F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Nbt retrofit question
proTUNING Freaks

02-19-2021, 07:37 PM   #1
heifetz17
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328xi

Nbt retrofit question

Hi all. I’m following this guide https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/n...-guide.914613/ to retrofit nbt and the only difference/issue I’ve found is my original head unit doesn’t seem to have a Bluetooth cable in the back. I have black and white connectors which I believe are am/fm, a pink connector, and the display connector. Where would I find my Bluetooth connector to plug into my new head unit?

I also had no sound when I tested everything. What would cause that? I had to reinstall my original equipment for the time being because the display terminal was damaged on my nbt hu, so I’m waiting on an exchange.
      02-19-2021, 10:15 PM   #2
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by heifetz17 View Post
Hi all. I’m following this guide https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/n...-guide.914613/ to retrofit nbt and the only difference/issue I’ve found is my original head unit doesn’t seem to have a Bluetooth cable in the back. I have black and white connectors which I believe are am/fm, a pink connector, and the display connector. Where would I find my Bluetooth connector to plug into my new head unit?

I also had no sound when I tested everything. What would cause that? I had to reinstall my original equipment for the time being because the display terminal was damaged on my nbt hu, so I’m waiting on an exchange.
Does your car have SOS? If so, you're going to need to replace the Bluetooth, Microphone and USB connections and terminate the most loop since these are all going to the combox in the trunk currently.

The more difficult route would be to remove those connections from the combox in the trunk and reroute them over to the head unit area but this will involve pulling out the carpet and removing the rear seats.

We do have wiring kits available to make this seamless and less difficult if you need help with that.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 10:44 PM   #3
heifetz17
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I do have SOS, although it doesn’t function anymore of course. Can you point me in the right direction of what exactly I’ll need to do? Thanks much!

Also, would the sound not be working because I haven’t actually coded the VO yet?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 10:27 AM   #4
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by heifetz17 View Post
I do have SOS, although it doesn’t function anymore of course. Can you point me in the right direction of what exactly I’ll need to do? Thanks much!

Also, would the sound not be working because I haven’t actually coded the VO yet?
The sound issue is likely due to the head unit being coded to a different amp, Harman Kardon vs Hi-FI so VO coding should sort it out.

If you need help with the wiring or need some plug and play adapters, feel free to PM.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 08:23 PM   #5
heifetz17
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Sent a pm, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 08:41 PM   #6
Artisdeff
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Xdrive

combox help

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve@codemybimmer View Post
Does your car have SOS? If so, you're going to need to replace the Bluetooth, Microphone and USB connections and terminate the most loop since these are all going to the combox in the trunk currently.

The more difficult route would be to remove those connections from the combox in the trunk and reroute them over to the head unit area but this will involve pulling out the carpet and removing the rear seats.

We do have wiring kits available to make this seamless and less difficult if you need help with that.
Hi hows it going? i was searching the forum for some help on a combox issue and i came across this thread. do you think you could help me out?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 01:17 PM   #7
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisdeff View Post
Hi hows it going? i was searching the forum for some help on a combox issue and i came across this thread. do you think you could help me out?
Sure, feel free to shoot me a PM!
Appreciate 0