F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Mythbusting with H&R Super Sports on my F32 Adaptive Suspension/EDC
Extreme Powerhouse

05-10-2020, 01:56 AM   #1
bajis
Bmwbeej
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Mythbusting with H&R Super Sports on my F32 Adaptive Suspension/EDC

I searched long and hard for the truth but its in my nature to find out the hard way. Potentially.

Just started modifying my F32 435i with EDC/Adaptive Suspension

So far we have Bm3 Stage 1 with a charge pipe, colder spark plugs and new coil packs. She just got a lip put on too so ill show u guys pics of how low it looks up front too.

I have h&r supersports coming this week along with new rotors/pads/lines.

If anyone wants to chime in on this feel free.

I'm slightly concerned about blowing the dampers out but idk, dinan shockware will go on too to keep it stiff Edit: Also adding e39 front bumpstops and F8x rears. Shouts to Farkles bumpstop post

Edit Again: e39/e60 all around for the bumpstops- EAS sourced em, less hassle. Out the door $120 Also ordered 12mm spacers up front and 15mm for the rears by motorsport hardware. This was supposed to be as cheap as possible lol startin to rack up but its okay.. way less than street comforts

Lets see how this goes.
Stock Stance & Lowered
Attached Images

Last edited by bajis; 05-22-2020 at 06:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 03:59 PM   #2
kpgray
GasCompressor
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche 911 Cabriolet

H&R is pretty stiff suspension, is this RWD or xDrive? the adaptive should handle it OK, you are doing right thing putting on the Dinan Dampners. Are you looking at the adjustable rod ends for the sway bars? You may be OK with RWD but the H&R will put a lot of pre-load if you have xDrive.

2022 Porsche 911 Cabriolet Agate Grey/Black PDK
2019 440i M-Sport Smoke Topaz Metallic/Opel (Sold)
2014 335i M-Sport Black/Beige MPPK/MPE (Totaled)
2013 328i Sport xDrive Imperial Blue/Grey (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 11:09 PM   #3
bajis
Bmwbeej
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgray View Post
H&R is pretty stiff suspension, is this RWD or xDrive? the adaptive should handle it OK, you are doing right thing putting on the Dinan Dampners. Are you looking at the adjustable rod ends for the sway bars? You may be OK with RWD but the H&R will put a lot of pre-load if you have xDrive.
Its RWD, springs arrived yesterday morning. Just waiting on bump stops to come in then will install and take her in for shockware after about 1k miles or so.
TY for your insight! im stoked, hoping im not the only one with this setup but it feels like it so far haha

Last edited by bajis; 05-22-2020 at 06:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 11:23 PM   #4
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
IIRC StealthnShadow has H&R super sports on EDC for a while now (more than a year). His car is pretty low.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 1
johnung4512.00
      05-10-2020, 11:45 PM   #5
bajis
Bmwbeej
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
IIRC StealthnShadow has H&R super sports on EDC for a while now (more than a year). His car is pretty low.
Sweet! my previous cars sat very low on coilovers, they don't compare in tech to this car but itll be cool to eliminate wheel gap, have the car drive well and still maintain tech.

He has an F31 Wagon, i believe they sit lower than the f32's with the same spring right?

Last edited by bajis; 05-10-2020 at 11:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 02:32 AM   #6
Tchao
Boost Addict
Rep
Drives: E30, E82, F30, F87

Ive been on H&R-ss and EDC for over 50k+ miles and 3 years. So far so good. Its a bit under dampened on comfort, but in Sport modes its perfect for a daily. H&Rs are still to soft to track on the F30 platform, as its a whale of a car for only a 3-series.
      05-12-2020, 01:08 AM   #7
bajis
Bmwbeej
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchao View Post
Ive been on H&R-ss and EDC for over 50k+ miles and 3 years. So far so good. Its a bit under dampened on comfort, but in Sport modes its perfect for a daily. H&Rs are still to soft to track on the F30 platform, as its a whale of a car for only a 3-series.
YES BLESS UP SIR
Dinan shockware?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 02:33 PM   #8
StealthnShadow
Photographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 BMW M2 (LCI)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajis View Post
Quote:
Sweet! my previous cars sat very low on coilovers, they don't compare in tech to this car but itll be cool to eliminate wheel gap, have the car drive well and still maintain tech.

He has an F31 Wagon, i believe they sit lower than the f32's with the same spring right?
I actually have H&R Sport springs not the SuperSports as they do not make supersports for our wagons (last time I checked - I will fact check myself later after work and edit this accordingly). I have had my H&R Sport Springs for almost two years now and I have enjoyed every minute of them. If you have any further questions feel free to dm me and can't wait to see the results of all your part purchases.

Sidenote: Let me know how the Dinan Shockwave software goes for you I thought about it but when I heard the stiffness is truly felt and comfort becomes sport of old I decided to not pursue it as my wife would then not want to ride in the wagon. Let me know what you find out thanks.
      05-14-2020, 12:27 AM   #9
bajis
Bmwbeej
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthnShadow View Post
I actually have H&R Sport springs not the SuperSports as they do not make supersports for our wagons (last time I checked - I will fact check myself later after work and edit this accordingly). I have had my H&R Sport Springs for almost two years now and I have enjoyed every minute of them. If you have any further questions feel free to dm me and can't wait to see the results of all your part purchases.

Sidenote: Let me know how the Dinan Shockwave software goes for you I thought about it but when I heard the stiffness is truly felt and comfort becomes sport of old I decided to not pursue it as my wife would then not want to ride in the wagon. Let me know what you find out thanks.

Thank you! yes will do, waiting for everything to come in then will take a day to install. Will def update you. Appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 06:27 PM   #10
bajis
Bmwbeej
United_States
Rep

Here are some after and befores with the springs, bumpstops, and spacers
dinan shockware next, expecting them so settle a little bit
rides great i really notice tightness in comfort
Attached Images

Last edited by bajis; 05-22-2020 at 08:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
cfm56d7b5853.50
      05-22-2020, 07:11 PM   #11
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

bajis, the car looks great. Thanks for sharing.

What shop did the installation? Any plans to get 4 wheel alignment?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 08:05 PM   #12
bajis
Bmwbeej
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
bajis, the car looks great. Thanks for sharing.

What shop did the installation? Any plans to get 4 wheel alignment?

Thank you!
4 wheel alignment coming soon, i will be having camber adjustable LCA Bushings installed first. Early next week hopefully. Car has 0 rubbing issues, but better to be safe

I had a local euro tuner who runs a mobile service company do the install alongside brake rotors, pads and SS lines. Substantially cheaper than a shop and his work was very quick and he did great. We just had a hiccup bleeding the system but found out the front brake calipers had 2 bleeding ports per caliper and that took any air out. Pedal feels great
Appreciate 1
cfm56d7b5853.50
      05-24-2020, 02:55 AM   #13
Neosakai
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i xDrive

I was reading on another thread that doing H&R super sports with adaptive suspension will throw error codes because it drops the car too low for the adaptive suspension. was there a reset done or something to solve this? Or did you not have any problems with the electronics/codes?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 03:14 PM   #14
bajis
Bmwbeej
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neosakai View Post
I was reading on another thread that doing H&R super sports with adaptive suspension will throw error codes because it drops the car too low for the adaptive suspension. was there a reset done or something to solve this? Or did you not have any problems with the electronics/codes?
no codes or issues, but definitely get the bump stops
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 01:22 PM   #15
f30hobbes
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i 6MT

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [8.50]
Old thread but i was wondering if you were experiencing any rubbing on the super sports? I have a f30 with Adaptive m Suspension with 442ms lowered on super sports and have been experiencing rubbing as of late
Appreciate 0