F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > M Perf Power&Sound Kit
Studio RSR

08-30-2020, 09:44 AM   #1
HugoBoss
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i /X5xDrive35i

M Perf Power&Sound Kit

Is it really worth the investment? And do you truly get an extra 35hp and 35ft-lb of torque?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 10:09 AM   #2
Astute
PsyD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-sport

Garage List
So, I think this is a great question for the B58 subforum. But since you posted it here, I'll try to answer. I think that the MPPSK is overpriced for the tune and exhaust. BMW now sells the full exhaust without the tune, so if that's what you're looking for, I would get that.

The only reason why the MPPSK is worth it is if you're looking to keep your warranty intact. That is a great reason to get it. You get a mild tune and a great sounding exhaust.

But, if you just want a tune, get BM3 or MHD. They are more customizable, cheaper, and you will make more power. There are other good exhausts that you can get as well for roughly the same price or less than the MPPSK exhaust. BMW also sells an M performance axleback as well, which isn't the full catback that the MPPSK is.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 11:09 AM   #3
aardate
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X4MC

I do believe the power increase figures with the BMW tune. As for the cost/benefit its really a matter of personal preference considering that you are getting a legit BMW tune and exhaust system specifically made by BMW for this specific car, I think this by itself is worth something?

for me personally I think its a bit overpriced and I would be on the lookout to by this package if I get a 25% discount on it.

Also, for what its worth. I used to own a 640i GC and I installed the BMW m performance exhaust which sounded great but there was a significant drone in the 1800-2200 rpm range that I could not stand, it was really a deal breaker for me. So that's something I would be looking out for when and if I purchase this kit.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 10:23 PM   #4
HugoBoss
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i /X5xDrive35i

Thank you all for the input!!
Appreciate 0