi' mentioned something else again. Would be great to get the NZ maps working if possible. wlu17 or sobanoodle ( or kiwidecal) - I would be keen to contact you to discuss in more detail if you were happy for me to PM you my number. (assuming you are in NZ) Thans in advance David (Auckland NZ)
You need to flash NBT with proper Aus/NZ FA, then pull DE (not current one) and then use it for Map Update. ECC HDD Image is also needed in case of older CIC Head Unit, but not NBT..

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 03:31 PM   #19
4x4kiwi
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks again Shawn. I will give it a go. Just to confirm - when you say "then pull DE (not current one) and then use it for Map Update" is that different from " I pulled the current FSC (DE) code from my car, and used it to generate a new code for the maps I have." (this was using an FSC code generator off this forum somewhere.) Do I still need to purchase some other code from somewhere. Thanks David
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 03:43 PM   #20
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks again Shawn. I will give it a go. Just to confirm - when you say "then pull DE (not current one) and then use it for Map Update" is that different from " I pulled the current FSC (DE) code from my car, and used it to generate a new code for the maps I have." (this was using an FSC code generator off this forum somewhere.) Do I still need to purchase some other code from somewhere. Thanks David
The current DE is for Asian (e.g. Japan) NEXT FSC Code. You need DE after it's been reflashed to Aus/NZ if you want Australia / NZ NEXT FSC Code.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 08:06 PM   #21
4x4kiwi
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hi Shawn. I have not tried to install the maps yet - so it may just work BUT, I changed the FA ( by changing SALAPA elements L807A to L810A and S852A to S853A) - and flashed NBT with the new FA. I then Re- Extracted my DE file and used it in the FSC Generator to generate an FSC code for the map installation.
The (possible) problem I have is the generated code is exactly the same as the one I got last week when I pulled the DE file before doing the FA changes. I have no easy way to check if the pulled DE file is different. Was there something else I needed to do after writing the new FA to the car( and flashing the NBT ) to get it to change the DE file before I extracted it. Or more of a worry do I need the "FCS retrofit pack to enable ECE navi." mentioned in previous posts. i.e will it not automatically regenerate the DE file itself to incorporate the changes.
Thanks again
David
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 08:18 PM   #22
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hi Shawn. I have not tried to install the maps yet - so it may just work BUT, I changed the FA ( by changing SALAPA elements L807A to L810A and S852A to S853A) - and flashed NBT with the new FA. I then Re- Extracted my DE file and used it in the FSC Generator to generate an FSC code for the map installation.
The (possible) problem I have is the generated code is exactly the same as the one I got last week when I pulled the DE file before doing the FA changes. I have no easy way to check if the pulled DE file is different. Was there something else I needed to do after writing the new FA to the car( and flashing the NBT ) to get it to change the DE file before I extracted it. Or more of a worry do I need the "FCS retrofit pack to enable ECE navi." mentioned in previous posts. i.e will it not automatically regenerate the DE file itself to incorporate the changes.
Thanks again
David
Did A1 FSC Code convert to A0 or it is still A1?

Appreciate 0