F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Trying to do underglow
Extreme Powerhouse

02-25-2021, 03:46 PM   #89
BimmerDoctor
Enlisted Member
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxdmax View Post
Are you able to change the color? I'd love to see how I like it in green.

...so...how'd you do this, if you don't mind? Are you glad you did it? Do the ladies come up to you all the time like they did to me when I painted my tires green? They'd say "are your tires green?" That's when I knew I had them.

Yes! I's controlled by a app on your phone. They're full RGB, and have different settings to play custom scenes. Theres also a mic setting that changes colors based off of your phones sound.
hilariously enough, my boy who installed them for me the car in green!!

Appreciate 1
dmaxdmax417.00
      02-25-2021, 04:19 PM   #90
dmaxdmax
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i 6-spd

Green under blue? I don't know about that. I'm a purist.

But, I have a black car so no color would clash...but green was my last 3-series' color...still haven't gotten over it getting crushed.

dmax on FB

My last pre-covid standup set
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 11:20 AM   #91
BimmerDoctor
Enlisted Member
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxdmax View Post
Green under blue? I don't know about that. I'm a purist.

But, I have a black car so no color would clash...but green was my last 3-series' color...still haven't gotten over it getting crushed.

Haha. He only used green because his brand is green.

I usually keep it to purple or blue!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 09:35 PM   #92
donny95
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 Bmw 340

HI all, OP here LOL

Sorry I disappeared!!! I couldn't figure out how to post a picture here and just never checked the forums again until recently!

Update with my underflow is that it looked good at first but then I started to not feel it as much and decided to take it off. Not because I don't think it looks as cool anymore but more because I just don't feel it as much as I did in the beginning. I mean it does look sick but I just felt like taking it off now.

Especiallyy since I will be wrapping my car soon and I don't want need the glow to standout
Appreciate 1
dmaxdmax417.00
      04-08-2021, 08:44 AM   #93
AllaVodka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW B58

Quote:
Originally Posted by donny95 View Post
HI all, OP here LOL

Sorry I disappeared!!! I couldn't figure out how to post a picture here and just never checked the forums again until recently!

Update with my underflow is that it looked good at first but then I started to not feel it as much and decided to take it off. Not because I don't think it looks as cool anymore but more because I just don't feel it as much as I did in the beginning. I mean it does look sick but I just felt like taking it off now.

Especiallyy since I will be wrapping my car soon and I don't want need the glow to standout
On behalf of the entire F30 community, thanks for coming to your senses.

On behalf of the ricer community, we're disappointed in you.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 12:44 PM   #94
donny95
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 Bmw 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllaVodka View Post
On behalf of the entire F30 community, thanks for coming to your senses.

On behalf of the ricer community, we're disappointed in you.
:lol

I will post some pics of when I first got it done

I think what turned me away from it was the fact that the one I had installed I didn't have control over it all the time as the frequency was public so it would pickup a diff frequency and turn on so when I would be out and just walking back to my car I would come to see the light on. Sometimes it would go to the mode that goes through all the colours and I would always have to press the off button from my remote in the car just to make sure it is off when I don't want it to be on.
Even though it isn't illegal it does attract attention and being that I have a full cutback setup, catted downpipes with AWE mid pipe and axle back, it is very loud and I would not want the cops attention on me before I even do a pull LOL.

I still do like it but I guess for me in the beginning it was like an impulse buy. Not to say that it doesn't look cool! Just not me anymore lol
Appreciate 0